Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

2 points above Burnley , 4 points off 12th , 11 wins in 28 , on the ropes in the CL

Context is a wonderful thing mate

Who has genuinely played well consistently this season ?

Aurier has gone up in my estimations this year, he'd be in contention for it.

If you like it or not there will be a player of the year award. One player needs to win it it won't be getting scrapped and doesn't deserve to for a team that is currently 7th.

Someone needs to win it..... Who's your choice? 2-3 spring to mind for me so I'd like to know your choice, seeing as there clearly and obviously has to be one.

If you like it or not there will be a player of the year award. One player needs to win it it won't be getting scrapped and doesn't deserve to for a team that is currently 7th.

Someone needs to win it..... Who's your choice? 2-3 spring to mind for me so I'd like to know your choice, seeing as there clearly and obviously has to be one.

Aurier has improved this season I'd agree but he is far from consistent. It's a really tough question in my opinion , no one really springs to mind

you always get a decent level of performance at worst from Kane and Son but the pair have / will miss too many games this season to warrant it i think , Lo Celso has been decent for the last couple of months but was injured/not playing for a significant amount of the season , Same for Sissoko

From the rest there are patches of good form such as Dele when mourinho first came in but can you give someone player of the season based off 5 or 6 good games

If I had a gun to my head and was forced to pick someone I guess it would be Winks , he is very average most of the time but at least somewhat reliable and loves playing for the club and never gives less than 100 percent

But that's me picking a player that has just been OK which shows my opinion on this group of players this season

Aurier? Worst thing i can't think of any better

I still think Foyth is better RB than Aurier. Foyth is better technician, better defender and better passer.
YEs Foyth makes mistakes, but so does Aurier.

It would be a huge mistake to let Foyth walk after this season. He's a great talent.
If Foyth was given same amount of opportunity as Aurier got this season, Foyth would have outperformed Aurier this season.

Last edited:
I still think Foyth is better RB than Aurier. Foyth is better technician, better defender and better passer.

It would be a huge mistake to let Foyth walk after this season. He's a great talent.
If Foyth was given same amount of opportunity as Aurier got this season, Foyth would have outperformed Aurier this season.

Foyth's fuck-up/game ratio is MUCH higher than Serge's.

You know all this from 32 senior appearances in 3 years and 4 at right back?

_111696574_aurier.jpg

Aurier posted a picture of himself jogging with a friend to his Instagram story

Wouldn't be by much, just when he gets going he ends up doing something diabolical.

Nowhere near on a minutes played basis.... It's somewhat of a meme where Serge is concerned.... Take the throw-ins jibes for instance.

He's been one of our better performers this year; I don't see many other individuals wholesale described in such extreme terms as "diabolical".

Nowhere near on a minutes played basis.... It's somewhat of a meme where Serge is concerned.... Take the throw-ins jibes for instance.

He's been one of our better performers this year; I don't see many other individuals wholesale described in such extreme terms as "diabolical".
The diabolical reference is just in terms of the brain farts, not his overall game.

The diabolical reference is just in terms of the brain farts, not his overall game.

Fair enough, I have more than just your comments in mind tbh..... But still, I think the frequency of these brainfarts gets overstated.

Back
Top Bottom