Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two goals both down his side, second one he gave up on chasing back...wasn't even on a yellow and should have taken him out.

Hauled off shortly after.

His ball into the box for the Bergwijn goal was pure luck....and yes, he took his goal well, but fuck sake.

Overall he's brutal.
The bad almost always outweighs the good with him unfortunately.
Just so erratic and unreliable.

Theres a myth that you can’t impact a game if you don’t score or assist

It’s just performance over result really though.

It’s like saying we should all be happy because have won lots of games, despite being rubbish for most of them.
No different to saying Aurier or Dele have been good because they’ve contributed to some goals.

And then there’s the real barrel scraper that Ndombele has been good because he passed the ball forward

Theres a myth that you can’t impact a game if you don’t score or assist

It’s just performance over result really though.

It’s like saying we should all be happy because have won lots of games, despite being rubbish for most of them.
No different to saying Aurier or Dele have been good because they’ve contributed to some goals.

And then there’s the real barrel scraper that Ndombele has been good because he passed the ball forward

Funny thing is, nobody actually claims those things. Nearly everybody to a man acknowledges that Aurier and Alli are flawed and that being good at passing forwards hasn’t rendered NDombele’s performances good, just that if we can get him match sharp, that ability will be useful.

But there is some fool on here that keeps telling us Dier’s a brilliant midfielder because he’s managed to not get yanked off before half time a handful of times....

go figure...

sammyspurs sammyspurs has his favourites. The worst thing fan can do. Don't be like sammy.

He actually counted Dier's tackles against Wolves, laughable.
Why shouldn’t I count them?
People count forward passes.

If he made no tackles I’m pretty sure it would be used.

And I don’t have favorites as I’m not 14
Dier needs replacing but right now he’s what we have.

Ive never said differently.

People like you are such a joke. How did it go with your own favorite Eriksen.
Took you a year but then you were all clamoring to get a seat on the Eriksen Out train beside me.

Kane should NEVER have been dropped in 5 years. How’s that panning out?

Now it’s gone from a trickle on Deles back to a fucking monsoon.

Soon you’ll all want Ndombele shipped off and you will realise that Sessengon is just Johnny Jackson (you had to be a fan then to know who he is)

But keep up the good work, it’s odd that we have so many brilliant players that even with Dier not on the pitch we are still shit.

Funny thing is, nobody actually claims those things. Nearly everybody to a man acknowledges that Aurier and Alli are flawed and that being good at passing forwards hasn’t rendered NDombele’s performances good, just that if we can get him match sharp, that ability will be useful.

But there is some fool on here that keeps telling us Dier’s a brilliant midfielder because he’s managed to not get yanked off before half time a handful of times....

go figure...
Ironic.
Who said Dier was brilliant? No one

But I can dig up posts that claim Aurier is vastly superior to Tripper and Dele hasn’t been poor.
And that Ndombele played well because he passed the ball forward.

Why shouldn’t I count them?
People count forward passes.

If he made no tackles I’m pretty sure it would be used.

And I don’t have favorites as I’m not 14
Dier needs replacing but right now he’s what we have.

Ive never said differently.

People like you are such a joke. How did it go with your own favorite Eriksen.
Took you a year but then you were all clamoring to get a seat on the Eriksen Out train beside me.

Kane should NEVER have been dropped in 5 years. How’s that panning out?

Now it’s gone from a trickle on Deles back to a fucking monsoon.

Soon you’ll all want Ndombele shipped off and you will realise that Sessengon is just Johnny Jackson (you had to be a fan then to know who he is)

But keep up the good work, it’s odd that we have so many brilliant players that even with Dier not on the pitch we are still shit.
Complete bullshit and lies.

I don't have agenda. You like Dier. You don't like mew players. You didn't like Lo Celso either.

I don't turn back on our players and get constantly on them like you do.

Sammy is such a fuckin boomer lol.

New signings = unknown scary possibly dangerous mysterious outsider

Year or so later he'll be loving them whilst hating on the new signings (assuming we don't go another summer without signing again).

There is a big problem with those Whoscored ratings - paint a very limited picture - though: according to them for instance Dele Alli was better than Lo Celso yesterday, would anyone who actually watched the game agree with that?
Whoscored is good for stats especially on mins played, also their heat map's are great as you can drill down into individual players. I do not like their weighting metric, as far as I'm aware it's not based on the position of the player (except 'keepers), so a player that scores or assists will always come out with a high score (it's like fanboys and Corp clients giving Son or Kane MoTM because they tapped in a goal from 1yrd out despite playing shit all game, but they want his signature on their shirts so they can get more money for it when they flog them on eBay) having said that it will reward a player that has an influence on the game, so ignore the actual score of a player and just focus on who's in say the top 5 of players (both sides) there's a good chance their influence on the game is more or less appropriate.

I've heard that they will go to an xG model for next year, and also one weighted by position, which I think will even up the scores a tad, who knows.

So, Dele was really good, especially in the first half as he was heavily influenced in almost every one of our attacks, be that coming deep into midfield then making late runs or holding the ball up. His influence diminished in the 2nd half just as most Spurs players did, largely because Wolves did a better job in competing for the ball in midfield, and our players unable to respond or have a solution to this, not helped by the manger doing absolutely fuck all until the 80th min or so.

The man is a liability. He was told off by Mourinho as soon as JM signed. He is a joker and he will never change. Push him out on the wing far from defence.

And i do not understand this fanboy obsession with him and Davies as was for Rose. Useless defenders the lot. You think you going to win big matches with these clowns? seriously have a word.

And i do not understand this fanboy obsession with him and Davies as was for Rose. Useless defenders the lot. You think you going to win big matches with these clowns? seriously have a word.
Apparenlty Poch should have won the title and numerous honours with Rose and Davies.

Back
Top Bottom