The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...
After our pay out he probably doesn't need to play again.What I meant is that I believe he could struggle to find a club.
He wanted to return to PSG, so that tells us pretty clearly that he doesn't realize what a car crash he is.
We can't rip up contracts and piss on them just because a player was shit. The important thing is that Aurier is FUCKING GONE and that's very positive for Spurs.After our pay out he probably doesn't need to play again.
The car crash is our sales policy
Wanker. Does anyone know how long Aurier had left on his contract / what we could have reasonably sold him for this transfer window if he hadn’t screwed us over?
Why is it “murky behaviour”?
If the player wants to hold a club to an agreed contract - that’s their right.
Just like when a club wants to hold a player (Kane) who wants to leave to an agreed contract… or is not that “murky behaviour”?
What don't you understand?
The way it went as I understand it
- Aurier came out publicly and said that he wants to move on; meaning he was not committed to club and squad
- Nuno took note that player wants to leave and did not include him in his plans and games anymore
- Club and agents started to work to find him a new club and based on the available information managed to find number of decent clubs that would be interested
- Aurier rejected all of those, believing something that no one else believed- that he could and should play on higher level
- As his expectations were unrealistic, no move materialized and even though he was contracted for 1 more year, he still wanted out meaning we lost him for nothing, despite buying him for significant fee
Biggest question to me comes from first two steps.
Was it that he said that he wants to move and not to play for Spurs anymore or did he just say he would prefer to move on?
Did Nuno take a stance and said that if he is not committed, he wouldn't play or did the initiative come from himself?
Guess we will never know fully.
But his previous antics and rejecting decent clubs in a dream of PSG / other glory club does put shadow of doubt on him for me.
I had the feeling this "See you soon *wink*" meant that he wanted to play for Woolwich.
And if that is the case, then for pretty much first time ever I hope that he will run into very mad and strong fan in some dark alley in North London...
Why? He is and always has been an Woolwich fan.Mental gymnastics by some for basically doing a Sol. Amazing.
If he ends up at Woolwich, he's a bigger cunt than I ever thought he was and that was already quite a substantial level of cunt.
Maybe as White needs to play in back 3 they'll need extra wingbacks? If you play SA up the pitch and well away from your goal he can be decent. Got a very good cross off both feet.Why would Arteta want him? They've just signed a decent right back?