Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All part of a cycle. We may have better options in 2 years. RM may have better options in 2 years. It may suit all sides to ditch the clause after 2 years.
live for the here and now. Tomorrow may never come. Fuck it. Hope the lad tears it up. Looks a total baller.
2 years is still 2 years. Why not have a good player for 2 years.

All part of a cycle. We may have better options in 2 years. RM may have better options in 2 years. It may suit all sides to ditch the clause after 2 years.
live for the here and now. Tomorrow may never come. Fuck it. Hope the lad tears it up. Looks a total baller.

Reguilon is a complete fullback — a great attacker and solid defender. He was a mainstay in the Sevilla defense that allowed only 34 goals in La Liga, which was the third best defensive record in the league [Barca conceded 38 goals, for reference], and won the Europa League.

Sevilla played in a 4-3-3 throughout 19/20 and Reguilon played LB, he is by no means a pure wingback. Looking at his individual statistics, In La Liga, he averaged 2.0 tackles p90 — the 7th best average of La Liga LBs, 1.1 interceptions p90, ranking him 9th for La Liga LBs, and 2 successful aerial duels p90, the 6th best in La Liga for LBs (at over a 50% aerial duel success rate).

This is all while providing an average of 1.5 key passes p90, the highest average for La Liga LBs, 1.8 dribbles p90, the second best average for La Liga LBs (at over a 70% dribble success rate), and 2 goals (joint-best LB output) and 4 assists (joint 2nd best La Liga LB output).

Safe to say if we get Reguilon over the line we will have a fantastic player on hands, both going forward and in defense.

---

Copied and pasted off some cunt on a shitty forum

So Utd spend £150mil plus on their back line and their best defender is Reguilion?

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Mood What GIF by NBC

I'm glad we've upgraded on Davies. Doesn't mean I'm going to hate on him though. I think it's fair to see than Ben has been an excellent servant for the club, and deserves our respect (in the same way that Dawson gave everything for the club).

It's just that we've moved on and now we need better.

Looking at our potential schedule this season, we'll still need him in any case so he's still got a big role to play. But I expect ole regs to be first choice.

No point in worrying whether he'll go back to Madrid or not. Just enjoy his talent whilst he's here whether that's for one season, two seasons or 10.

Can't do anything about it so no point worrying. You just suffer twice!

Back
Top Bottom