Scum on twitter

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

spooky

The Fighting Cock
Gooners. All they seem to be doing is talking about us and in addition how the media is against them (i.e. when they win, the media still highlights their weaknesses).

Okay, so firstly, I don't see an issue with the latter. We've had teams in the past that have gone on good runs but have been fundamentally weak in key areas and the media have not gone all loopy on our prospects. Arsenals 'history' is the reason why there is still confidence with some people that they will over come their transition and rediscover past form. Got to be honest, I don't give a fuck either way.

The first point I made (them talking about us) would be funny in parts if it wasn't so tiresome. One tweet I saw (retweeted) stated something like this:

"I see Spurs are singing Glory Glory. They haven't won the league since 61. End of"

So he's begrudging us for supporting our club? For singing? Can we only be proud if we're dominating the league like a Utd or like Woolwich have done here and there in the past 15 years?

Sing when you're winning I guess.

What they can't see to understand is our current form is immense! Win our game in hand and we could potentially be (depending on Newcastle's result tomorrow) be 2 points behind united in second place!

They are looking at the league table and can't stand to see us ahead, most probably aren't taking the game in hand in to account and they are also expecting us to slip up, but we can literally double this run with the games we have...

Next 7 games...
Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur v Aston Villa
West Bromwich Albion v Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur v Bolton Wanderers
Stoke City v Tottenham Hotspur
Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland
Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

... I'd expect us to win all our homes games, with maybe a draw with Chelsea, and maybe a draw or two away, but all are easily winnable. If we get a result against Chelsea we could be fighting for 2nd or 3rd rather than merely 4th.

I unfollow any Spurs fan that retweets something that an Woolwich fan has said. That's my only input here.

11038098.jpg

as has I'm sure already been said in various media outlets I couldn't believe the Woolwich celebrations after the Chelsea game. It reminded me of how we used to behave when we won a game against one of the Sky4 at the time. If anything shows how quickly that club has slipped and by how much that celebration is it. Small club mentality but in all seriousness good luck to them. They won't get into the top4 this season and I'm sure they know that which of course means an end to any sort of north London dominance or success in general for them. It wasn't long ago they used to say Spurs weren't even their rivals when compared to United and Chelsea. Their tweets/phone-ins etc are another sign of where they believe their club now is without them even knowing it.

I know a few a***nal fans, mainly through twitter and school, and hav emanaged to live with 2....they all range from mild cunt to (in the words of Larry David) massive vaginas \ /

The only reasonably ok Gooner is JamesOrJim Campbell of the Football Ramble.

I find the more insufferable gooners are of a younger age bracket, largely the ones who only supported them after Wenger became manager. The ones I know who've been going for a while tend to be more reasonable, when I was in school most people didn't give a shit about football, now on facebook they're all "gooners" even though I go to more games in a month than they will go to over 3 years.

drwinston001 said:
as has I'm sure already been said in various media outlets I couldn't believe the a***nal celebrations after the Chelsea game. It reminded me of how we used to behave when we won a game against one of the Sky4 at the time. If anything shows how quickly that club has slipped and by how much that celebration is it. Small club mentality but in all seriousness good luck to them. They won't get into the top4 this season and I'm sure they know that which of course means an end to any sort of north London dominance or success in general for them. It wasn't long ago they used to say Spurs weren't even their rivals when compared to United and Chelsea. Their tweets/phone-ins etc are another sign of where they believe their club now is without them even knowing it.

On da money.

I work with the most annoying Gooner Chumpstain you can imagine and even now, he still calls us 'small time' after the way we celebrated when we qualified for the champs league after our win at City. I asked him about his teams on pitch celebrations at the weekend, he described them as "glorious"....yeah right, it was a standard league game in October.

I'm an American, so I haven't grown up around the waves of gooner support. So in order to work up the hate for them that y'all have embedded in your DNA, I follow some of them on twitter.

I liked when Thelonious, or at least I think it was him, on the pod was talking about the red track suit, the red hate, and we get it you support Woolwich group of people when the trains broke down. Helps me to hate them just a bit more. There should be a weekly feature helping Americans hate the gooners as much as you Londoners do.

It was trunk that said it, I did mention a gooner wearing a tracksuit and the team jersey at a rap gig. Funny thing, I'm fairly sure I've seen him at another gig wearing the same tracksuit and jersey.

In the words of the great Alan Partridge, saaaaaaaaaaad

Whilst on holiday in Greece this summer I saw one of them around town 2 days running wearing his A*****l shirt.

Top it off both times I saw him he had a huge Woolwich beach towel over his shoulders. On one occasion he was on his way out to dinner with his girlfriend (yep, I said girlfriend... I know, if I hadn't seen it I wouldn't have believed it).

Anyway, guess who I saw at 4am in the morning at the airport? Same shirt. Same towel. A beach towel... on the flipping plane!

Back
Top Bottom