Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not sure about Serge being "pretty gash" at PSG. He did well in 15/16, then he fell out with Blanc (incidentally, a manager that PSG sacked before Serge was sold to Spurs and is currently not managing anywhere) as Meunier (a player about to leave PSG) was brought in and did well. Along the way Serge called Blanc a "pussy" online and had a run-in with a racist Parisien police officer.

mF4iX7p.png

lUPKUVT.png

As you can see, he played just over half the available minutes in both those seasons.

The reason he fell out with Blanc was because he was not always getting picked, especially for the bigger games, or always at RB.

My point was, the point I responded to was someone saying he'd done well before us. He looked promising at Toulouse and got his big move to PSG, where he never really managed to nail down the first team place as his own, this despite the other options being pretty meh. This gave him the hump and ended up with him making a video calling Blanc a "faggot who sucks Ibra dick".

I don't hate Aurier, when he was at Toulouse I mooted him as a possible replacement for Walker, he reminds me a lot of Walker, good athlete, decent engine, he's probably a little bit better than Walker when he gets forward, and a bit worse at defending, but neither player is very smart and both do stupid things at times because of this. Unfortunately he's never cit this from his game.

When he cuts out the stupid stuff, he can be a pretty OK option, and the fact that we've got so many major issues all our team that need addressing, doesn't make him an urgent priority compared to say DM, LB, LCB, AM/FWD but the trouble is those fuck ups just keep coming, so we do need to be looking for someone a bit smarter soonish.

As you can see, he played just over half the available minutes in both those seasons.

The reason he fell out with Blanc was because he was not always getting picked, especially for the bigger games, or always at RB.

My point was, the point I responded to was someone saying he'd done well before us. He looked promising at Toulouse and got his big move to PSG, where he never really managed to nail down the first team place as his own, this despite the other options being pretty meh. This gave him the hump and ended up with him making a video calling Blanc a "faggot who sucks Ibra dick".

I don't hate Aurier, when he was at Toulouse I mooted him as a possible replacement for Walker, he reminds me a lot of Walker, good athlete, decent engine, he's probably a little bit better than Walker when he gets forward, and a bit worse at defending, but neither player is very smart and both do stupid things at times because of this. Unfortunately he's never cit this from his game.

When he cuts out the stupid stuff, he can be a pretty OK option, and the fact that we've got so many major issues all our team that need addressing, doesn't make him an urgent priority compared to say DM, LB, LCB, AM/FWD but the trouble is those fuck ups just keep coming, so we do need to be looking for someone a bit smarter soonish.

I'm sure it was the first time in history that a 23 year-old slagged off his boss whilst chatting shit with friends.

The other option, Meunier, has been on the periphery of being a top 10 RB in the world for the past couple seasons. He's off to Dortmund, which could reasonably be argued is not a downgrade.

Serge has 2 years remaining on his contract. There's been rumblings in the press about contract extension talks, but if he leaves Spurs in the next 2 seasons, it will be a lateral move/marginal upgrade to a club like Milan or (back to) PSG.

Last edited:
Serge has 2 years remaining on his contract. There's been rumblings in the press about contract extension talks, but if he leaves Spurs in the next 2 seasons, it will be a lateral move/marginal upgrade to a club like Milan or (back to) PSG.
There is no way in hell hes going back to PSG other than to wear a clown mascot suit

Seems so, but the seemingly perpetually pedaled notion that he’s “excellent going forward and has great power and pace” is just woefully incorrect IMHO, unless I’ve been watching a different player last few years....
I would argue these are the weakest parts of his game.

To be fair I do think when he goes forward he gets into great positions at times but what is the point when 9 times out of 10 your final ball/cross goes straight to the opposition or out of play. As for his defending he is an accident waiting to happen

AURIER CROSSES/PASSES INTO THE BOX vs WEST HAM 23.06.20:

13'
: Low, cutback PASS from the end line to the six-yard box. CB clears out at near post. CORNER KICK. (RETAINS POSSESSION)

31’: CROSS from the touchline, 18 yards from the end line to Kane, who heads over the bar from the center of the six-yard box. ***SHOT OFF TARGET*** GOAL KICK. (LOSS OF POSSESSION) .

50’: Low, deflected CROSS from edge of the penalty box, six-yards out to Kane at near post, who redirects on goal. ***SHOT ON TARGET*** GK SAVE deflects out off of Kane. GOAL KICK. (LOSS OF POSSESSION).

63’: CROSS from the end line to the six-yard box. CB heads out from center of six-yard box. CORNER KICK. (RETAINS POSSESSION). ***GOAL SCORED from Resulting CORNER KICK***

74’: Miss-hit half-volley/CROSS from the edge of the penalty box, to the six-yard box. GK collects. (LOSS OF POSSESSION)

95': Low CROSS from the edge of the penalty box, 10 yards out, to the center of the six-yard box, which Kane misses by inches. Out for opponents' THROW-IN in by corner flag. ***BIG CHANCE CREATED*** (LOSS OF POSSESSION)

6 Total CROSS/PASS Into the Box
2 Total SHOTS from CROSS/PASS
1 SHOT ON TARGET from CROSS/PASS
2 Corner Kicks earned
1 GOAL resulting from an earned Corner Kick
1 BIG CHANCE CREATED
1 SAVE
forced

Last edited:
He was really poor today.

The second goal where he slowly jogged behind as his mark cut through our box and assisted for goal #2 was an all-time Aurier lowlight for me.

If Levy and Mou can't see that this is a glaring problem for us, I don't really know what to say other than we expect too much by expecting anything good to come of it.

Back
Top Bottom