Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last post on this guy was 23 May. WTF happened to him? Came in and looked exciting - one of the hot young players in Europe the season before we signed him... committed, got on well with the rest of the team - then got injured, got dropped, now looks like hes off - whats gone wrong?

Last post on this guy was 23 May. WTF happened to him? Came in and looked exciting - one of the hot young players in Europe the season before we signed him... committed, got on well with the rest of the team - then got injured, got dropped, now looks like hes off - whats gone wrong?
I just get the impression he doesn't take it seriously. Not something Conte likes.
Talented player but he has cost us a few goals and points.

Headless chicken. Don't really see the football brain there. No real technique.

More of a speed merchant. That's why he catches the eye at first glance but usually ends up disappoints

I had hope he'd be great in the Conte system given his pace - delivery could do with some work but he's always been a threat going forward which you need in this WB system. Bit of a shame it hasnt worked out

Headless chicken. Don't really see the football brain there. No real technique.

More of a speed merchant. That's why he catches the eye at first glance but usually ends up disappoints
Spot on.

When he received plaudits at first I really couldn't see why even then. He was all over, much like a certain Lo Celso, but poorer than him in ball control and passing.
At least he gets into interesting positions, but then the problem is that he cannot cross very well and is absolutely terrible at finishing.
Add to that he has no presence in the air and can't outmuscle opposing wingers.

He hasn't regressed much, it's just the shiny veneer has come off.

He’s just not very good, he plays like he’s on the playground. Running around, steaming into tackles, falling over, slicing at the ball wildly, missing headers, etc. He‘s 25 years old but plays like he’s a 16 year old getting 5 minutes in a cup match. Conte has never liked this type of player, you can never trust them to do the basics properly.

I dont disagree with anything anyone has said here, im just a little disappointed that with a world class coach like Conte who managed to turn Victor Moses and Ashley Young into title winning full backs that a young talent like Reguilon couldnt also be moulded. Maybe he doesnt want to be, which could be why hes leaving - and if so, fair enough... if he doesnt want to get with the plan then we cash in

I dont disagree with anything anyone has said here, im just a little disappointed that with a world class coach like Conte who managed to turn Victor Moses and Ashley Young into title winning full backs that a young talent like Reguilon couldnt also be moulded. Maybe he doesnt want to be, which could be why hes leaving - and if so, fair enough... if he doesnt want to get with the plan then we cash in
He's not that young and your being disrespectful to Moses and Young both of whom were always way better going forward than Reguilon. Oh and both were way tougher more physically robust and dominant than he is.

There's no need to be disappointed in Conte.....

If there raw components aren't there, he's not got a magic wand.

Full-back being asked to play Wingback. Didn't adapt fast enough maybe? Emerson in same boat just a year less with us.

Im not disappointed in Conte, im just disappointed it hasnt worked out for the player in his system. Thats all. Pitchforks away, please.

People say Reggie hasn’t really regressed but I think he lost a little bit of pace and that’s all it really took to take him from dangerous but flawed to average and flawed. I still think he’s shown far more than Sess but sess has the homegrown thing going for him so I get it.

I admire his enthusiasm and the fact he was always the first to leap off the bench if we scored, cheering us on. Gollini was the same to be fair.

Playing wise, he started ok then faded somewhat. Last season he was unimpressive. He's probably been told he's now fourth place behind Peresic, Sess and Doc and can't be guaranteed game time, so it's mutually beneficial that he moves on. Same with Winks. Not fundamentally bad, just not quite good enough and more suitable elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom