Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Credit when it's due, but I still think there is better player in Doherty. Needs time though, but Aurier definitely stepped up after he got someone to fight against for the spot in 1st eleven.

everyone makes mistakes from time to time of course, but aurier is notorious for it year in year out and that will never change. doherty has made us look far more solid imo and hes a far better natural footballer than aurier too which makes us better in attack when hes playing.
hes the weak link in the fact hes the weakest player in the side... every team has a weak link.

youre boring talking nonsense about how great aurier is...never heard so much waffle in my life.

lets see how he does over the next 5-6 games. well come back to this then. hopefully im singing his praises too
You just don't like him. What has Docherty done which impressed you so much? Players literally run past Docherty.

Tottenham's Aurier: Too early for Premier League title talk​

Serge Aurier has warned that it is too early for Tottenham Hotspur to think about winning the Premier League title.

Spurs are ahead of champions Liverpool at the top of the table on goal difference after an impressive 2-0 win against Manchester City on Saturday, but Aurier does not want to get carried away.

"The objective is to try to stay there for as long as possible," Aurier told RMC Sport. "We are very happy about what is going on and our position because we deserve to be top of the table. And I can't forget that we dropped some points stupidly at home against West Ham or Newcastle.

"However, I think it is too early to think about the title. We can't rush anything. A couple of weeks ago, Southampton were top of the table and then it was Leicester. Now it is us.

"We are trying to do better than last season. We didn't start well in the last campaign. It is much better already this season. We just want to be in the conversation and we are. We have big games coming up and we want more results like against Manchester City and we will continue to fight for the challenges to come."

With Jose Mourinho recently celebrating a year in charge of the club, Aurier, who is now in his fourth season with Tottenham, senses that they're on the cusp of achieving major success.

"Of course, I can feel there is something special happening here," he said. "I am not a dreamer; I take things as they happen but today, we can be proud of ourselves for the start of the season that we have had.

"We are all on the same page. As long as we are like this and we keep going forward, there will be no problems."

The form of Harry Kane, who has seven goals and nine assists in the Premier League, and Son Heung-Min, who has scored nine times in nine games, has been Spurs' biggest asset this season.

"Offensively, we have players in great form who are working hard, are making the efforts defensively for the team as well," Aurier said.

"For now, we are together, we work together, we win together and one day we will lose together but we will have to stay united. Like I said, I am not a dreamer but I would like to dream that at the end of the season we will be happy and be rewarded at last."

You just don't like him. What has Docherty done which impressed you so much? Players literally run past Docherty.
hes been a liability for years, hes had a couple good games this season yea...hopefully it does continue but i wont hold my breath.

before the season started we had four major weak links in dele, winks, sanchez and aurier, 3 of them dont get in the squad anymore and guess what? we are absolutely flying and looking like a real quality side now. dier was also a liabilty in cdm but now hes at the back hes transformed his career, i just cant see how aurier can all of a sudden be regarded as nailed on for rb after a couple good games this year after weve had to suffer him for years. doherty hasnt done anything amazing except be consistently reliable, you dont ever have situations where youre worried about him fucking up like you do with aurier. having known liabilities in the team effects the rest of the team mentally.

Genuine question why is he so good this year?
Arguably man of the match in almost every game he has played. Has Sissoko’s role changed to give Aurier more protection? Is it the fact that we have a marauding left back means others sides no longer target him as much? His personal tragedy last year means he is training and focussing at 100% all of the time to make the most of his talents? The fact that his place is now under threat?

Unbelievable transformation

Arguably man of the match in almost every game he has played. Has Sissoko’s role changed to give Aurier more protection? Is it the fact that we have a marauding left back means others sides no longer target him as much? His personal tragedy last year means he is training and focussing at 100% all of the time to make the most of his talents? The fact that his place is now under threat?

He was actually pretty good last year under jose too imo. Just now he's starting to shrugg off his reputation and cut out more mistakes.

He was pretty much our main attacking outlet last year and whilst he is decent on the ball, he is nowhere near the level required to be the main outlet for a top 4 side. The change in attacking tactics have allowed him to focus on being a fullback

He was pretty much our main attacking outlet last year and whilst he is decent on the ball, he is nowhere near the level required to be the main outlet for a top 4 side. The change in attacking tactics have allowed him to focus on being a fullback

We've ditched that horrible wonky system which means there's more balance to be found for him throughout 90mins. Still gets forward and joins the attack plenty but thankfully not relied upon to be so key creatively.

Not gonna pretend the brain-farts never existed, but he's otherwise always been a pretty good defender.

Back
Top Bottom