Scott Houghton with an afro - Marcus Edwards

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wouldn’t shock me if he usurped Sancho in the next 12-24 months, for England anyway.

Not seen him lately, but such a talent, with TOB, Onomah, Edwards, KWP et al. we made such a mess!

Fun player to watch but would need to be contributing to 20-25 goals in Portugal to be worth bringing back. A big performance against us would stand to him, half price deal would be nice if he keeps improving. Good to see him doing well, but doubt Conte would be interested in him.

Seems to have developed well, fulfilling some of that huge potential once well spoken about from his younger days, good to see that. Technically he was always raved and highly thought of and thats obvious to see when you see him , so skillful and quick feet. The issues was around his mentality together with focus and concentration, you could also add to a certain degree his physicality which see to have been address to somewhat which is great.

Im not so sure he is a Conte type player, by that i mean he doesnt fit the MO of Conte, he obviously has a huge issue around Gil regarding his diminutive figure and more his physicality, be interesting to see how he does in the CL, although not the physicality of the PL he will be tested alot more in that dept.

Wouldn’t shock me if he usurped Sancho in the next 12-24 months, for England anyway.

Not seen him lately, but such a talent, with TOB, Onomah, Edwards, KWP et al. we made such a mess!
Only 3 % of all EPL academy players ever get game minutes in the EPL.
TOB and Onomah both made a mess of their latent. Where are they now?
KWP has become a good player but not good enough for Spurs even now - and did not impress when he did get his chance at Spurs. Plenty of Spurs fans said then he was not good enough. And 2 head-coaches, Jose & Pochettino, both agreed that his future lay elsewhere. He did lose his RB spot to an 18-years old, Livramento, but got it back when Livramento got a long-term injury (and, if that is a consolation, Chelski sold Livramento to Soton for £5m, which is £7m less than KWP was sold for).
Edwards' attitude was questioned several times. Fortunately, he's matured and done well in Portugal. Better than Kulu or Richarlison? No (not so far at least). But I would like him to come back to Spurs and turn into a hit. But, as already pointed out by others, he may not be a Conte type of player.

Last edited:
Skill like that though…

Jackson 5 Stand GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

(I want you back)

And, played and beat Scott Houghton at Colts U13s/U14s 3x and he never had a whiff of Marcus quality. Poor thread tittle, no offence Scott… (he bum rushed us, first half of first game, though we’d heard he was a bit special, 3-0 up at half time they were, beat them 4-3, we had Matt Jackson Luton, Everton, Wigan who drove us back into the game, and the bar manager said he’d give us £1 each at half time if we won, quality through the team, was district cup final 1983, local press reported it “The making of a thriller” think mum still has the cutting…

Next game I saved a penalty against him, we overpowered them and won 3-1 I think, game after he didn’t show up (mentally) and we won 6-1 and his brother tried to beat up our stand in Goalkeeper, saying how we were not allowed to do this to his brother! (I’d been banned for not cleaning my room, and, PE/Footie stuff!

So missed that game, sadly… Think the reserve also saved a penalty. As recall Dad saying I might not get back in the team, yeah right I thought, just been MOTM in another District School Cup final, was pretty bad ass at U12.

#Days

Last edited:
He can take the Lucas Moura/Bryan Gil role after this season. The main reason I want him back though is his club-grown status. We're in desperate need of a player who is club-grown for the UEFA squad lists. (now that Winks is gone)

And, played and beat Scott Houghton at Colts U13s/U14s 3x and he never had a whiff of Marcus quality. Poor thread tittle, no offence Scott… (he bum rushed us, first half of first game, though we’d heard he was a bit special, 3-0 up at half time they were, beat them 4-3, we had Matt Jackson Luton, Everton, Wigan who drove us back into the game, and the bar manager said he’d give us £1 each at half time if we won, quality through the team, was district cup final 1983, local press reported it “The making of a thriller” think mum still has the cutting…

Next game I saved a penalty against him, we overpowered them and won 3-1 I think, game after he didn’t show up (mentally) and we won 6-1 and his brother tried to beat up our stand in Goalkeeper, saying how we were not allowed to do this to his brother! (I’d been banned for not cleaning my room, and, PE/Footie stuff!

So missed that game, sadly… Think the reserve also saved a penalty. As recall Dad saying I might not get back in the team, yeah right I thought, just been MOTM in another District School Cup final, was pretty bad ass at U12.

#Days
TBF, the thread started as "Messi with an afro". So Houghton might miss the mark, but we're getting closer.

He can take the Lucas Moura/Bryan Gil role after this season. The main reason I want him back though is his club-grown status. We're in desperate need of a player who is club-grown for the UEFA squad lists. (now that Winks is gone)
I agree with this, he's never gonna be what we thought but he's a pretty good player and would compliment the squad well. I reckon if we never had him everyone would have been begging us to sign him up by now.

We don’t play with a player like him. However I think he would now do fine in the prem, he had no problem pushing our guys around. He is a number 10 who can play wing or false 9.

That kind of makes him perfect for Man City, Woolwich and Chelsea based on their managers systems. Expect one of those clubs to look at him particularly if he finds the CL not to hard. City in particularly will need someone when Bernardo Silva leaves, he apparently wants out to Spain and nearly went this summer.

Back
Top Bottom