Season Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprise a few top 4. 2 trophies. I wont complain as I'm just watching Spurs v Gooners from early 2000s with Keller as out keeper, gardner, Kelly, taricco in the back four, a midfield of davies Redknapl Brown and Jackson WTF

Just want to have fun again. Good football. Passion from the terraces to the dugout to the pitch. A few decent away days. Enjoying a drink and being with Spurs fans again.

- Depending on the remaining recruitment; somewhere between 4th & 6th.
- Having a proper crack at the cups....

melting.gif

Unclear until we know the full extent of our transfer business too many questions.

Is Kane going?
Will we get Martinez/ Vlahovic or both?
Will be bring in any more defenders?
Are we getting shot of the deadwood?
etc

If nothing changes and we go in as is I reckon somewhere between 7-10th. But agree with others that we will probably be a bit more entertaining based on what I've seen in pre-season which is something.

It’s an odd way to look at it, but I always try to look at the points tally I expect this squad to attain.

For me, I think we should be capable of around 65 points this season with the right management. Where that leaves us remains to be seen, we can’t control what other clubs do.

More broadly, I just want to enjoy watching the side again. Those last few months of Jose were my least favourite as a Spurs fan. It’ll be nice to not despise the manager and actually approach games with optimism as opposed to the negative energy that surrounded the club.

It’s an odd way to look at it, but I always try to look at the points tally I expect this squad to attain.

For me, I think we should be capable of around 65 points this season with the right management. Where that leaves us remains to be seen, we can’t control what other clubs do.

More broadly, I just want to enjoy watching the side again. Those last few months of Jose were my least favourite as a Spurs fan. It’ll be nice to not despise the manager and actually approach games with optimism as opposed to the negative energy that surrounded the club.

Probably if you looked at ten year average finishing position would be a pretty good start… add/deduct a few places on your relative transfer quality

I'd like to see more adventurous, attacking football and look like they really care. Win or lose. If the passion is there and effort, but they fall you can't fault them.

I would also like to see the Mickey Mouse Europe Cup ™️ taken seriously. Why not? It might represent a "serious" trophy and be somewhere to blood some of the younger talent too.

The fact most of us are predicting mainly between 6th - 10th goes to show how far we have fallen. Add to that we have the Harry Kane saga. If Harry Kane stays, we continue improving the defence and buy a top striker to play with him, then top 4 is a huge possibility. At the moment though, our defence still isn’t good enough even with the brilliant Romero signing. We need a right back and another centre back, so for now as it stands I’m thinking 9th.

Well, I expected a poll here for a start, so that's one down :pochunimpressed:

Making into the Europa League any way would be a success, any trophy a massive plus. If we somehow make it into the Champions League...

vince-mc-mahon-falling-in-chair.gif

I'd like a few wins against any of City, Woolwich, Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea.

They're the games that really get me going and get the heart pumping. Beating Southampton is good but pales in comparison to beating Woolwich.

Other than that, I just want to be entertained. There was only a couple of games last season that really got me going.....

The one I most remember last season is Chelsea 2nd half in the league Cup....... We were 1 nil down at half time and looked completely shot to pieces..... Then all of a sudden, we put in a fantastic performance in the 2nd half and went through on penalties.

More performances with pride and 110 percent effort and I'll be happy.

Oxford English Dictionary come up with a new term “Spursitional “ meaning “ constantly in a period of change but never changing . “

Back
Top Bottom