Season 2022 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where Will We Finish?

• Total voters
Who is is quietly getting excited for the first time in quite some time?

Have we gone from hoping we can get in the top 4 to maybe pushing the top 2 all the way?
Guardiola says the relentlessness of Liverpool pushes City to be better.
Can he cope with another relentless team behind him?

At Chelsea he won 13 on a row. They were top for 27 match weeks. They won 93 points.
At the end of their 13 game winning run (ended by Spurs) they were averaging 2.578 ppg getting to 49 points by match week 19.
From match week 19 to the end of the season they took another 44 points for an average 2nd half of season 2.315 ppg

From when he took over at Spurs, he took 56 points (17w 5d 6l) for exactly 2 ppg with a weak thin squad.

It seems as though he's getting backed.
What can we do?

My personal bet 3rd. We back Conte get him the right players in I could very much see next season being the biggest gap between the top and everyone else there has been in a long time.

City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea in that order is my bet but not many points between the 4.

United, the scum, West Ham in that order making up the chasing pack but a good 10 points between them and whoever is 4th.

I just hope Antonio goes guns blazing on some silverware next season to break this fucking spursy bullshit once and for all.

3rd but only because Liverpool and City are crazy strong. If this was 3-4 seasons ago I think we might be favourites if we buy really well this summer.

If we want a genuine shot of first then we should be buying something like the below:

Bastoni
Bremer
Milinković-Savić
Eriksen
Perisic
Martinez
nkunku

Conte for me is a better manager than Tuchel and the same level as Klopp and Pep but unless the squads are close in strength I don’t see us winning it. We would need a summer like the above to be that.

It makes me laugh that pundits say "what about if Kane gets an injury?"

What if VVD gets an injuy?
What if KDB gets an injury?
What if Fernandinho is badly replaced?

Every team has a "best" player and will struggle, no matter how many bench warmers they have to maintain the same standard without them.

I think we'll get at least 4th, without the drama, but would just love it if we can be the 'shock' of the season and actually finish top of the table, that would be something to tell your grandchildren (if I had any!).
I'd be happy with 4th if we land a trophy, I'm not greedy.

Just a reminder of what we achieved with no preseason and only 2 signings under Conte.

Imagine a full preseason and summer window of Conte and Paratici...

Just a reminder of what we achieved with no preseason and only 2 signings under Conte.

Imagine a full preseason and summer window of Conte and Paratici...

As the WuM presenter on TalkSport said - Spurs had half a season off and still finished above Woolwich. Woolwich who spent £150m and have had a coach in place for 2 full seasons. And they're proud of that.

As the WuM presenter on TalkSport said - Spurs had half a season off and still finished above Woolwich. Woolwich who spent £150m and have had a coach in place for 2 full seasons. And they're proud of that.
£150m ?????????
A coach in place??????????????

We're fucked aren't we.

:contefacepalm:

Very early vote as no idea who we sign / sell etc.

But 3rd seems realistic.

If we get the right players could we mount a challenge for a domestic cup?? Luck of the draw probably the biggie there.

Catching up with the top two has to be the aim.

I think 3rd is a reasonable aim because Chelsea look very demoralised at the moment. They haven't won anything, they fell way short of their expected title challenge and it's not clear if there is going to be any significant investment in their team this summer. I think the Chelsea team has become moribund and is in the early stages of decline.

But I don't really do "reasonable" when it comes to football. I want the League and Champions League Double just to piss Liverpool and Man City off.

I vote we finish 1st. I know I’m Mr Optimistic (making up for a shitload of despair).
why
1. Man City. Loss of Fernandinho will seriously hurt even if they get Phillips. Many new players there take time to adjust.
Harland is a great player but again will take time to adjust and City will have to make adjustments to the team to fit him in.
we have shown the template for other teams to set up against city.
finally, I think they go 100% for CL over everything.
2. Liverpool. I think they tire even with their inhalers. I think they’ll have a hangover into next season.
3. Chavs . Loss of Rudiger will affect both dressing room and pitch. Loss of leadership from the back 3 they are losing will be massive. Won’t be able to make mistakes in market like they have previously.
World Cup in Nov unbalances everything.
Man U 2nd in Covid year shows what happens when all is unbalanced.

and we swoop in and become Champions. i aslo think Kane gets golden boot next year (trying to prove a point to City).

now I know everyone will think this is a load of bollocks, but what if I’m right. And occasionally I am

liverpool tottenham GIF by Tigo El Salvador

Back
Top Bottom