SCOUTING FOR BOYS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

FFS

PlumpJauntyAmericanbulldog-size_restricted.gif
I thought not another West Ham thread.

I’m not starting this to have a pop.

but your first 3 lines did.
It appears, by total accident, that I have chosen an inappropriate title. Apologies.
As to the reason for the post, it was simply to ask if anyone actually knew what was going on. Everyone seems to be going off at a tangent. Please can we get back to WHO is in charge of what is becoming a fiasco.

It appears, by total accident, that I have chosen an inappropriate title. Apologies.
As to the reason for the post, it was simply to ask if anyone actually knew what was going on. Everyone seems to be going off at a tangent. Please can we get back to WHO is in charge of what is becoming a fiasco.

What's the World Health Organisation got to do with our player scouting?

our scouting appears to be poor, but is it the scouting or the manager, ?
anyone can scout players known to all the clubs then pay top money for them, its picking up the cheap gems that we don't do, think its only Dele that we picked up cheap and turn into a good player & that's only because David Pleat kept plugging him to Levy no-one else would have got that close to Levy
was it Poch that turn down Maddison ?

our scouting appears to be poor, but is it the scouting or the manager, ?
anyone can scout players known to all the clubs then pay top money for them, its picking up the cheap gems that we don't do, think its only Dele that we picked up cheap and turn into a good player & that's only because David Pleat kept plugging him to Levy no-one else would have got that close to Levy
was it Poch that turn down Maddison ?
According to Poch, he didn't have the last say ? It's the anonymity that bugs me. Why can't they just be open and say who decides these things. Whatever the reason, we keep paying fortunes for players who don't seem to fit in. Thank God for Lo Celso.

Yes our Scouting has been poor and that is part of our problem. However our Academy has also been poor. Where is the reserve striker between Kane & Parrot's age? Not enough players coming through compared to say Liverpool who played their under 23 team and won. Kane, Winks & Skipp were some time ago now and only really Tanganga recently.

Don't know about the spurs academy, but here in nth midlands we have 4/5 "academies" nearby in my lads school team we had 3 boys who were in local academies they had been there between 6-8yrs each (going in 3 or 4 evenings each week) when we played school games you would expect them to be shining stars on the pitch but they were little better than the lads who trained 1 night a week at the local teams

Only we would be stupid enough to pay 25M for Sessegnon. Liverpool would have given Ndombele a one way ticket back to Lyon after conducting his medical exam.

Back
Top Bottom