Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still needs Sissoko to give extra cover when Aurier goes into attack

But adding Hojbjerg has stabilised midfield and made all those around him look better as both defence and midfield are all under less pressure.

Adding Doherty has given him competition and Aurier's reacted in the right way, almost unrecognisable from the player last season, particularly under Poch. Still early days for Doherty to get back back to the form he was in at Wolves, but just his effect on Aurier has been immense and also given us 2 experienced RB's to cover that position.

Still needs Sissoko to give extra cover when Aurier goes into attack

But adding Hojbjerg has stabilised midfield and made all those around him look better as both defence and midfield are all under less pressure.

Adding Doherty has given him competition and Aurier's reacted in the right way, almost unrecognisable from the player last season, particularly under Poch. Still early days for Doherty to get back back to the form he was in at Wolves, but just his effect on Aurier has been immense and also given us 2 experienced RB's to cover that position.
I love you as a poster my friend and I hope you don't take this personally but that is utter bollocks.

Notice most of that is in the first half - they pretty much gave up going down our right hand side when they realised they had no answer to Aurier.

Must be one of the hardest full backs to play against in this league - so strong and rarely loses a duel. Brilliant performance.

I laugh at the "Needs Sissoko to hold his hand" bollocks that gets spouted on here - especially when in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. Doherty has played, he's had Sissoko.... that's right.... holding his hand. Just like Trippier did before Aurier.

It's how Sissoko is utilised. Regardless of our full back.

I love you as a poster my friend and I hope you don't take this personally but that is utter bollocks.

So how do you explain Aurier's change in performance from last season (and feel free tp look back throughout the thread at the many people who wanted him gone last season) to this season where, particularly in the last few games he's looked better and better and much more like the PSG we thought we bought than his brother that turned up and played at Spurs until the last few months ?

So how do you explain Aurier's change in performance from last season (and feel free tp look back throughout the thread at the many people who wanted him gone last season) to this season where, particularly in the last few games he's looked better and better and much more like the PSG we thought we bought than his brother that turned up and played at Spurs until the last few months ?

We're actually winning games, meaning less blame on him, Ndombele and *insert other scapegoat here* ?

Would have played Doherty today, but Serge had yet another fine match. Loving the fact ŵe have two strong players for almost every position now.

Back
Top Bottom