Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How did someone who never played for the first team get 63 pages. It has been clear for some time he would not make it and this is no surprise. Move the thread to general football. Wanyama is only on page 60 and has served the club much better.

“......Thank you to everyone who's helped me get this far, the learning process never stops and I'm excited to continue at @VitoriaSC1922

Looks about as excited as Lennon did to end up at Everton.

Don’t know what to make of this one, but have to assume he was not quite good enough in the end.

I remember all the fun being poked at Lennon based on how he looked as he signed. Was a bit sobering looking back to, when it turned out there was something much bleaker and more serious going on, than Everton being a step down (which we of course had no way of knowing while taking the piss).

So just saying in the context of Lennon, and Edwards struggling to find his feet, that I truly hope, it's not the same here.

Over hyped nobody, I'm surprised how many are wetting their knickers over the boy, hopefully he can make enough out of football to live a comfortable life , but he's nowhere near good enough to trouble the upper echelons of football.

It looks like he may have put on a bit of weight. Not before time! Will he cut it in Portugal?
Will he even play against Woolwich? Sigh!

Just seen the goal on Youtube. He took it well. I would have watched the game but I don't have BT Sport. Did he have a decent game?

I don't watch Europa League :D

Tried to even avoid when we played there (though couldn't silence my concious for many occasions, but I tried!)

So I cannot answer this one.

Just seen the goal on Youtube. He took it well. I would have watched the game but I don't have BT Sport. Did he have a decent game?
He did well from what I have seen but just didn't have the cardio to last at the pace of the game for the full 90. So was rightly subbed once he started running on fumes. But a bright start.

Good to see him finally "waking up". If he keeps this up he will have a good career down there.

EDIT: Just had a look. 4 goals and 4 assists in 16 games in all competitions.
Not too shabby, involved in a goal in 50% of his games.

Back
Top Bottom