Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get that but surely Winks knows that however hard he fights for his place he’ll never be good enough for us so why not go to a half decent club like Everton and try and rebuild his career instead of stealing a wage from us!
He wouldn't get in the Everton team, they'll rapidly figure out he's fucking useless and the scallies will be a lot less kind to little Winksy than his boyhood club.

He's not dumb he knows sitting tight here and picking up his wedge is the safest, easiest way to get paid. This little turkey isn't voting for Xmas anytime soon.

We're fucking stuck with him until we cancel his contract or let him go on a free where he can end up on the bench at Watford or Norwich for the latter part of his career.

He wouldn't get in the Everton team, they'll rapidly figure out he's fucking useless and the scallies will be a lot less kind to little Winksy than his boyhood club.

He's not dumb he knows sitting tight here and picking up his wedge is the safest, easiest way to get paid. This little turkey isn't voting for Xmas anytime soon.

We're fucking stuck with him until we cancel his contract or let him go on a free where he can end up on the bench at Watford or Norwich for the latter part of his career.
spot on

That is very true. Over here he will always have a small cult like following that will keep praising him for 1pass or 1 tackle every 10 games. Somewhere else his rubbish performances wouldnt go unpunished. For him its better to hide out here and collect his wages.

Genuinely think he is great, the most skillful fullback I can remember us having but he does lose his head quite abit

His Dortmund debut with the dummy I'll always remember, as I will the good few goals he scored for us

Big respect for playing days after his brother was taken away

Wish him the best

If rumours are to believed, he rejected Lille due to his connections with Lens. Lille and Lens are rivals.

So going off that, I’d say he wouldn’t sign for the scum.
That's a very bold statement.

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article11081759.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/Serge-Aurier-in-an-Woolwich-shirt.jpg

aurier.png

When does this clown’s contract end?

Serge Aurier: Tottenham terminate defender's contract by mutual consent​

Serge Aurier's deal was set to run out at the end of the season; the right-back's four-year spell at Spurs comes to an end with the player becoming a free agent and able to join another club beyond the transfer window deadline.
Tuesday 31 August 2021 23:09, UK

Getty: Serge Aurier

Image:Serge Aurier four-year spell at Tottenham has come to an end as he is released from his contract

For all his brainfarts, will always remember him for the fact that he played for us 2 days after his brother passed away. That matters way more than his pictures in a Woolwich shirt. Hope he finds a good club in the future, who get the best out of him and won't mind dreadful decisions every once in a while. To be fair, if I had to choose one, I'd rather get rid of Doherty than Aurier, simply because Aurier has had good games for us while Doherty had been shite throughout the time here, however that's not to say that Serge didn't need to go...

Goodbye Serge, you crazy, penalty-gifting, occasional screamer-banging nutcase.

You were wildly inconsistent, sometimes a liability but would sometimes have a worldie.

Au Revoir.

Two words: due diligence. Much of it in the public domain - you could find out for yourself if you had access to Google.

That said I agree with the poster who said ultimately it was his footballing ability rather than attitude that was the problem.
Football ability (i.e. actual performance) and attitude go together, you can't separate them - a player's football ability will naturally suffer if a player's attitude sucks. Ben Arfa and Mario Balotelli are 2 prime examples of that. And you may add Ndombele and Aurier to that list. In other words: football ability is very much affected by attitude.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom