Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Auriers tendency to make mistakes is an issue for sure, but it is compounded massively by his lack of skill and woeful lack of pace.
Kyle Walker has a similar issue with making errors through sloppiness/lack of concentration, but he is able to get away with these by virtue of his speed and being a far superior footballer technically.
The pace and technically ability that Walker possesses is basically the sole trait that differentiates him from Aurier. Other than that they are incredibly similar footballers.

I disagree about your assessment of Aurier's skill, but will acknowledge that this is subjective.

Walker's pace is undeniably world class. I'd argue that Serge's pace is explosive in the first few paces, then fairly average after.

ek3VvQ8.png

wPVXSHa.png

Serge has more goals, the same assists, more tackles and comparable individual defensive stats to Walker in just over half the amount of the match appearances (50 to 87).

Serge has given away 3 penalties to Walker's 1. (Spurs have given up 15 PL penalties (since the start of 17/18) to City's 8.

Kyle Walker is a £50 Million RB.

Much better game today - fair is fair
Had a better game defensively than against United while not being as tested, he had so much time and space out on the right hand side and his delivery was often lacking, caught offside on one occasion when we had a good chance to produce too.

Honestly if we had someone with a better delivery (even Trippier) in that advanced role with not much defensive duties, we maybe score another two goals tbh. 6/10 last night for me.

Had a better game defensively than against United while not being as tested, he had so much time and space out on the right hand side and his delivery was often lacking, caught offside on one occasion when we had a good chance to produce too.

Honestly if we had someone with a better delivery (even Trippier) in that advanced role with not much defensive duties, we maybe score another two goals tbh. 6/10 last night for me.
If he had a better delivery we could have smashed 4-5 last night. He got into all the right positions but couldn’t execute

I disagree about your assessment of Aurier's skill, but will acknowledge that this is subjective.

Walker's pace is undeniably world class. I'd argue that Serge's pace is explosive in the first few paces, then fairly average after.

ek3VvQ8.png

wPVXSHa.png

Serge has more goals, the same assists, more tackles and comparable individual defensive stats to Walker in just over half the amount of the match appearances (50 to 87).

Serge has given away 3 penalties to Walker's 1. (Spurs have given up 15 PL penalties (since the start of 17/18) to City's 8.

Kyle Walker is a £50 Million RB.

Who would you rather have. I'd take walker back.

Who would you rather have. I'd take walker back.

I'd rather have had Walker for the past 2.5 seasons. No question.

Moving forward, Walker's age will become an issue, and looking back, we probably maximized the value we could get for Walker.

Walker is (per TransferMarkt) the 4th most valuable RB in the world and 2.5x the value of Aurier (who is tied for 23rd most valuable RB in the world.

zTCp3Sd.png

hMQ8qoh.png

Aurier is insanely undervalued IMO. His individual stats are ridiculous.

Defensively, he is 8th in the entire PL in tackles. 5th among all defenders.
Offensively, he is tied for 19th in the entire PL in assists. 3rd among all defenders.

I'd rather have had Walker for the past 2.5 seasons. No question.

Moving forward, Walker's age will become an issue, and looking back, we probably maximized the value we could get for Walker.

Walker is (per TransferMarkt) the 4th most valuable RB in the world and 2.5x the value of Aurier (who is tied for 23rd most valuable RB in the world.

zTCp3Sd.png

hMQ8qoh.png

Aurier is insanely undervalued IMO. His individual stats are ridiculous.

Defensively, he is 8th in the entire PL in tackles. 5th among all defenders.
Offensively, he is tied for 19th in the entire PL in assists. 3rd among all defenders.
Is Sidibe better because he makes more tackles or is Aurier better because he's 0.1 something better in a made up rating based on stats?

What a load of shit mate.

4HAU8ui.png

dERzafr.png

uwcpLfv.png

Back
Top Bottom