Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If he goes through with this it’s actually worse than Sol IMO, just obviously stings a lot less cause he’s shit.
Sorry mate. I don’t agree. Judas infinitely worse because he was so loved here and could actually play football.

As far as I’m concerned, Serge can join the scum. They deserve each other, and that ain’t a compliment.

I don’t get it, He wanted to leave so we tried to find him a new home. A few clubs interested such as Watford, Real Betis, etc but he rejects them as he thinks he should be playing at a higher level.

and now the rumours are that he wants to join Woolwich. Does that mean he accepts the fact he won’t play at a high level again? How once the mighty have fallen

cliff GIF

I don’t get it, He wanted to leave so we tried to find him a new home. A few clubs interested such as Watford, Real Betis, etc but he rejects them as he thinks he should be playing at a higher level.

and now the rumours are that he wants to join Woolwich. Does that mean he accepts the fact he won’t play at a high level again? How once the mighty have fallen

cliff GIF
He'll fit in very well at Woolwich.

giphy.gif

Complete waste of money. No other way I can look at his time with us. Added next to nothing..

I don't see 1 good game in 4 as being anywhere near acceptable.

No loss to us whatsoever.
Detrimental to the club if anything, aside from his own calamitous contribution his presence completely killed off KWP's potential career here.

Will never understand why we decided to blow £24m on this guy when we could've just gone with Trippier and KWP for the season.

I'd wager it was solely done to appear to be replacing Walker, and avoid being labelled cheap.

Detrimental to the club if anything, aside from his own calamitous contribution his presence completely killed off KWP's potential career here.

Will never understand why we decided to blow £24m on this guy when we could've just gone with Trippier and KWP for the season.

I'd wager it was solely done to appear to be replacing Walker, and avoid being labelled cheap.

Hahaha..... Imagine the riots if we'd have sold Walker and replaced him with no-one.

- Poch chose Serge > Perera.
- Poch cold shouldered Trippier out of the squad the following year.
- Poch refused to loan KWP and then made him 3rd choice behind Serge & Foyth.... We ended up playing Sanchez at RB in a NLD..... Arguably rendering him KWP 4th choice

.......Then Jose chose Doherty and binned KWP off to S'ton.

It's taken 4 years+ of fuck ups to get to where we are now.

Let's all pray to Buddha that Emerson thrives. 🙏

Maybe.

It didn't work that's for sure.

Hahaha..... Imagine the riots if we'd have sold Walker and replaced him with no-one.

- Poch chose Serge > Perera.
- Poch cold shouldered Trippier out of the squad the following year.
- Poch refused to loan KWP and then made him 3rd choice behind Serge & Foyth.... We ended up playing Sanchez at RB in a NLD..... Arguably rendering him KWP 4th choice

.......Then Jose chose Doherty and binned KWP off to S'ton.

It's taken 4 years+ of fuck ups to get to where we are now.

Let's all pray to Buddha that Emerson thrives. 🙏
I know, but it just goes to show that shiny new expensive things aren't always all that.

I know it's easy with hindsight but we'd have been no worse off just utilising KWP and the £24m could have been spent elsewhere, so possibly even much better off.

I know, but it just goes to show that shiny new expensive things aren't always all that.

I know it's easy with hindsight but we'd have been no worse off just utilising KWP and the £24m could have been spent elsewhere, so possibly even much better off.

Summer 17 - Walker sold.
17/18 - Trippier + KWP (20 yo)
18/19 - Terrible season from Trippier.... KWP ready to step up? Do we reach CL final?
Summer 19 - Trippier sold. KWP + Foyth?

Sliding doors innit.......

Trippier was seriously poor in his last seasons to be fair.

It was only in his last season he was really poor to be fair and he admitted that he'd spent most of it playing with an injury.
It's really frustrating to me that we kept playing him despite the injury and poor performances as we should have dropped him and focused on getting him fit.
I think he was a better fit for us and a better player than Aurier so I wasn't happy when he was sold.

Back
Top Bottom