Sergei Rebrov

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't rember the exact site as I looked him up a couple of years ago but seemed a legitimate source of stats - and also seemed to explain why he seemed to tired to play even one game a week at Spurs so I accepted the info

92/93 - 23 league 8 cup games
93/94 - 10 league 3 cup games
94/95 - 24 league 13 cup games
95/96 - 31 league 7 cup games
96/97 - 30 league 5 cup games
97/98 - 29 league 19 cup games
98/99 - 22 league 19 cup games
99/00 - 20 league 20 cup games

Cup = domestic and Europe combined

92/93 - 23 league 8 cup games
93/94 - 10 league 3 cup games
94/95 - 24 league 13 cup games
95/96 - 31 league 7 cup games
96/97 - 30 league 5 cup games
97/98 - 29 league 19 cup games
98/99 - 22 league 19 cup games
99/00 - 20 league 20 cup games

Cup = domestic and Europe combined

Thanks for the correction.

I know he was a fairly slightly built man, but I'm now at a loss to understand why he generally looked tired and unassertive playing for Spurs, and generally poor value as a striker vs the player he had been in Ukraine. Think it goes way beyond the PL being a better league. I thought I had found the answer in the stats I found -but if they are incorrect, the question is why was he so ineffective ?

TBH, I was about 19 when he came to Spurs and, having fallen in love with football around 14 years of age (late starter) I had fallen out of love with it a bit then. Spurs weren't on TV that much in those days and I didn't have anywhere near enough money (or Spurs friends) to go to games with. Therefor, I actually hardly ever saw him play for us.

9 goals in 29 league games in his first season 12 in 36 in all is a 1 in 3 strike rate, which tbh, isn't terrible. It isn't brilliant, but it's not terrible.
Perhaps Hoddle found him to be a racist little shit behind the scenes and decided he shouldn't be at Spurs.

Sergei Rebrov nuts are we
Me and you and him and me
He'll show you what he can do
In the famous Tottenham White and Blue
Score a goal and we'll sing,
for White Hart Lanes Ukranian King
All you gooner can fuck off
We've got Sergei Rebrov....

Amazed that never took off...............

He was so tight / enjoyed communicating by radio he erected a massive old school radio antenna to communicate with others in his garden in Vicarage Lane, Chigwell.

Odd

First proper away game I did was 2001 to Maine Road. Think it was February and we hadn't won away all season.
Rebrov pops up last minute and we win 1-0.
Great memory from a tough era.

He was shite. Crap for us but somehow a lot worse for West Ham. He wasn't without talent but just wasn't cut out for our football, especially back then, and wasn't good enough to adapt quickly.

No thanks.

Ukraine international Rebrov, who failed to make an impact in his three years at the club, sparked a racism row by warning new Spurs striker Roman Pavlyuchenko to avoid walking in the area near the ground.

Rebrov told Russian magazine Football Weekly: "A lot of dark-skinned people live there. So naturally the crime rate is higher than anywhere else.

"It is not nice to be a robbery victim. So I suggest that Roman doesn't walk but drives around that area."

He was my 'utterly shit but can't help but love him player' I was 9 when he signed and even asked my old man for a shirt with his name on the back. Pretty sure I've still got it somewhere. Must be worth a fortune now.

Just kidding.

He was my 'utterly shit but can't help but love him player' I was 9 when he signed and even asked my old man for a shirt with his name on the back. Pretty sure I've still got it somewhere. Must be worth a fortune now.

Just kidding.

You'd probably get a packet of Hob Nobs and half a Curly-Wurly for it.

Thanks for the correction.

I know he was a fairly slightly built man, but I'm now at a loss to understand why he generally looked tired and unassertive playing for Spurs, and generally poor value as a striker vs the player he had been in Ukraine. Think it goes way beyond the PL being a better league. I thought I had found the answer in the stats I found -but if they are incorrect, the question is why was he so ineffective ?

Don't think it was a correction, rather the article poorly conveyed that Rebrov nd Shevchenko were rested on all/most games before CL games, giving them an athletic advantage/façade.

He was mustard with Shevchenko at Dynamo. I remember people were generally very excited by his signing, we paid decent money for him back then as well. Shame it never worked out.

Back
Top Bottom