Season 2022 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where Will We Finish?

• Total voters
If we buy who we're rumoured to get (Bastoni, a CM like Bissouma or SMS, Eriksen, Spence), I expect us to contest 2nd with Chelsea, hopefully keeping the pressure on City all the way through. Liverpool will fall off, not drastically, but Mane leaving will hurt them and their core is not getting any younger. United will be up there, but I think it's still too early for them under Ten Hag. Woolwich will fall back down to mid-table, with Newcastle, Villa and Leicester fighting for Europe.

If we buy who we're rumoured to get (Bastoni, a CM like Bissouma or SMS, Eriksen, Spence), I expect us to contest 2nd with Chelsea, hopefully keeping the pressure on City all the way through. Liverpool will fall off, not drastically, but Mane leaving will hurt them and their core is not getting any younger. United will be up there, but I think it's still too early for them under Ten Hag. Woolwich will fall back down to mid-table, with Newcastle, Villa and Leicester fighting for Europe.

You think United will be up there? I think they'll struggle to be in the top 6 tbh

You think United will be up there? I think they'll struggle to be in the top 6 tbh
De Gea, Varane, De Jong, Ronaldo seems a good spine to be fair, and they all speak some spanish. They have glaring weaknesses, but most of their problems come from deadwood, which they are getting rid of. Also the Ole/Ragnick shambles made their problems look even worse.

De Gea, Varane, De Jong, Ronaldo seems a good spine to be fair, and they all speak some spanish. They have glaring weaknesses, but most of their problems come from deadwood, which they are getting rid of. Also the Ole/Ragnick shambles made their problems look even worse.
I always feel they're just gonna sign whatever player(s) are en vogue at the time, not what they need.
Sancho was £80m wasted. They'll do the same with a Bellingham. Pogba just trolled them. They don't really have a plan.
I really want them to spunk £100m+ on Rice then find out he's not all that either.

Fixtures released a week today I believe.

Looking forward to reacquainted away days at Fulham and Forest; Everton, Leeds and Palace remain the more interesting grounds for away fans. The glorified beach hut at Bournemouth will be the usual fight for tickets.

Also, hopefully some long overdue points against Chavs and Yanited.

Gonna be weird though with the Qatar WC break.

In my little mind, I enter 2022-23 with a level of confidence I’ve not had since we bought Ricky and Ossie.

I was ever optimistic during the Poch years, but always felt we needed a cunt or two in the team. I think we have that now with Cutti. Someone who has a bit of a nasty streak as well as god given talent.

I think we actually have an outside chance of the PL. (trying not to sound like a gooner who has bought into the project). Conte may just be the best of the three top managers, or his system may be the best at not dropping points.

Hoping to get to at least 8-10 games (not been to a game since pre Covid, although went on legends tour with Graham Roberts) and hopefully have a pint or two with other TFC’ers.

In my little mind, I enter 2022-23 with a level of confidence I’ve not had since we bought Ricky and Ossie.

I was ever optimistic during the Poch years, but always felt we needed a cunt or two in the team. I think we have that now with Cutti. Someone who has a bit of a nasty streak as well as god given talent.

I think we actually have an outside chance of the PL. (trying not to sound like a gooner who has bought into the project). Conte may just be the best of the three top managers, or his system may be the best at not dropping points.

Hoping to get to at least 8-10 games (not been to a game since pre Covid, although went on legends tour with Graham Roberts) and hopefully have a pint or two with other TFC’ers.

I think a lot of people missed the fact he took over a terrible side and went 9 games unbeaten in the league. 21 points from 30
We subsequently lost 6 games from 19 which wasn't brilliant or title winning form.
Of those 6 losses - 2-0 Vs Chelsea - Winks. 2-3 Southampton. Winks. 0-2 Wolves - Winks. 1-0 away to Burnley - Winks at HT. Lost in 2nd half. 0-1 to Brighton, I literally put my head in my hands when Winks came on and we lost.

He was on the pitch for 5 out of 6 losses. Let that sink in.

(some one can post that picture for me)

Hopefully he never plays a game for Spurs ever again.

I think a lot of people missed the fact he took over a terrible side and went 9 games unbeaten in the league. 21 points from 30
We subsequently lost 6 games from 19 which wasn't brilliant or title winning form.
Of those 6 losses - 2-0 Vs Chelsea - Winks. 2-3 Southampton. Winks. 0-2 Wolves - Winks. 1-0 away to Burnley - Winks at HT. Lost in 2nd half. 0-1 to Brighton, I literally put my head in my hands when Winks came on and we lost.

He was on the pitch for 5 out of 6 losses. Let that sink in.

(some one can post that picture for me)

Hopefully he never plays a game for Spurs ever again.
Agreed, Winks as a kid who came through the system, good luck to him. But I never thought he was good enough. My boy thought he would make it to the top, but I always believed something was lacking, spite. I don’t think he’s a coward, but lacks the inner fight.

Conte, I hoping has found his forever home.

It's a bit shit or bust. If Ten Haag is better than Conte, as they thought, they will be good pretty quickly. He could be Arteta or even Nuno though.
Ten is potentially a very good manager but his raw materials at Manure are way less than Conte had to build on. Also I think the shit attitude of the manure players is so ingrained that it will take a couple of years to get them all out. city/dippers would take at least 3 (possibly 4) of ours for their first teams. Who would they take out of manure? I don’t see any.

The World Cup is a wildcard, who knows how that changes things?
Can probably only work in our favour. Right now all things being equal City and Liverpool are just too far ahead. We’ll close the gap but…it’s a big gap.

Any curve balls like the WC might prove the springboard we need to progress. Negative would be Harry will get used for every minute, and England are prob good for another semi or beyond.

I went for 2nd.

I’m worried about how good Haaland-KDB is going to be. Those two combined with snappy wingers….I think they might just be unstoppable.

I suspect Haaland will take to the PL like a duck to water. He’s like Duncan Ferguson but with speed and talent.

Back
Top Bottom