Semi-Final Kick off...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Abbey Yid said:
Doubt i'll have a ticket (unless any of you fine gents have a spare) but could well be worth going up there and watching it in a pub next to Wembley. Haven't been to Wembley with Spurs so I think even if i'm not in the ground, the whole atmosphere building up to the game will be fucking class.
wouldn't go up on your own to watch in a pub at wembley, better off going to tottenham and watching it in the brikies etc

Sean said:
Abbey Yid said:
Doubt i'll have a ticket (unless any of you fine gents have a spare) but could well be worth going up there and watching it in a pub next to Wembley. Haven't been to Wembley with Spurs so I think even if i'm not in the ground, the whole atmosphere building up to the game will be fucking class.
wouldn't go up on your own to watch in a pub at wembley, better off going to tottenham and watching it in the brikies etc
There'd probably be a couple of us going up there anyway, despite all my loneliness I do occasionally have mates! I think we'll leave it down to the day, depends how we're feeling!

In my experience the pubs clear out and there's no one left about. Bill Nich or Bricklayers would be much better.

Sean said:
Any news on the pubs we will be allowed in?

Some info for those wishing to drink around Baker Street/Marylebone before making the short tube or overground journey

I live "dem sides", and I've had a chat with my local establishment patrons, in order to glean some knowledge to drop. (I know all these fine purveyors of beverage well, because I'm out on the piss so often.)

It's not concrete yet, but The Globe will almost certainly be Chelsea. (They have to put up a fence now, to stop the pricks throwing celery at cars.)

The Metropolitan (big Wetherspoons above Baker Street station) will probably be Spurs or maybe mixed, depending on numbers and what the police tell them.

The Alsop Arms (Gloucester Place, close to Marylebone overground) will almost certainly be Spurs, and if so, will be my home for the afternoon. The manager is almost obsessive about serving a decent pint too, so I heartily recommend it.

I'd steer clear of most smaller pubs in the area, as there's a fair few scummy chav "fans" around this way, who probably won't be going to Wembley but may well give you grief if you're wearing Spurs tops etc.

Not that they're hard on their own, but they're the sort of cunts to start something and then ring up all their weekend gangster mates. They're vermin.

I also don't recommend drinking cans on the street, the police are hot on it now.

More news as I get it.

Big Les Wade said:
Can't believe this game is a 6pm Sunday and the bin dippers at lunchtime Saturday.

If it goes off in a big way on the Sunday the FA have no leg to stand on. The tube ride up there with pissed up lairy types could be a bit lively. I remember a similar trip down to West Ham once when it kicked off on the tube. Not family entertainment.

:harryblow:

Well, the Sunday is the anniversary of Hillsborough......

the FA will come out looking just fine, it'll be us and Chelsea that look like the cunts......... #EuropeanBan ?

frontwheel said:
Sean said:

Some info for those wishing to drink around Baker Street/Marylebone before making the short tube or overground journey

I live "dem sides", and I've had a chat with my local establishment patrons, in order to glean some knowledge to drop. (I know all these fine purveyors of beverage well, because I'm out on the piss so often.)

It's not concrete yet, but The Globe will almost certainly be Chelsea. (They have to put up a fence now, to stop the pricks throwing celery at cars.)

The Metropolitan (big Wetherspoons above Baker Street station) will probably be Spurs or maybe mixed, depending on numbers and what the police tell them.

The Alsop Arms (Gloucester Place, close to Marylebone overground) will almost certainly be Spurs, and if so, will be my home for the afternoon. The manager is almost obsessive about serving a decent pint too, so I heartily recommend it.

I'd steer clear of most smaller pubs in the area, as there's a fair few scummy chav "fans" around this way, who probably won't be going to Wembley but may well give you grief if you're wearing Spurs tops etc.

Not that they're hard on their own, but they're the sort of cunts to start something and then ring up all their weekend gangster mates. They're vermin.

I also don't recommend drinking cans on the street, the police are hot on it now.

More news as I get it.

Just get yourself to the Green Man in Wembley

the pubs in Baker Street aren't worth the hassle imo

Thelonious said:
Man U play on the anniversary of Munich and Liverpool have played on April 15 since Hillsborough

Don't think they've played an FA Cup semi on Hillsborough

and why would there be an issue with playing on the anniversary of Munich?!......Surely travelling rather than playing would be the thing they would avoid!!

Blanchflower said:

Each to their own but the Alsop's my local anyway and Wembley's a khazi.

Also, since they rebuilt, it's really quick on the overground. I went to England Switzerland weekday friendly (don't ask -- a mate gave me a ticket) a couple of years ago and was back by 20 past ten.

Blanchflower said:
frontwheel said:
Sean said:

More news as I get it.

OR any of the pubs in Kingsbury or Colindale

Thelonious said:
In fairness, I don't really care. Just being contrary. :)

cilla1.jpg

LOL no, it's in negative as opposed to black and white...

Although given that your face looks white in the image, then I suppose that as well.

Back
Top Bottom