Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don’t be beastly Ahab. I’m not sure you understand what ‘politically correct’ means. What’s political about it? Don’t you mean lazily stereotypical? Why think of your own words when someone else’s will do?
Nailed it. Lazily stereotypical is what I've been on about. I don't think it's malicious.

Also, who is that in your avatar? I recognise him but can't pin him down in my head and it's annoying me.

I'be found reading this fascinating. Genuinely interesting. The crux being no one (on here) who uses the word beast (a) means it anything but a positive context and (b) doesn't think it devalues players or their race whatever it may be.

Good discussion. You wouldn't get this on bluemoon

I think the laziness stems from people taking a legalistic approach to speech and criticising the WORDS and not MEANING. Meaning is difficult to prosecute where as the words is much easier. So many idiots wanting to make being rude, racist, sexist, transist or whateverist punishable by law, simply because they don't agree and feel threatened by anyone who doesn't agree with the (generally liberal left) echo chamber.

I dislike the use of most of these isms as well but I don't want to see people punished by law for speech unless it's clearly threatening harm.

As usual, common sense makes way for legal bullshit.

It's just a bit humourous that after being slated as a homophobe before even pulling on the short, Aurier is now being defended against the ghastly slur of being called a beast. 75% of the poor guy's thread is about people calling other people mean words. Just rename this the Insensitive Language thread, move it to off topic, and let's have a do over with Serge.

DMQgFfnWsAEe-eI.jpg

I think he's being unfairly targeted for the penalty. He had to challenge. Kroos was 4 yards out and about to be clear. He commenced the slide BEFORE Kroos lost control of the ball so that's an unfair criticism they blamed on him. He wasn't to know and it isn't expected that a player of Kroos' quality would lose control.

If he hadn't had challenged and Kroos scored he'd have been butchered. How many times you see pundits say ''do something''. A bit like when Walker pushed Sterling last year.

Anyway, he had Marcelo in his pocket and Ronaldo barely went near him after their last combat.

He was very good tonight.

He loves a slide tackle a bit too much. Nevertheless I find it quite not to love this lad. He has pretty much everything on his locker as a world class modern fullback.
I like a player who is willing to take risks to do his job. Lets also not forget that he has only been with us a short amount of time. Poch will get him to play smarter as time goes on when it comes to his tackles.

I said in the OMT but probably belongs in here. It's a shame that opposing fans and pundits will decide to focus on things like the red card against West Ham and the penalty decision instead of his actual performance. Fuck them anyway.

He was excellent yesterday. So confident on the ball. Calm in defending, especially when closed down in his own corner. Kept arguably the best left back in the world quiet for 90 minutes as well as causing him problems. His aggression in the press high up the pitch was brilliant, aided by his relationship with Sissoko who did an equally great job of covering.

I really hope he starts against Liverpool. We have West Ham in the cup soon, there's Trippiers game.

Was our motm for me last night. I know Hugo pulled off some worldies but aurier was immense.

At times they were trying to overload that side with one or two extra players and time and again him and sissoko saw them off. Plus some of his play under pressure and driving runs up the pitch helped us to get forward. He is a bit nuts and has rash decisions in him but he is genuinely an upgrade from walker.

Back
Top Bottom