Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He’s a bit all over the place sometimes in games. Looks like a guy who goes out with very little instruction on what’s really expected of him or what his role is.

Without question he has all the tools to be an absolutely fantastic full back (don’t get me wrong, he’s already very good) and a top coach would make him the best in the league.

I would have loved to have seen what Pochettino would have done with him.

Story that he swore at the ref when he got the yellow card yesterday. However as he did it in Spanish and the ref did not understand it, he got away with it. However refs in future may be looking for it and he should cut it out. Stupid to risk a red card

I don't need stats to justify that Reguilon is better than Davies cos I have seen both players and the difference is not even comparable.

Reguilon was bundled over not beaten. Some refs would have given the foul. If that had been Davies, he wouldn't even be in the same zip code talk less of being bundled over.

Has Davies shut down any winger this season? Has he had a quality performance at all? It is easier to pad your stats when you are facing weaker opposition or when the stat is taken out of context.

Davies is crap and when Ryan comes back next season, hopefully, will be the last we will see of him on the pitch.
Reggie is fast and can cross so everyone is all “ooooooohh amazing player”

He’s really not though is he.
Don’t you find it weird that we have Kane, Son, Ndombele and Reggie all supposedly top draw every game and none of them combined stop us looking shit

Reggie is fast and can cross so everyone is all “ooooooohh amazing player”

He’s really not though is he.
Don’t you find it weird that we have Kane, Son, Ndombele and Reggie all supposedly top draw every game and none of them combined stop us looking shit
cos we have major weaknesses in other positions.

But guess that answer does not suit your agenda

I actually agree with El Magnifico on this one- I think Reguilon is much better than Davies at helping us win games. Davies is a better defender when we are looking to defend. If I were a team as big as Spurs, with an expectation to win, I'd much rather take the player capable of helping us win.

Reguilon's runs down the wing are not easily quantified statistically but are so important to the quality of our attacking play.

The obvious counter-argument is of course "a goal prevented is as good as a goal scored", which I understand and agree with, as long as you are scoring at least one goal a game. We're not even capable of doing that right now though.

Err on the side of offense I say.

He’s a bit all over the place sometimes in games. Looks like a guy who goes out with very little instruction on what’s really expected of him or what his role is.

Without question he has all the tools to be an absolutely fantastic full back (don’t get me wrong, he’s already very good) and a top coach would make him the best in the league.

I would have loved to have seen what Pochettino would have done with him.
Put him at LW and made Sonny a LB?

If we can keep him, we keep him. With a new manager, preferably Potter, he would be Solly March x3. Solly has had an amazing year under Potter and I can already see Sergio challenging Robertson as the most dangerous LB in the league. But under Jose, he is held back from showing his true offensive prowess.

cos we have major weaknesses in other positions.

But guess that answer does not suit your agenda
OTHER POSITIONS YES.

How does that make Reggie not very good on HIS position though.

How does that make Son be shit?

How come Bale stood out?
How come Tanganga can look good?

Do you lot actually believe that Kane misses because Moura isn’t a great player?
Where was Ndombele?

You ACTUALLY believe that Dier needs to help Ndombele to play well?

You think we have FOUR top class players, then BETWEEN those four should we not see an ounce of class despite the fact that Sanchez, 80 meters away, is shit?

How come they were good in the autumn despite having the SAME squad?

Think a little. It’s not hard.....we are shit because our best players form nosedived as it does every season at some point.
They are not world class.

Last edited:
Cos 4 top players aren’t good enough.
Not good enough for what?
What they can’t even look good as individuals? You genuinely believe that, despite the fact they’ve already done it pre Christmas?

Our average players haven’t gotten worse, they are playing the same, and in Lamela and Mouras cases, better.
Tanganga is also better than Aurier and Docherty, so RB improved recently.

You don’t see a correlation between Kane and Son playing shit, and the team suffering?

You think Davies being Davies (poor) should have more impact than Ndombele being poor?

OTHER POSITIONS YES.

How does that make Reggie not very good on HIS position though.

How does that make Son be shit?

How come Bale stood out?
How come Tanganga can look good?

Do you lot actually believe that Kane misses because Moura isn’t a great player?
Where was Ndombele?

You ACTUALLY believe that Dier needs to help Ndombele to play well?

You think we have FOUR top class players, then BETWEEN those four should we not see an ounce of class despite the fact that Sanchez, 80 meters away, is shit?

How come they were good in the autumn despite having the SAME squad?

Think a little. It’s not hard.....we are shit because our best players form nosedived as it does every season at some point.
They are not world class.
Reggie is very good in his position, Son has his dips in form but he is very good and ore often than not, Kane is the best CF in the game, and Ndombele is being played out of position and so not as good as he would be further up the field.

Bale is a golfer who gets to exert himself whenever suits him, which is usually against weaker opposition. So yes he can look good on occassion. Call me when he is consistently good against quality opposition. There is a reason he is on loan from madrid and its not cos he missed the london weather.

I dont know about Tanganga looking good, maybe you have lower expeecttions than I do.

When you have dead weights on the team, it puts additional burdens on the quality players. Player perform better when they are surrounded by other quality players, and look worse when they have to carry additional baggage.

But that may be too involved thinking for someone with a simplistic view of the game like yours. You think of every player and part of the field in isolation and dont see how the failure in attack can affect the performance of the defence or a poor defence affect the attack. To you, Liverpool's problems stems from their attack as they are struggling to score, but everyone else knows that the root of the problem is their injury decimated CBs

Reggie is very good in his position, Son has his dips in form but he is very good and ore often than not, Kane is the best CF in the game, and Ndombele is being played out of position and so not as good as he would be further up the field.

Bale is a golfer who gets to exert himself whenever suits him, which is usually against weaker opposition. So yes he can look good on occassion. Call me when he is consistently good against quality opposition. There is a reason he is on loan from madrid and its not cos he missed the london weather.

I dont know about Tanganga looking good, maybe you have lower expeecttions than I do.

When you have dead weights on the team, it puts additional burdens on the quality players. Player perform better when they are surrounded by other quality players, and look worse when they have to carry additional baggage.

But that may be too involved thinking for someone with a simplistic view of the game like yours. You think of every player and part of the field in isolation and dont see how the failure in attack can affect the performance of the defence or a poor defence affect the attack. To you, Liverpool's problems stems from their attack as they are struggling to score, but everyone else knows that the root of the problem is their injury decimated CBs
Football is simple it gets complicated when people use the theory “he’s my favoritist player in the whole world and I love him, so when he misses a sitter, it’s because the chairman bought a champo LB and the manager played the Champo LB”

Football is simple it gets complicated when people use the theory “he’s my favoritist player in the whole world and I love him, so when he misses a sitter, it’s because the chairman bought a champo LB and the manager played the Champo LB”
Aaaah, how we've missed that. The old "arguing against an argument that no one has argued" routine.

Welcome back dark nemesis, it's been a while.

images

If its so simple why dont you go and try out for a team even if in the lower levels and show them how simple the game is

Football is simple only if you are playing five-a-side pickup with your friends in the elementary school yard.

If its so simple why dont you go and try out for a team even if in the lower levels and show them how simple the game is

Football is simple only if you are playing five-a-side pickup with your friends in the elementary school yard.
Hmmmm I’m not a professional footballer or manager

You see the idea is to kick a ball to the people in the same t shirt as you, preferably forwards and into a goal.

The other team try and stop you.

It can be very difficult, but that doesn’t mean the game isn’t a simple one.
Harry Kane in a one on one has one job.

Whether he has Charlie Adam or Iniesta behind him is irrelevant.

I’m not talking about him missing chances he didn’t get. Because that would be stupid, and trying to overcomplicate the fact that Harry just doesn’t have a very good shot conversion 17% (Calvert Lewin has 25% for reference) and is extremely slow and can’t out run most defenders.

You think that’s Ben Davies fault.

Not good enough for what?
What they can’t even look good as individuals? You genuinely believe that, despite the fact they’ve already done it pre Christmas?

Our average players haven’t gotten worse, they are playing the same, and in Lamela and Mouras cases, better.
Tanganga is also better than Aurier and Docherty, so RB improved recently.

You don’t see a correlation between Kane and Son playing shit, and the team suffering?

You think Davies being Davies (poor) should have more impact than Ndombele being poor?
On average so far this season, Kane Ndombele Son Reguilon have been better than the other players.

That doesn't mean they've been the best players in every single match. Think rationally.

On average so far this season, Kane Ndombele Son Reguilon have been better than the other players.

That doesn't mean they've been the best players in every single match. Think rationally.
They’ve been as shit or worse than everyone else since Christmas.
The mantra is that is due to the poor squad (who are also top 4 quality if the debate is about Jose)

My rationale says that the squad hasn’t changed since the autumn when Kane and Son were called the best forwards in Europe and everyone was wanking over Kane’s all round game now and his assists.

Sooooo.
What changed? The Champo players around them in October became even more Champo or....?

Back
Top Bottom