Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Liverpool vs Burnley: Liverpool delivered 30 crosses into Burnley’s box from open play and just two found a team-mate. Trent Alexander-Arnold had 18 of them — not one picked out a Liverpool player.

:harrysmile:

Liverpool vs Burnley: Liverpool delivered 30 crosses into Burnley’s box from open play and just two found a team-mate. Trent Alexander-Arnold had 18 of them — not one picked out a Liverpool player.

:harrysmile:

Imagine if someone told us Aurier would be better than TAA this season.

Great times.

Imagine if someone told us Aurier would be better than TAA this season.

Great times.
I did last season.............

tenor.gif

Well, to be precise I didn't say he was "better". Last season the stats were the same too!! In open play, Aurier has a higher success rate on his delivery (Doherty too, last season)! TAA's numbers are great but they achieved via mostly from set-pieces (corners FK's).

He's a really good player, it's a bit like saying who's the better supermodel 'x' or 'y' they are both supermodels! He also benefits from the system LFC play I feel, but as LFC's attack has blunted this season attention is now focussing on his negatives, which have always been there but media ignore as LFC just kept winning.

But the overall (defending + attacking contribution) I'd have Aurier all day long as TAA is a weak defender, again this is somewhat dictated to how LFC deploy him pushed up high so inevitable oppo target the space behind but having watched him defend for a couple of seasons now, he's not impressed (Robertson is also pushed but also has a better balance to his game in defence ergo I think Robertson is the better of the two).

The whole first goal was a shambles.

Davies playing Mane onside. Aurier losing Mane. Rodon isn't paying attention to Mane. Dier is ALWAYS looking at Firmino yet lets him get behind and Lloris probably should be doing better.

But he wasn't the worst defender in that first half and him being subbed off was odd when Doherty was having one of the worst games I've seen from a Spurs full back in a while.

The whole first goal was a shambles.

Davies playing Mane onside. Aurier losing Mane. Rodon isn't paying attention to Mane. Dier is ALWAYS looking at Firmino yet lets him get behind and Lloris probably should be doing better.

But he wasn't the worst defender in that first half and him being subbed off was odd when Doherty was having one of the worst games I've seen from a Spurs full back in a while.

Doherty was meh with the ball in the first half, but he supported Davies, and pretty much silenced TAA. Nothing building on their right flank.

So in term of defending, he overall he was the worst. Not the biggest culprit for the chances or even the goal though.

Our right side was a mess in first half. It arguably got worse in second half though, but it got more with the shift in tactic with less protection for the our left side as well as from the middle with Winks adding to the panic.

Back
Top Bottom