Sell the lot, buy English youth?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lloris, Davies, youngsters, is my dream, world class potential seen throughout the team (in spits and spats), waiting to explode together, or dreaming it may.

We're done without major churn.

It ignites the spirit of "if we don't do anything, we'll be better next season" if the core of your talent is U23.

Especially if we get high quality young defenders. I liked the look of that Everton Defender Godfrey, ones like him.

Key attributes, strong physique, good touch, quick players (of mind at least, best both, but no slow coaches). CHO for example if he wasn't from them lot, ones who may become Grealish, Bellingham, Sancho. We already have this model running (Sessegnon, Clark), but I want it amplified, with exceptional researching into backgrounds.
CHO is garbage but I get your sentiment

Kane goes, Aurier certain it appears (unless Poch moves if it was his call), Foyth likely goes, that's £200M if we can get something for Lamela, Winks, Dier, Dele, Fine.

If Son wants out, value him at £70M and get it done. Sanchez can stay if incumbent (sic) wants, ditto Ndombele, LoCelso, Doherty (can't think why).

Not many I care anything emotionally for as I feel they will only hurt me more now if they stay, mostly.
Yeah great idea sell Kane and Son our two best players.

This isn't Fifa and also that's just plain stupid. That's no way to make a good squad.

Who’s in? Aggressive sell off of anyone who is 23 or + and wants out or needs out attitude.

Discuss? I’d poll but can’t be fucked, just think we should and will feign interest in the odd reply to stroke my fragile ego!
Sell the lot, buy English youth!!!

And charge the highest ticket prices in Europe to watch a top 15 feeder club.

Sounds about right.

Yeah great idea sell Kane and Son our two best players.

This isn't Fifa and also that's just plain stupid. That's no way to make a good squad.

It's not a desire to sell those two, per se, rather if they want to go, we are succession bullet proof. Planned and mapped out, instead of winging it Deadline week as usual because there was no underlying plan to action if they want out (could you blame Son? He's ran way too much for us, bless).

Just more an emotional cutting of the umbilical with a structure in place which will make it work (poach back our old guy from the Youth, or poach Leicesters etc and focus their gaze on the UK market).

Having said that, it's what probably knackered our squad, not forgetting the Belgians and Hugo going so far in the competition.

Rather Pochs lacking in mid-long term vision to scale way down those involved in his boot methods pre-season (especially those who were multi season at the club), but agree for sure.

High high likelihood to develop as his bro has physically, scout and sign this type, be 'the new'.

Who’s in? Aggressive sell off of anyone who is 23 or + and wants out or needs out attitude.

Discuss? I’d poll but can’t be fucked, just think we should and will feign interest in the odd reply to stroke my fragile ego!
Abso-fecking-lutely not.
I'm sick of all these pimply adolescents stinking the gaff out.
We need experienced players who can learn up all the good young players we have at the club.

Last edited:
One of the most interesting segments of the interview didn’t revolve around Dortmund’s young star, but around his brother Jobe, who is 15 and currently plies his trade for the Birmingham City youth team. When asked about his thoughts on the possibility of his brother joining Dortmund in the future, Jude was quick to share his excitement at the thought:
“That would be a dream come true for me. I hope he continues progressing as a person and a player. I don’t want to put any pressure on him – but he definitely won’t be playing for Schalke.”
Borussia Dortmund fans will be happy to see that Jude has adopted their aversion to Schalke, and his willingness to make sure his brother doesn’t ever end up with them. That being said however, the thought of the Bellingham brothers one day plying their trade together at the Westfalenstadion is a wholesome and heartwarming prospect.

Abso-fecking-lutely not.
I'm sick of all these pimply adolescents stinking the gaff out.
We need experienced players who can learn up all the good youn players we have at the club.

Not-Sure-If-Serious.Gif

As you frequent the Youth thread, are you serious? Would you not like a larger % towards nourishing that?

Not-Sure-If-Serious.Gif

As you frequent the Youth thread, are you serious? Would you not like a larger % towards nourishing that?
Absolutely serious.
I want good edit excellent players playing for Spurs. I don't care how old they are.
Don't you think we would have had a better season if we had Evans instead of Sanchez?
If we can get one youth every couple of years to be a top class player for Spurs that is a fantastic achievement. I am in favour of giving youth opportunity but I know that most of them will flop.

Absolutely serious.
I want good edit excellent players playing for Spurs. I don't care how old they are.
Don't you think we would have had a better season if we had Evans instead of Sanchez?
If we can get one youth every couple of years to be a top class player for Spurs that is a fantastic achievement. I am in favour of giving youth opportunity but I know that most of them will flop.

Ditto Evans with Godfrey, this season we do much much better. My belief.

High high likelihood to develop as his bro has physically, scout and sign this type, be 'the new'.
oh come on arrested development GIF

Anderson_2013.jpg

? Bit of a wild card. Not seen McNeil? expand please.
McNeil can play left wing or left side in midfield. He's only 21, maybe 22? But he's fast, had 2 goals and 5 assists in the league for Burnley this year. Doesn't seem like a lot but it's hard to tell how much that is due to Burnley not attacking.

Numbers wise he is comparable to Townsend but he seems faster and obviously much younger.

He has been in the England U21 side a few times this year with Skipp, Sess, and Tanganga.

Back
Top Bottom