Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Said this previously, but I don’t think we’ve got much to worry about with regards to the RM buy back.

I like the kid’s attitude, but he’s not the spunkbread that some seem to think.

I’d rather he was out there than Davies, because at least there’s the promise of some fucking intent to attack with a bit more gusto, but he’s a bit of a flibity gibit, he’s not the most composed cookie, especially his defending.

loooooooooooool hahahahhahah as I said you've completely embarrassed yourself on this thread. Move on to another one and try and destroy that one but on this one you lost.
Also, you brought up City’s defenders

Last time I checked, Reggie and Davies play with the same players around them.

There is nothing to spin that Reggie is a better defender than Ben Davies and out of about 15 defensive criteria, Davies was better in 90%.

Now, if it was in reverse oh how the stats would matter. Apparently if you watch games that means all of a sudden I will see Reguilon have a higher tackle success rate despite trailing Davies 45% to 62%.

How does this work? And despite the stats showing he’s lost more aerial duals, watching games will show him winning more? Hmmm ok.

Look mate it’s fine, you’ve all been wowed because he made 2 more crosses this season, and is better at it. (Didn’t work for Trippier though that excuse did it)

Two less accurate long balls than Davies though and two more assists.
So marginally better in attack, and worse as a defender.

But yeah “John Stones and Dier!!!!”

:adethumbup:

Said this previously, but I don’t think we’ve got much to worry about with regards to the RM buy back.

I’d rather he was out there than Davies, because at least there’s the promise of some fucking intent to attack with a bit more gusto, but he’s a bit of a flibity gibit, he’s not the most composed cookie, especially his defending.
Exactly.

He’s a bit better than Davies going forward, but an at best par defender and a far worse overall full back than Trippier who was deemed champo

Last edited:
Also, you brought up City’s defenders

Last time I checked, Reggie and Davies play with the same players around them.

There is nothing to spin that Reggie is a better defender than Ben Davies and out of about 15 defensive criteria, Davies was better in 90%.

Now, if it was in reverse oh how the stats would matter. Apparently if you watch games that means all of a sudden I will see Reguilon have a higher tackle success rate despite trailing Davies 45% to 62%.

How does this work? And despite the stats showing he’s lost more aerial duals, watching games will show him winning more? Hmmm ok.

Look mate it’s fine, you’ve all been wowed because he made 2 more crosses this season, and is better at it. (Didn’t work for Trippier though that excuse did it)

Two less accurate long balls than Davies though and two more assists.
So marginally better in attack, and worse as a defender.

But yeah “John Stones and Dier!!!!”

:adethumbup:
you stated Dier has been better than Stones and Dias this season hahaha. You can never redeem yourself after that and I will be sure to bring it up at every opportunity.

Sammy the gift that keeps on giving.

you stated Dier has been better than Stones and Dias this season hahaha. You can never redeem yourself after that and I will be sure to bring it up at every opportunity.

Sammy the gift that keeps on giving.
Hmmmm I see you’ve played your “take jokes as serious comments” get out of jail card.

Dier is shit.

So, back to Reggie and the evidence that doesn’t back him as a good defender then....

No comments there? Thought not

Reguilon is so bad defensively that he won a £500 ham from Mourinho for stopping Mahrez but Davies is so great defensively that Sterling gave him a head start and still breezed past him easily.
Davies isn’t great at all. He’s shit. That’s my point though because I expect a superior defender to have better defensive stats that Davies

Couldn’t give a fuck if Reguilon has made two more crosses

I do think there is a lack of bandwidth with the guy-in all aspects of his play. But he does have his positive points, yes.

I do think there is a lack of bandwidth with the guy-in all aspects of his play. But he does have his positive points, yes.
I'd also say though that people are forgetting this is his first season in the Premier league.
It takes time for players to adapt and so far he's done it quite well. He can only get better.

I'd also say though that people are forgetting this is his first season in the Premier league.
It takes time for players to adapt and so far he's done it quite well. He can only get better.
On a purely technical level, I find it hard to believe that this guy is Spanish. Forget about his defending for a moment. I am talking about things like his touch and the weight of his passes. I think he is a player who struggles enormously to play with his head up, so it is difficult for him to pick a pass. These are things I saw in him at Sevilla.

On the plus side, he has fantastic recovery pace, no shortage of enthusiasm, and puts in some wonderful crosses.

Hmmmm I see you’ve played your “take jokes as serious comments” get out of jail card.

Dier is shit.

So, back to Reggie and the evidence that doesn’t back him as a good defender then....

No comments there? Thought not
no mate

you answered that because you were backed into a corner regarding stats and the importance of them.

you then realised how idiotic you sounded and thought about it more coming up with the 'stats only matters when comparing players from the same team' argument.

It wasn't a 'joke' like you are now claiming and literally everyone can see it.

Last edited:
no mate

you answered that because you were backed into a corner regarding stats and the importance of them.

you then realised how idiotic you sounded and thought about it more coming up with the 'stats only matters when comparing players from the same team' argument.

It wasn't a 'joke' like you are now claiming and literally everyone cam see it.
Sooooo still no comments on Reguilon having worse defensive stats than Dier in 90% of the criteria on the PLs website

Davies isn’t great at all. He’s shit. That’s my point though because I expect a superior defender to have better defensive stats that Davies

Couldn’t give a fuck if Reguilon has made two more crosses
Sure cos stats tell the whole story.

Does your stats also differentiate between when Davies is playing as LCB, LB and LWB? Does it tell us when bother player are on the pitch with Reguilon as LWB and Davies as LCB?

Does your stats tell the difference between the teams and/or players he is defending against including the form the opposition is in?

Also tell me which stat would show how easily Sterling breezed past Davies as if he wasn't there?

Reguilon is a much better LB than Davies, and anyone that thinks otherwise should stick to watching Badminton.

Sure cos stats tell the whole story.

Does your stats also differentiate between when Davies is playing as LCB, LB and LWB? Does it tell us when bother player are on the pitch with Reguilon as LWB and Davies as LCB?

Does your stats tell the difference between the teams and/or players he is defending against including the form the opposition is in?

Also tell me which stat would show how easily Sterling breezed past Davies as if he wasn't there?

Reguilon is a much better LB than Davies, and anyone that thinks otherwise should stick to watching Badminton.
You do understand that positioning on the pitch doesn’t determine the percentage of successful tackles you make.

You do realise that none of the above stops Reguilon failing in more than half the tackles he attempts being shit right?

You keep banging on about Sterling? Yes. Sterling is good. Davies is shit.
So Sterling roasted him.

Reguilon is still worse in the tackle than Davies though, by a whole 17%. That’s shocking.

You must have been stunned by those PL site stats, you haven’t stopped trying to deny them. If Reggie had 80% tackling and Davies 20%, you’d post it right?

Stats don’t tell the whole story.....I saw the whole story the other day, when Reggie was lying flat on his back as the ball entered our goal.
He had a fucking mare, and isn’t much better attacking

You do understand that positioning on the pitch doesn’t determine the percentage of successful tackles you make.

You do realise that none of the above stops Reguilon failing in more than half the tackles he attempts being shit right?

You keep banging on about Sterling? Yes. Sterling is good. Davies is shit.
So Sterling roasted him.

Reguilon is still worse in the tackle than Davies though, by a whole 17%. That’s shocking.

You must have been stunned by those PL site stats, you haven’t stopped trying to deny them. If Reggie had 80% tackling and Davies 20%, you’d post it right?

Stats don’t tell the whole story.....I saw the whole story the other day, when Reggie was lying flat on his back as the ball entered our goal.
He had a fucking mare, and isn’t much better attacking
I don't need stats to justify that Reguilon is better than Davies cos I have seen both players and the difference is not even comparable.

Reguilon was bundled over not beaten. Some refs would have given the foul. If that had been Davies, he wouldn't even be in the same zip code talk less of being bundled over.

Has Davies shut down any winger this season? Has he had a quality performance at all? It is easier to pad your stats when you are facing weaker opposition or when the stat is taken out of context.

Davies is crap and when Ryan comes back next season, hopefully, will be the last we will see of him on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom