Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I vividly remember the excitement from the fans after this guys first season, what on earth has happened to Sergio Reguilon? I can’t remember the last time he beat a man or put in a good cross.

Are you talking about Davies or Reguilon? because I can't tell the difference
Davies at LCB is a lot more useful than Reguilon at LWB. The 3 centrebacks didn’t play amazing today but we’re probably our best performers (slim pickings today).

I remember being worried that Real would snap him back up, lol. Has his moments but he’s generally so average.

The 3 cbs were poor with Romero being tge worst.
Yeah they were shit, but every player was shit. I thought they were less shit than out midfielders who were completely dominated, our wing backs that can’t attack, and our attack that didn’t do anything.

Gold suggests that Reg could leave this summer:

The situation with Sergio Reguilon is similar to that of Emerson in that he also is more of a full-back than a wing-back and is yet to fully show the ability to step into a role he admits he has little experience of.

The 25-year-old at least has two goals and three assists to his name this season and he could yet adapt to the wing-back requirements. However, it does feel like Conte prefers Ryan Sessegnon in the role and his plentiful praise for the younger player suggests he sees a long-term star in the making.

Real Madrid have their second and final option to re-sign Reguilon this summer for a fee of what is believed to be near £43million
, although that price could be a steep one for a player who has mostly been out of the Spain squad in the past season.

He's a country fucking mile better than Sessegnon.
Which is a poor reflection on how bad Sessegnon is. he was appalling against Brentford and has been appalling way more often than good.

I worry we'll start Sess and Royal again on Sunday.

Being better than a glorified youth player who has been injured for the best part of 3 years isn’t saying much.

Reguilon is the definition of unstable and I’m sure Conte is not impressed with him. He has no composure and no intelligence. He just charges around like a child. We are trying to compete with teams that have Robertson, Cancelo and Chilwell in his position and the comparison is embarrassing for him. He’s 25 but plays like a 10 year old.

Being better than a glorified youth player who has been injured for the best part of 3 years isn’t saying much.

Reguilon is the definition of unstable and I’m sure Conte is not impressed with him. He has no composure and no intelligence. He just charges around like a child. We are trying to compete with teams that have Robertson, Cancelo and Chilwell in his position and the comparison is embarrassing for him. He’s 25 but plays like a 10 year old.
That is a very interesting post.
I don't think he is a very bad player I think he just doesn't take it all seriously.
I think GLC has the same frame of mind.

Back
Top Bottom