Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of us have seen exactly what he's got and have been blowing his trumpet way, way before Jose rocked up on our shores.

Sorry mate but people only waking up to him now simply got it wrong about him. People should just hold up their hands and say they got it wrong, rather than hiding behind a myth that it is only now that he's suddenly out of the blue to become a player. (sorry not having a pop at you personally)
Nah, his defensive games has been atrocious.

Just now getting it together under JM...so far.

Aurier reminds me of a drinking buddy of mine in the olden days.
Went out with him dozens of times and not a bit of trouble. But then in the middle of those nights someone looks at him wrong and the next minute you're dodging glasses and beer bottles.

And I've asked on numerous times now for people to list these atrocious things, not one person has responded. Are you that man thinktank?
His positional sense, sense of responsibility in backtracking/recovering, composure, decision making has been extremely poor since he came; only just started to uptick under JM.

He's been decent in the final third, always willing to get in behind and put in early balls and that has become more effective this season.

I know I'm amazing, but asking me to highlight every instance of his batshittery, lack of effort in recovery and lack of basic defensive instinct in every game he's played since he's been here, is a bit much; even for my huge footballing brain.

We disagree; I don't care.

What I do care about is him playing his balls off the last two games, showing he might just well be capable of the right kind of consistency.

His positional sense, sense of responsibility in backtracking/recovering, composure, decision making has been extremely poor since he came; only just started to uptick under JM.

He's been decent in the final third, always willing to get in behind and put in early balls and that has become more effective this season.

I know I'm amazing, but asking me to highlight every instance of his batshittery, lack of effort in recovery and lack of basic defensive instinct in every game he's played since he's been here, is a bit much; even for my huge footballing brain.

We disagree; I don't care.

What I do care about is him playing his balls off the last two games, showing he might just well be capable of the right kind of consistency.
The thing is mate, and I've detailed it within this thread, it is a false narrative has built up around this player. Exactly the same happened to Sissoko.

I'm not asking for you list examples from every game but to be fair you haven't listed one from any game.

Hoofing it up the pitch (when we are sat so deep) is the same as losing possession. It's also kind of difficult to hoof it up the pitch when the route to hoofing it has been blocked off by the oppo.

Bottom line is in those moments, you need the ball carried up the pitch, which is what I think he wanted to do (it's Sissoko's only real good thing he does for us) or you have one of our players come towards him and make an angle.
Agree but if no one is making an angle or run, it is better to lose possession 70 yards from goal than 30 yards. Especially so late in the game.

The thing is mate, and I've detailed it within this thread, it is a false narrative has built up around this player. Exactly the same happened to Sissoko.

I'm not asking for you list examples from every game but to be fair you haven't listed one from any game.
Isn’t it funny to see you now, after doing the exact same thing to Trippier.
You’re acting like we replaced him with a right sided Cafu.

May I ask what players you think we need (or don’t need) because apparently Dele is some kind of hybrid striker and and absolute midfield work horse now, and Aurier is sublime.
We’ve seemingly got it all covered.

RB
Striker
Dm

Isn’t it funny to see you now, after doing the exact same thing to Trippier.
You’re acting like we replaced him with a right sided Cafu.

May I ask what players you think we need (or don’t need) because apparently Dele is some kind of hybrid striker and and absolute midfield work horse now, and Aurier is sublime.
We’ve seemingly got it all covered.

RB
Striker
Dm

We need a DM - I must have only mentioned this a thousand times by now.
Under Jose's style, we need to buy a striker as he can't get anything out of our attacking players as Poch managed to when Kane was injured.
If KWP is to leave then maybe we need an RB (probably need one anyway as Jose clearly don't rate him). But I'd say an LB is far more important, as we can play Tanganga there instead of him at LB.

No, I've never claimed that of Aurier, I've also stated numerous times there are better RB's to be found. You still haven't swallowed the Trippier pill, he's been fucked off mate, we couldn't wait to see him out the door.

Why can't you be happy that Aurier is doing bits for Tottenham?

We need a DM - I must have only mentioned this a thousand times by now.
Under Jose's style, we need to buy a striker as he can't get anything out of our attacking players as Poch managed to when Kane was injured.
If KWP is to leave then maybe we need an RB (probably need one anyway as Jose clearly don't rate him). But I'd say an LB is far more important, as we can play Tanganga there instead of him at LB.

No, I've never claimed that of Aurier, I've also stated numerous times there are better RB's to be found. You still haven't swallowed the Trippier pill, he's been fucked off mate, we couldn't wait to see him out the door.

Why can't you be happy that Aurier is doing bits for Tottenham?
I don’t rate Aurier sorry, just how it sometimes you should know that yourself.
I’m not mocking him a calling him Fredo and saying everything he does well is a “lucky punt” though.
I give him credit where it’s due and can acknowledge his good games.

Jose has got something out of our attacking players, it’s not tactics that misses sitters.
Oh and you might have missed the part where Poch sold Llorente who was the reason we beat City.
How did he have the attack doing WITH Kane for the last 11 months of his reign?

I don’t rate Aurier sorry, just how it sometimes you should know that yourself.
I’m not mocking him a calling him Fredo and saying everything he does well is a “lucky punt” though.
I give him credit where it’s due and can acknowledge his good games.

Jose has got something out of our attacking players, it’s not tactics that misses sitters.
Oh and you might have missed the part where Poch sold Llorente who was the reason we beat City.
How did he have the attack doing WITH Kane for the last 11 months of his reign?
I made a point of acknowledging every single good Tripps performance, especially given my stance on him. It's all in here.

I haven't said that you didn't acknowledge Auriers good games, we've even exchanged a post on the matter yesterday.

Frodo is the nickname his teammates gave him, do you think that might have been the reason he went, that he couldn't take his teammates mocking him every day? Worth a thought now.

What is the point of this conversation? Tripps is not a Spurs player. Why are you on about Strikers, Llorente and Jose?

Im not really sure it does anyone credit to say “I always knew he was decent” when he was an international player signed from a top club for twenty odd million. Of course he’s decent.

However, he has a mistake in him. As all players do. Hopefully he’s settling in now and we’ll see him continuing to improve.

I made a point of acknowledging every single good Tripps performance, especially given my stance on him. It's all in here.

I haven't said that you didn't acknowledge Auriers good games, we've even exchanged a post on the matter yesterday.

Frodo is the nickname his teammates gave him, do you think that might have been the reason he went, that he couldn't take his teammates mocking him every day? Worth a thought now.

What is the point of this conversation? Tripps is not a Spurs player. Why are you on about Strikers, Llorente and Jose?
You said Jose didn’t have the attack worki g the way Poch could. Or did I imagine that?

This is the Aurier thread where you were bringing up DM's and strikers! Just give it a rest mate ffs!.
Yeah I find it odd that people feel comfortable using Dele as striker and claiming Aurier is an actual upgrade on Trippier in the biggest transition since AVB.

Then having pops at the manager while advocating garbage individual performances

Yeah I find it odd that people feel comfortable using Dele as striker and claiming Aurier is an actual upgrade on Trippier in the biggest transition since AVB.

Then having pops at the manager while advocating garbage individual performances
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom