Season 2022 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where Will We Finish?

• Total voters
1. Tottenham Hotspur FC
2. Manc Oily Sports Washers FC
3. Thieving Victim Romantics FC
4. Putin Racists FC
5. Glazers Pension Fund FC
6. Geordie Oily Sports Washers FC
7. Wolves
8. Brighton & Woke Albion FC
9. Croydon Dilapidated FC
10. Blue Plastic Clappers FC
11. Woolwich Wanderers FC
12. Aston Fucking M6 FC
13. Yorkshire Yorkshire FC
14. Hampshire Pig Fuckers FC
15. Fat Frank’s FC
16. Kew Gardens FC
17. Fuggers FC
18. We Always Beat Tottenham FC
19. Bournemouth Village FC
20. Spam Racist Mockney Twatbags FC

1. Tottenham Hotspur FC
2. Manc Oily Sports Washers FC
3. Thieving Victim Romantics FC
4. Putin Racists FC
5. Glazers Pension Fund FC
6. Geordie Oily Sports Washers FC
7. Wolves
8. Brighton & Woke Albion FC
9. Croydon Dilapidated FC
10. Blue Plastic Clappers FC
11. Woolwich Wanderers FC
12. Aston Fucking M6 FC
13. Yorkshire Yorkshire FC
14. Hampshire Pig Fuckers FC
15. Fat Frank’s FC
16. Kew Gardens FC
17. Fuggers FC
18. We Always Beat Tottenham FC
19. Bournemouth Village FC
20. Spam Racist Mockney Twatbags FC
Wolves...just Wolves...finish the job or don't start it!

Key is to get off to a good start may be 10 unbeaten. So before the WC break we are in there and then kick on in Jan and May be one or two purchases in case players start to tire after the WC.
All teams with players going to WC are going to suffer with fatigue from Jan. look at salah. Remember also the mental drain on players if they get knocked out in a semi or lose final. They can’t just flick a switch and come back for the Xmas programme of games and be ready physically or mentally.
God forbid if england win the damm thing the players may just cost the rest of the season.
The other thing is that no doubt some players will be sub-consciously thinking of not getting injured.

The World Cup is a wildcard, who knows how that changes things?
Will be interesting to see what impact is has on how the players perform before the WC. Some of the international fringe players will be trying their best to make the squads and some of the more secure international players might play a bit safer to try to protect themselves

I came into last season with no expectations whatsoever. The players were unmotivated, lazy, out of form and want away.
Approaching the final furlong I knew we would get something at Citeh, was quietly confident going to VARfield, knew we would do Woolwich (though I had no idea it would be that easy) and went to Narrrch with a big lah di.
Conte's management has been truly remarkable and we have had, and look like continuing, a good transfer window.
For the first time in a generation, I believe that this year we will win a trophy and I cannot wait.
In the interest of balance we will be unbeatable until the World Cup break fucks us up. :sonlol:

The World Cup is a wildcard, who knows how that changes things?
ynited and Arse will be big beneficiries out of the big 6. They have very few quality players that are likely to go far in the competition.

The rest will be in trouble. They/we all have a lot of top internationals that will participate, and even go far, for us: Lloris, Romero, Son, Kane, Bentancur, Emerson(?), Davies, PEH, Dier(?), Perisic, and even Sarr.

I think for the gooners it's only 5 and 2/3 will likely be just backups.

Forster has to be better than Gollini and Perisic is better than Reggie so we are on the right trajectory.
Swap Sanchez and Bergwijn for better players and job's a good 'un!

I voted 3rd but actually can see us pipping Liverpool for 2nd. Their midfield is ageing and there seems to be an issue with Salah and Mane. They have bought well in Jota, Diaz and Nunez but they all might take time to sync up. I just want to see us getting closer so 2nd or 3rd and 80pts plus would be a good step.

Back
Top Bottom