Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not my opinion.

I watched the games. Doherty has conceded 2 penalties. A penalty is an error. When has an Aurier mistake lead to a goal this season?

The fact you'd even bring up Aurier misplacing a pass (What footballer had 100% pass completion today by the way?) which lead to a shot off target shows there is some kind of agenda there.

Which no one on this forum wants to hear when we've just beaten Man City 2-0.
Exact same points you made about Dier. I don't have an agenda.
Aurier played well today but I prefer Doc.
He makes less mistakes.

People are so picky, over a couple of stray passes. I wish they would concentrate on the good stuff.
:pochrolleyes:

That's agenda for you Mrs P.

Don't worry about the amount of times Reguilon gave the ball away in needless areas. Let's just focus on the ones from Aurier instead. Because he gave a penalty away a year ago.

You'd be hard to find a player in our team that hasn't made a fuck up this season. Kane. Son. Hojbjerg. Alderweireld. Dier. Reguilon. You name it.

But how on earth anyone has watched Tottenham this season and thought Doherty is more reliable than Aurier is beyond me. Madness.
everyone makes mistakes from time to time of course, but aurier is notorious for it year in year out and that will never change. doherty has made us look far more solid imo and hes a far better natural footballer than aurier too which makes us better in attack when hes playing.

everyone makes mistakes from time to time of course, but aurier is notorious for it year in year out and that will never change. doherty has made us look far more solid imo and hes a far better natural footballer than aurier too which makes us better in attack when hes playing.

What Spurs games should I be watching to confirm this viewpoint?

What makes you think Doherty makes us look far more solid? And what makes you honestly believe he's a better footballer?

I don't think Doherty has a game like Aurier's tonight in his locker at all, personally. Especially after the likes of Matt Ritchie bullied him this season.

At least Aurier has decent competition now anyway at least.

Our two toughest games of the season so far have been today and utd away. Serge is in the argument for motm in both imo. He is turning into a big game player
I think the competition is doing him some good, and he is probably in a better state physically since he doesn’t need to play every game.

Our two toughest games of the season so far have been today and utd away. Serge is in the argument for motm in both imo. He is turning into a big game player

Don't forget Chelsea in the cup too, where he was brilliant.

A Chelsea who have only lost once all season in all competitions (in 90 mins) and that was against the champions Liverpool.

What makes you think Doherty makes us look far more solid? And what makes you honestly believe he's a better footballer?

I don't think Doherty has a game like Aurier's tonight in his locker at all, personally. Especially after the likes of Matt Ritchie bullied him this season.

At least Aurier has decent competition now anyway at least.
haha wtf? dont think doherty has a game like auriers tonight? jesus christ he had a decent game 7/10. hardly set the world on fire. still gave away silly freekicks in dangerous areas and gave unforced errors but ok...

right side doesnt look as suspect when defending when doherty is there imo, doherty has more quality on the ball than aurier. you arent waiting for him to fuck up with the ball like you do with aurier.

haha wtf? dont think doherty has a game like auriers tonight? jesus christ he had a decent game 7/10. hardly set the world on fire. still gave away silly freekicks in dangerous areas and gave unforced errors but ok...

right side doesnt look as suspect when defending when doherty is there imo, doherty has more quality on the ball than aurier. you arent waiting for him to fuck up with the ball like you do with aurier.

Seriously? I've seen him (Doherty) get skanked numerous times this season, almost every time he's played, his defending has been really ropey, and he's not got Aurier's speed or stamina to get up and down either.

Absolutely not. I've seen Matt Ritchie, Richarlison and Solly March all give Matt Doherty a hard time this season. I don't think Aurier was even troubled once today. Just basing it off the level of opposition Doherty has been up against, I'd hazard a guess that Torres would probably have destroyed him.

Doherty gives away silly free kicks in dangerous areas every game too. He's a wing back failing pretty miserably at playing in a flat back four so far this season. I find myself watching Doherty every time he plays and thinking, what is it that he actually excels at?

Seriously? I've seen him (Doherty) get skanked numerous times this season, almost every time he's played, his defending has been really ropey, and he's not got Aurier's speed or stamina to get up and down either.
we will come back here in a few weeks time...

aurier been the same for years, punching well above his weight being at this club theres a reason psg got rid. yea hes done well today and well against united....can probably count his good games on one hand since hes been at spurs

we will come back here in a few weeks time...

aurier been the same for years, punching well above his weight being at this club theres a reason psg got rid. yea hes done well today and well against united....can probably count his good games on one hand since hes been at spurs

Sadly, a double handed amputee could probably count Dohertys good games in a Spurs shirt.

Absolutely not. I've seen Matt Ritchie, Richarlison and Solly March all give Matt Doherty a hard time this season. I don't think Aurier was even troubled once today. Just basing it off the level of opposition Doherty has been up against, I'd hazard a guess that Torres would probably have destroyed him.

Doherty gives away silly free kicks in dangerous areas every game too. He's a wing back failing pretty miserably at playing in a flat back four so far this season. I find myself watching Doherty every time he plays and thinking, what is it that he actually excels at?
what does aurier excel at? im not some big doherty fan like you are of aurier, hes just a better right back imo. aurier has been a liability for years youre never confident with him in the side, hes had a couple good games recently, well done to him. today he was the weakest link and thats probably where you want your weakest link, rather than being in the middle of the pitch with an input on how the game actually goes.

what does aurier excel at? im not some big doherty fan like you are of aurier, hes just a better right back imo. aurier has been a liability for years youre never confident with him in the side, hes had a couple good games recently, well done to him. today he was the weakest link and thats probably where you want your weakest link, rather than being in the middle of the pitch with an input on how the game actually goes.

He's faster.
He's stronger.
He's a better athlete.
He's better defensively.

He was the weak link today? In what case?

We've just seen one of the best Spurs defensive performances in years and you're digging a player out because of previous years.

Get a grip. You're boring

He's faster.
He's stronger.
He's a better athlete.
He's better defensively.

He was the weak link today? In what case?

We've just seen one of the best Spurs defensive performances in years and you're digging a player out because of previous years.

Get a grip. You're boring
hes the weak link in the fact hes the weakest player in the side... every team has a weak link.

youre boring talking nonsense about how great aurier is...never heard so much waffle in my life.

lets see how he does over the next 5-6 games. well come back to this then. hopefully im singing his praises too

Back
Top Bottom