Sell the lot, buy English youth?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks, I'm up for oustin' Hitchens, think I'd take him in the ring if he wants to fight me for it, even if I am giving any years to him.
I'll be in your corner. Keep the jab going strong - dominate the centre of the ring - don't let him settle - wait to land the hammer blow. He's knackered - you'll have him this round.

Do I get the job?

I'll be in your corner. Keep the jab going strong - dominate the centre of the ring - don't let him settle - wait to land the hammer blow. He's knackered - you'll have him this round.

Do I get the job?

I'll be honest mate, in the last few years as a challenging behaviour guy, I'd destroy him in about 40 seconds, boxing or preferably mixed/any.

Some of my guys can wrestle!

After the season we've just had, I was all for binning the old guard and replacing them with academy kids! But I realise that this was just a knee jerk reaction.
Anyway, my philosophy has always been that we need a balance of old and young, flair and grit, experience and raw talent.
One of the problems we have is that we don't often give the youngsters a chance to learn on the job, so to speak. There's no patience, and woe betide them if they make a mistake. For example, if Skippy gets his breakthrough next season, and he doesn't play like a mixture of Inesta, Xavi and Kante, he'll get dog's abuse from some quarters.

Sell Toby, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Ndombele, Doherty, Dier.

Bring in Sessegnon, Skipp, Aarons, Watkins, Anderson, McNeil.

GK - Lloris, Whiteman
RB - Aarons, Tanganga
CB - Rodon, Anderson, Sanchez, Tanganga, new buy
LB - Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin
DM - Hojbjerg, Skipp,
CM - Dele, GLC
LM - Son, McNeil
RM - Bergwijn, Clarke
ST - Kane, Watkins

Fill in the backup spots with other young signings or youth players who look promising.

After the season we've just had, I was all for binning the old guard and replacing them with academy kids! But I realise that this was just a knee jerk reaction.
Anyway, my philosophy has always been that we need a balance of old and young, flair and grit, experience and raw talent.
One of the problems we have is that we don't often give the youngsters a chance to learn on the job, so to speak. There's no patience, and woe betide them if they make a mistake. For example, if Skippy gets his breakthrough next season, and he doesn't play like a mixture of Inesta, Xavi and Kante, he'll get dog's abuse from some quarters.
I worry that we may have missed a golden opportunity with Skippy. To my mind, he was superb before he went to Norwich. I just hope beyond hope that he's still got the fire.

Sell Toby, Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, Winks, Lamela, Lucas, Ndombele, Doherty, Dier.

Bring in Sessegnon, Skipp, Aarons, Watkins, Anderson, McNeil.

GK - Lloris, Whiteman
RB - Aarons, Tanganga
CB - Rodon, Anderson, Sanchez, Tanganga, new buy
LB - Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin
DM - Hojbjerg, Skipp,
CM - Dele, GLC
LM - Son, McNeil
RM - Bergwijn, Clarke
ST - Kane, Watkins

Fill in the backup spots with other young signings or youth players who look promising.
Anderson_2013.jpg

? Bit of a wild card. Not seen McNeil? expand please.

Last edited:
Ben White not good enough? Can't say he stood out in games I watched, but only Vs us... Hear good reports and links upwards.

I worry that we may have missed a golden opportunity with Skippy. To my mind, he was superb before he went to Norwich. I just hope beyond hope that he's still got the fire.
Just typical of our luck that he got injured in the last game of the season and will probably miss preseason. I just hope that it's not a career changing injury, like Winks; he was never the same player after that (a factor that the Winks haters tend to overlook).

Nope, nope, nope. Sorry, I churn inside to strongly disagree, but this is the moment, dear Queen of our boards.

I mean English youth is expensive

But its worrying that Kane is the only England representative.

We need more homegrown talents!

Kane goes, Aurier certain it appears (unless Poch moves if it was his call), Foyth likely goes, that's £200M if we can get something for Lamela, Winks, Dier, Dele, Fine.

If Son wants out, value him at £70M and get it done. Sanchez can stay if incumbent (sic) wants, ditto Ndombele, LoCelso, Doherty (can't think why).

Not many I care anything emotionally for as I feel they will only hurt me more now if they stay, mostly.

Back
Top Bottom