Scottish football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First title of the season goes to Celtic. Looked pretty one-sided really and 2-1 flattered Rangers.

Should Postecoglou stay? Surely a PL team will come hunting soon…

Great show on iPlayer, on the 40th anniversary of Aberdeen winning the Cup Winners Cup.

Nice wee stories like the players stripping Archie Knox naked and throwing him in a snowdrift because he was always smacking them with a baseball bat.

Lovely bit of nostalgia for me at least. A great time to live through up here.

Will the game in scotland go up in anybody’s estimation now?
Did it after Brendan Rodgers went to Leicester?
Did it after Gerrard went to Rangers then Villa?

There's so much wrong with how the league's are run that it would take an age to sort out. Look into the recent TV deal struck with Sky for SPFL games where they're getting less per game than the previous deal.

No chance. Won’t in mine either. A weak league with weak teams. But ridiculous pressure at the top.
If there was a minor oligarch or 4th rate Saudi prince, put some money into Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs and things could get interesting. Obvs there was that bloke at Hearts a while back who was useless but… C&R are not that great… and I’d love anyone to take a title off them.

If there was a minor oligarch or 4th rate Saudi prince, put some money into Aberdeen, Hearts or Hibs and things could get interesting. Obvs there was that bloke at Hearts a while back who was useless but… C&R are not that great… and I’d love anyone to take a title off them.
There’s been loads of money swilling around Aberdeen for fifty years now and nobody has taken the chance. More than half the population are from outwith the area, so there’s no familial affiliation with the club going back generations.

That means they’ll just not get the attendances needed or the tv revenue to make an investment worthwhile. In the eighties, I’ve seen as many outside the ground as inside, so up to about 45k in total, but that when they were the best team in Europe. That’s never happening again. Hibs and Hearts are in a city population that shouldn’t have two teams, so suffer the same issue. On the other hand, it’s one of the finest things about Scotland - no fucker lives here.

Finally, the worldwide fan base of the bigot brothers is ridiculous. Gone are the days of anyone competing except for a one off cup every few years.

There’s been loads of money swilling around Aberdeen for fifty years now and nobody has taken the chance. More than half the population are from outwith the area, so there’s no familial affiliation with the club going back generations.

That means they’ll just not get the attendances needed or the tv revenue to make an investment worthwhile. In the eighties, I’ve seen as many outside the ground as inside, so up to about 45k in total, but that when they were the best team in Europe. That’s never happening again. Hibs and Hearts are in a city population that shouldn’t have two teams, so suffer the same issue. On the other hand, it’s one of the finest things about Scotland - no fucker lives here.

Finally, the worldwide fan base of the bigot brothers is ridiculous. Gone are the days of anyone competing except for a one off cup every few years.
Probably agree with all of that. Fucking depressing really.

Probably agree with all of that. Fucking depressing really.
Just can’t compete. You just need to look at record transfers in Scotland. The only team to spend £1m on a player outwith Rangers and Celtic is Aberdeen on Paul Bernard (aye, exactly, who?) from oldham and that was 30 years ago.

He was shite. Great banter on a night out, but he never had a night in. Lasted a few years and did fuck all.

Even incoming deals, top one is Calvin Ramsay to Liverpool recently for about £4m. The Glasgow clubs can blow that out of the water.

I always felt Aberdeen suffered the Newcastle syndrome obviously with Newcastle that(s) changing,as in who would go up to the north east of Scotland kinda out of the way a bit like Newcastle when you have Glasgow & Edinburgh or London /Manchester

Celtic are fools for taking Roger’s back. Ran out the door to get Leicester, could have stayed fro ten in a row.
A self serving muppet. So glad we never appointed him.

Celtic are fools for taking Roger’s back. Ran out the door to get Leicester, could have stayed fro ten in a row.
A self serving muppet. So glad we never appointed him.
Yet he'll win them the treble treble and they'll all forget about Ange

And when Ange fails at Spurs, we'll probably get turned down by Rodgers

Yet he'll win them the treble treble and they'll all forget about Ange

And when Ange fails at Spurs, we'll probably get turned down by Rodgers
Tell me you don't read up on anything about Ange and Rodgers without telling me you don't read up on anything about Ange and Rodgers.

:ange-bored2:

Back
Top Bottom