Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't make excuses for stupidity...especially when we've seen it more than once before from him.

He's always diving in recklessly or pulling people's shirts and doing other stupid fucking things on the pitch...and worst of all he still does these things when he's already booked, which makes it even more fucking stupid.

The fouls were close together yes, but that's kind of the point too...bookings are supposed to make you wise up a bit, to this fucking dundernut, it's like a red rag to a bull.

The amount of people that were crying for this clown ahead of Trippier hurts my fucking head tbh.

If he was any good on the ball it would help, but he's not, his final ball and touch is customarily unreliable, which is an adjective that defines this cunt.
Fair enough. I’ve not seen it back but I thought the ball did go out and Bertram was looking for it and did the job. I’m not arguing he’s better / worse than anyone else. I just don’t think it was fair to send him off today

What I would say about the second yellow is that, if that's a yellow, S'oton should have received a fair few more than they did throughout the game.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. He did not warrant a sending off today. The ball was out and there was no foul.
You have chosen to attack our player instead of support him. Fuck off you stupid cunt.
Well said! Graham Scott made the Spurs fans be booing at half-time even though they were winning. He was anti-Spurs as was the lino who failed to see the ball widely out to favour Soton.

The ref is following Mike Dean's hidden agenda to HARM Tottenham at every juncture - Scott was talking to Soton players for repeated fouls rather than book them, buit Aurier did not even foul redman for the sending off.

What annoys me are the "fake" fans on here who do not support the team they 'claim' to follow. The players are getting crappy refereeing every game and people like "The Mercurial" are either phoney fans (gooners pretending to support Spurs) or complete idiots who do not watch the match andf observe what these cheats are doing to stop Tottenham.

Still think he's our best RB and adds to our game.

Plus, was a bit daft, but I thought the second yellow was harsh.
Agreed. Bertrand knew he was on a yellow, ran across him and dived to the floor. Serge has a reputation, and as soon as the ref saw it was him, he went straight for the pocket. It is what it is. Also thought his reaction afterwards was telling, he was absolutely distraught.

I wouldn't be as harsh on him as some on here, and I hope Poch isn't either. He should start on Tuesday.

Well said! Graham Scott made the Spurs fans be booing at half-time even though they were winning. He was anti-Spurs as was the lino who failed to see the ball widely out to favour Soton.

The ref is following Mike Dean's hidden agenda to HARM Tottenham at every juncture - Scott was talking to Soton players for repeated fouls rather than book them, buit Aurier did not even foul redman for the sending off.

What annoys me are the "fake" fans on here who do not support the team they 'claim' to follow. The players are getting crappy refereeing every game and people like "The Mercurial" are either phoney fans (gooners pretending to support Spurs) or complete idiots who do not watch the match andf observe what these cheats are doing to stop Tottenham.
Thankfully, we unite against these enemy cunts

He was already booked, he's a stupid fucker and it doesnt make anyone less of a fan for saying it.

The first foul was fucking stupid and unnecessary as well, their fella was going nowhere on the touchline, dives in and scissors him.

And it wasn't just that he committed a second foul knowing he was on a yellow, he also let their bloke run offf him, which is why he ended up committing a stupid fucking foul.

Amazing how Trippier could get blamed for shit happening on the other side of the pitch, us not having a midfield or Alli fucking the ball way 50 yards up the pitch, but Aurier can fuck about like stupid cunt almost every game but still have fans.

I think it was a little silly but he was unlucky to get sent off. Foyth who seems quite talented also appears to make dumb decisions in tackles. Surely they can both learn from these repeated errors and become better players.

Referees tend to not dish out second yellows very easily. This ref was so excited to give that second yellow. Referees also tend to even things out when they do something that affects the game like a red. But this ref ....allowed similar and worse things from southampton. Fucking strange.

Not that Aurier helped himself there at all.

We have plenty of players who can cover - and none of those give away penalties
Juan-Foyth-tottenham-world-player.png

The first booking was his fault, jumping in like that, but the second was harsh...but the player put himself in that position with the first idiotic booking.

Thought the ref was keen to show the second in retaliation for the first goal VAR celebration.....!

It wasn’t a second yellow. First one, no question about it. Second one? It was a joke imo. I think the ref was in 2 minds whether to send him off for the first one (straight red) & couldn’t wait to pull the second one for the most minor infringement. If he’d not got a second yellow for that, he was a dead man walking anyway because the ref would have found something on which to give him his marching orders. I feel quite sorry for Serge here.

It wasn’t a second yellow. First one, no question about it. Second one? It was a joke imo. I think the ref was in 2 minds whether to send him off for the first one (straight red) & couldn’t wait to pull the second one for the most minor infringement. If he’d not got a second yellow for that, he was a dead man walking anyway because the ref would have found something on which to give him his marching orders. I feel quite sorry for Serge here.

As you say, first yellow was borderline red, so arguably lucky to only get a yellow.

That should have been a warning to him.

But no, he ignores the warning, and 3 minutes later commits a second offence - and pulling a guy back by his shorts is a yellow 9 times out of 10, so its not just 'unlucky'.

The thing that made the red card certain was that the 2nd offence was so soon after the first. If the 2nd offence had been in 2nd half, who knows. But 3 minutes between 2 offences is just asking for trouble.

I think it just illustrates that Aurier is not a particularly intelligent footballer - despite his age and experience - and is prone to stupidity on a regular basis (3 penalties in his first season from sliding tackles in the box) which will cost whichever club he plays for as he just doesn't learn.

I feel sorry for Spurs not Aurier.

Back
Top Bottom