Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...or he just didn't want to go so he could get an extra pay off.

Also this...

108d9a1516cc981f0beb52125ec54854.jpg
Remember Matt Doherty's tweet that "He loves Woolwich forever and ever and ever"

He’s calling him “Matt”. Must have a personal investment in him.

Doherty has reached all of Aurier’s lows with none of his highs.
I have decent investment in Doherty, I'm from Ireland and I'd like to see him do well. He has some positive abilities but he's a defensive liability at RB against speed and trickery.

I just realised Ben Davies is still at the club. Funny that he never gets mentioned as someone who fans hate and want out but also he is never mentioned in any team selections. He is in no man's land, a kind of Spursy purgatory
He’s a solid squad player that’s why. Bang average but allows you to be tactically flexible and he doesn’t make colossal screw ups. He’s still got something to offer. Defensive LB, left of a back 3, he’s still fine.

In comparison. Doherty is one dimensional and awful if you ask him to do anything outside of that. Aurier we know about how haphazard he was.

Gentle Ben is Ronseal.

All credit to Pochettino for his good work (he did a really good job as a manager).... but he certainly is very poor at judging players' character - as he signed 2 players with an attitude that sucks and both were expensive players.
Clubs DO have information about a certain player's "mental attitude" and it was really poor judgment by Pochettino - and the scouts - not to spot those character traits in both Aurier and Ndombele.
Aurier played decent enough last season to be able to get a new club at a decent price but he prefers to sit out his contract. Most probably "well-advised" by his agents.
At least Nuno has shown he does not tolerate the non-sense of Aurier and Ndombele.
Two words: due diligence. Much of it in the public domain - you could find out for yourself if you had access to Google.

That said I agree with the poster who said ultimately it was his footballing ability rather than attitude that was the problem.

He publicly came out and said he wanted to leave Spurs- which would essentially make it difficult for any manager to put him in the team.
However he and his agent then refused all the offers that came in, to enrich themselves and rip off Spurs.
Which is what Ndombelly is doing?

Respect to him to accept termination of contract rather than take a salary for 12 months like Rose did last year. He was better than Doherty but with 12 months remaining on contract and with his replacement in situ, he was the obvious one to go.
No respect at all

Nightmare signing but we were warned

Back
Top Bottom