Season Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Play attacking football, win ECL, finish above Woolwich would be enough to please me this season.

edit: finish above West Ham as well.

Last edited:
We're gonna win the league
We're gonna win the league
And now you're gonna believe me
And now you're gonna believe me
And now you're gonna belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve me
We'll be lucky to finish 7th.

It'd be nice to put in a solid performance against City at home.

Someone posted making our home ground a fortress. First full season with fans hopefully, I think this is a target we need to aim for. We dropped so many points last season at home, losing 6 games.

Our away record was even worse. Not helped by Jose sitting back all the time.

The fact most of us are predicting mainly between 6th - 10th goes to show how far we have fallen. Add to that we have the Harry Kane saga. If Harry Kane stays, we continue improving the defence and buy a top striker to play with him, then top 4 is a huge possibility. At the moment though, our defence still isn’t good enough even with the brilliant Romero signing. We need a right back and another centre back, so for now as it stands I’m thinking 9th.
That’s what I got reading people’s comments. Shows how low we have fallen under enic & levy. As well as people having the excitement & love of watching us knocked out of them by the owners & levy too.
Very downbeat & sad time to be a Spurs fan.
New season started, people should be excited & upbeat but are the opposite & it’s not even started yet.
The good side to that is no one will be shocked & secretly disappointed if we have another crap season. Just the usual now under these lot.
Anyway, 5th-7th I reckon. If others falter maybe scrape 4th. But unfair to expect nuno to get us top 4 with this bunch.
Hopefully a lucky draw in the cups & a good run in one.

I think we'll finish 5th, will be competitive and hopefully enjoy the football on display also start to see the transition taking shape(as long as a few more players come and go).

I'm backing Nuno. if anything I think he will make sure we leave it all on the pitch and give it our all

I don't ask for much.

I want to see us attacking, and not defending a 1-0 to the death like we saw so often last year.
I expect we should at least reach the final of the Conference League, I'm not sure who is still to drop down from the Europa League but the current line up means we should be ouright favourites to win it.
A good attempt at cup runs in both domestic cups
Try and keep in touch with the Top 4 as much as possible but I'm not going to lose my shit if we finish 6th. We've fallen so far behind it's unfair to expect NES to catch up so quickly, but there's always hope. Even if it's the hope that kills you.

Essentially I want the players and team as a whole to give a good accurate account of themselves. A full legit season without excuses. No half-assing things or (fingers crossed) major injuries.
eg. I want Gio and Tanguy to reveal what kind of players they are. Having a couple of massive signings who are still divisive enigmas after a couple seasons is frustrating.
Likewise, what future stars lay in wait? Give Skipp a decent chance to prove himself. Test Scarlett a little too. We'll never know what we have if they don't play.

If we can clear the slate and develop a good base moving forward while earnestly contesting all comps we're in, I will be happy.

Adding to that more specifically though - I want to see backbone. Particularly in all London derbies and big 6 matches. Pretty fed up with watching this sulky version of Spurs. Develop a strong team character. No one's expecting us to make waves this season so it's the perfect time to build a stable team identity.

if we can get another 2 players in that improve the first 11 then got to be aiming for top 4. city are the only team who are elite. need another CB and RB, ideally one of the forwards we are after too. got to fancy us if we can get that sorted. the ndombele situation needs to be sorted because its just weird now.

Top 6 without being pathetically miles off top 4
Above Woolwich
Win ECL
Good runs in domestic cups

I don’t ever have expectations with football, but these are definitely what I hope for. I hope we play some good football so that we can enjoy games again too. I hope those that play put their all into it and show some pride playing for the badge, and I hope we make a couple more good signings before the transfer window closes.

To date i don't think we've done anywhere near enough in the market for things to change much from the last 2 seasons in regards to league placing. That may change but as it stands with the squad we have i'll say 6th but a better atmosphere and more enjoyable football than the last 2 seasons. A bit of a Martin Jol feel, decent but way off bothering the top 4 in league or cups.

Top 4 will be difficult, but we have got to be challenging for it if one of City, Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea have a poor season.

Good showing in the cups, winning one would be great obviously.

Playing good football while bedding in the new guys and a few marquee victories.

I expect us to end the season either in a nerve-wracking dogfight for 5th place, which we narrowly fail to achieve or, sadly, somewhere between 6th & 10th.

However...

Hope springs eternal, and as we approach the first game of the season, I want the team to amaze and surprise me, by suddenly clicking and becoming That Spurs Team I've longed for, for so long. Win the league. It's possible.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom