Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bit of an overreaction, although I've noticed you are prone to a bit of hyperbole in your short time on here so far

I'd say my limited posts on here are largely positive. I'd also argue it's a fair question given José 'tactical genius' Mourinho's performance at the club to date. He literally confirmed last year when Davies was injured that he was a key part of his jigsaw
Rather that than your 'oh look my glass is still half empty' attitude. the article you quote says that it was talking to Jose about the role he has in mind for him that persuaded the lad to join. You are suggesting that
"José completely negates his attacking strengths" .
The only question your post asks is "What's the odds ?" on your gloomy prediction coming true. My answer is a million to one against.

I would also agree that your postings in here are usually positive, so what the fuck brought about such a negative prophecy ??

Rather that than your 'oh look my glass is still half empty' attitude. the article you quote says that it was talking to Jose about the role he has in mind for him that persuaded the lad to join. You are suggesting that
"José completely negates his attacking strengths" .
The only question your post asks is "What's the odds ?" on your gloomy prediction coming true. My answer is a million to one against.

I would also agree that your postings in here are usually positive, so what the fuck brought about such a negative prophecy ??

Hardly a prophecy, more a question based on the available facts

José is a risk averse coach and in 10 months here we haven't seen any deviation from a tactical plan where the LB doesn't cross the halfway line

Think it's a fair consideration that he could use a player incorrectly - just look at the tactical clusterfuck at the weekend

I'm very excited by the unexpected transfer activity this evening, and hope the gaffer is going to show some more flexibility and bring something else to the table than what we've seen so far. But I wouldn't be Spurs if I didn't consider the potential for a downside!

José is a risk averse coach and in 10 months here we haven't seen any deviation from a tactical plan where the LB doesn't cross the halfway line

Think it's a fair consideration that he could use a player incorrectly - just look at the tactical clusterfuck at the weekend

I'm very excited by the unexpected transfer activity this evening, and hope the gaffer is going to show some more flexibility and bring something else to the table than what we've seen so far. But I wouldn't be Spurs if I didn't consider the potential for a downside!
Fair comments
:dierpochhug:

I'm off to google the word Hyperbole

If this comes true it wouldn’t surprise me that we are ok with the by back clause. Keep him around for a year or two before Jose departs. We’ll have to worry about another sort of rebuild at that point anyways won’t we?

True but Davies can't cross a ball so why bother. Oh and he's slow to get back so better to start on the half way line !

Back
Top Bottom