Scotty Parker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow, consider me converted. He has been immense for us and I feel rather silly for doubting him. Anyway...

How many more England caps, and trophies for that matter, would he have won had he joined us earlier in his career rather than repeatedly turning us down? I think we'd be an established top four side had he not made the rather stupid decision to sign for Pest Ham a few years ago. At least we have him now :)

He was been immense for us since he arrived and I must say, I never saw what everyone harped on about either and was not all that excited when he signed. Christ, he was unbelievable on Sunday. A real leader and inspiration for those around him. We now have an ability to grind out results and he adds a strength (along with Sandro) that we have not had, since, I dunno.

Stefan Freund yes, Stefan Freund (they were dark old days eh, Christ was he shit).

They will be crucial in those away games where we are 1-0 up with 20 minutes to go against Aston Villa/Blackburn/Stoke/Newcastle etc where we too often crumble because Huddlestone and Modric were too light, Palacios wasn't good enough and Jenas. God, Jenas.

England caps? He would of got all of Carricks anyway.

I too have to admit how wrong I was. The persuit of Parker pissed me off and I totally didn't rate him....I guess I had not spent too much time watching the pikeys.

He is superb, a leader, tackler and he is starting to give me a tingle.....

it's almost annoying how he's really short changed himself in choosing where to play his football when he's obviously been too good for West Ham and am I right in thinking he was at Newcastle before that?

To be fair, the pursuit of Parker made no sense because at the time we had Palacios, Jenas, Huddlestone, Livermore and Sandro on our books. Selling Jenas, Palacios together with Huddlestone and Sandro getting injured has made getting Parker perfectly logical and to be honest, the stories of his "Braveheart" speech to get the spammers back to 3-3 against West Brom when 3-1 down at halftime gave me food for thought.

I tend to prefer midfield captains, primarily because they can communicate to the frontline and defence and I think given time Parker will be a great candidate for the job.

I'm sure people dont really pay much attention to players other than those who play for Spurs, I thought it was pretty clear he was much better than Palacios/Jenas but becuase he was the wrong side of 30 and got relegated with West Ham maybe people thought he cant be that good...

speaking of shorts, have you seen joe cole play for lille recently, he's gone proper 80's with them (i.e. you can see his nuts hanging out the side).

and yes, he does not look like a footballer (parker), it was the first time my missus had seen him this weekend and she said he looked like a teacher. she doesn't fucking know what she's going on about, fucking idiot.

One of the key figures in our winning streak. Him on the team has changed everything basically. How he adapted into the team is the biggest highlight of the season so far.

I was a little underwhelmed by the Parker signing but he has been quality. Shows how much I know, should probably trust Harry more

Then again Harry probably still wants Joe fucking Cole

+1 to the converted. I didn't hate him, but thought we had Sandro and covering players, and that he was overrated.

I bow down and hats off to him, he has definately improved the squad. For the record. I am 99.9% certain I won't be bowing down to Gio or his fans....

Back
Top Bottom