Season Expectations

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Expecting absolutely nothing but going into the season with the same blind hope and optimism as every year. After being underwhelmed with Nunos appointment, I’ll back him all the way and hope he proves me wrong. I hope Gio can stay fit, I hope Tanguy pulls his finger out of his arse and becomes the maestro, even his biggest haters know he can be. Ideally we get rid of the deadwood and get a couple more quality players in but won’t hold my breath! Mainly, as a lot of others have said, I want to enjoy watching us again, to see a well drilled, competitive team playing with passion and pride. Come on you Spurs!:tobyarm:

Top 4 would be awesome but I'll be happy if we just return to playing attacking, attractive football. High press with a high work rate will stand us in good stead. We have some very good players in our squad who weren't utilised properly with Jose's brand of football. It'll be interesting to see what happens to them under a manager with a more attack-minded philosophy.

I'm really excited to see what Nuno with Gil, Romero and Gollini (and whoever else we recruit) have to offer and what new energy they bring to the team. The more change the better. I'm not expecting top 4 but it would genuinely be good if we can show we're on the road to getting back to that neck of the woods. I dunno, I've got good, positive vibes about this season.

To have acquired at least 4 new sport complex facilities or luxury apartments should be the minimum of our ambitions for the season ahead

A new official sock brand partnership would be the cherry on the cake

I’m going to go with a 5th place finish. Decent run in the FA cup.

Don‘t know why but I have been feeling a little more optimistic as of late.

Finishing above Arsesmell is my baseline expectation.

Finishing in Europa league placing Is also expected.

Playing good Football in the process Is also expected

a cup win would be nice, but not expected.

Expectations?? Fuck expectations mate!

New season starts today while the likes of Sissoko, Winks, Davies, Sanchez, Dier, Aurier, Dele and Doherty are still at the club

Now tell me, what's the point of having any expectations going into the new season?

I feel totally relaxed about the season and am looking forward to it.

This is because I have no expectations whatsoever.

Went last sunday and was pleasantly surprised at how shit the goons were.

But I was in the ground, with beer.

As I will be every game, and now qualify for the coffin dodger's ticket prices.

Me - :nunolol:

Back
Top Bottom