Season Run in

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sunday 21`March - Aston Villa (A)
International Break
Sunday 4 April - Newcastle (A)
Sunday 11 April - ManU (H)
Saturday 17 April - Everton (A)
Sunday 25 April - ManCity (Wembley Cup Final)
Saturday 1 May - Sheffield United (H)
Saturday 8 May - Leeds U (A)
Wednesday 12 May - Wolves (H)
Saturday 15 May - Aston Villa (H)
Sunday 23 May - Leicester C (A)

Still to be re-scheduled Southampton (h)

So after the international break its pretty much one game a week. Surely the end of tired players.

Time to choose teams around which players are likely to be here next season ? And time to train mid week and practice for set pieces etc.

And focus on a higher PL place now ?

We'll be lucky to win even 3 or 4 of those games
foxes were bottom at Christmas 14/15.... last 8 games of that season won 7 draw 1 .... under the same coach - raineri arrived next season IIRC - rest was history... We'll be lucky to win 4 or 5 of those you mean....

Sunday 21`March - Aston Villa (A)
International Break
Sunday 4 April - Newcastle (A)
Sunday 11 April - ManU (H)
Saturday 17 April - Everton (A)
Sunday 25 April - ManCity (Wembley Cup Final)
Saturday 1 May - Sheffield United (H)
Saturday 8 May - Leeds U (A)
Wednesday 12 May - Wolves (H)
Saturday 15 May - Aston Villa (H)
Sunday 23 May - Leicester C (A)

Still to be re-scheduled Southampton (h)

So after the international break its pretty much one game a week. Surely the end of tired players.

Time to choose teams around which players are likely to be here next season ? And time to train mid week and practice for set pieces etc.

And focus on a higher PL place now ?

I am at risk of wearing out the letter L on my keyboard.

On a serious note, that is probably 2 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses.

If he stops rotating now maybe we can get somewhere.
depending on what happens in Europe this season forth might not be enough for champions league football next year.

The team aren't playing for him. The captain has called out half the dressing room, there are no tactics. Everyone is demolarised. We're more likely to see numerous scraps between our own players than we are get 6 or 7 wins out of that lot. If Mourinho stays we might win 3 tops.

This is exactly what happened last year. Imploded in the cups, everyone said oh we can still get top 4, ended up scraping 6th. It's mostly the same squad of players, same manager and i expect we'll be scrapping for 6th again.

I just hope he's not celebrating it this time.

Might aswell replace the opening post with a gif of a wheelie bin rolling down a hill on fire
7db22b025d00998f1a9256e133ce38f1.gif

I don’t give a fucking shit, fuck this season, fuck the manager and fuck these gutless bastards who wear the shirt with muh pride. It’s fucking over

10 games to go, no midweek distractions, mostly winnable games (if we show up that is).

If they have an ounce of self-respect and professionalism they should be able to put a run of 8 wins and grab that Leicester's 4 spot with a last day win there (can always dream!) Sadly, even I cant get myself to believe we will win the Carabao final.

Press the reset button over the summer (no Mourinho, and sadly...most likely no Kane) and make a fresh start again in the CL next season!

3 points off 4th again with 9 games to go

Leicester beating Sheffield United yesterday puts us 8 points off Leicester in 3rd which is possibly out of reach without us winning all our remaining games (Leicester have averaged less than 2 points a game).

And only 9 points off 2nd. Extraordinary

Would like to see more of Tanganga and Rodon in our remaining games too !

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom