Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just shows that having fullbacks on top of their game can change a team from dull to dashing. We were lethal today and a lot of that lethality came from left and right back.

United have left themselves with a tub of lard as left back because they had a tizzy over a buy back clause that will likely never be activated. Shockingly run club. And a massive bonus for us. Could become one of the best left backs in the league.
buy back after the season ends a Marcello goes?

Can’t remember exactly when but at some point in the first half he tracked back to break up a counter with lighting speed. Saw him dart in from the bottom of my screen. The man has pace!

buy back after the season ends a Marcello goes?
Marcelo is under contract till July 2020, same time when Reguilon buy back expires IIRC. I don't think anyone would touch Marcelo so Reguilon should stay with us until then at least.

Many things can happen in few year time. Reguilon may not want to return just to be a back up. Real Madrid needs his agreement to exercise the buy back clause. They can't just do it alone. Knowing Real Madrid politic, Zidane may prefer different player when it's Marcelo time to go; or Real Madrid doesn't have fund after spending on their new expensive toys. Who knows?

Last edited:
Very happy with him so far. Very confident, which is half the battle sometimes.

It really is.

Contrast thst to a much quieter and less sure Sessegnon. Personally I hope the move to Hoffenheim builds the guy's belief because there is a player there.

We need the confidence that borders on arrogance and Reguillon seems to have both.

Good solid start.

Last edited:
Regulion was decent yesterday but let’s get him a chance to succeed before heaping such massive accolades on him.

And I must say I’m getting really bored of the snipping of Davies. He is an outstanding back up to have who has been called on countless times in the past and done a job for us. He has also been like us this season - poor against Everton but excellent recently.

Marcelo is under contract till July 2020, same time when Reguilon buy back expires IIRC. I don't think anyone would touch Marcelo so Reguilon should stay with us until then at least.

Many things can happen in few year time. Reguilon may not want to return just to be a back up. Real Madrid needs his agreement to exercise the buy back clause. They can't just do it alone. Knowing Real Madrid politic, Zidane may prefer different player when it's Marcelo time to go; or Real Madrid doesn't have fund after spending on their new expensive toys. Who knows?
Presumably typo in your post re Marcelo contract expiring in July 2020.

The stuff I've read suggests Real have a buy back clause for the first 2 years of Regui's contract, so until June 2022.

It seems Zidane has backed his senior players, Psycho Ramos who had a training ground spat with Regui, and Marcelo, plus his French boy Mendy at LB. In truth, Regui seems quite spiky too, so if he loves life at Spurs with Mourinho and our squad, he probably won't want to go back to Madrid whilst Zidane is in charge.

If Zidane gets sacked during that 2 year buy back window, then I'd say all bets are off with regard to what Regui decides to do.

My sense is that Levy agreed to the deal because Regui is a very good player, and if Madrid want him back then we make £10 million plus guaranteed profit. In addition it gives Sessegnon and Cirkin a season or two to develop and improve.

But ultimately I'm sure we all want Regui to stay long term.

Real wont be buying him back as long as ZZ stays in charge if all the reports are to be believed. Certainly good news for us.

Presumably typo in your post re Marcelo contract expiring in July 2020.

The stuff I've read suggests Real have a buy back clause for the first 2 years of Regui's contract, so until June 2022.

It seems Zidane has backed his senior players, Psycho Ramos who had a training ground spat with Regui, and Marcelo, plus his French boy Mendy at LB. In truth, Regui seems quite spiky too, so if he loves life at Spurs with Mourinho and our squad, he probably won't want to go back to Madrid whilst Zidane is in charge.

If Zidane gets sacked during that 2 year buy back window, then I'd say all bets are off with regard to what Regui decides to do.

My sense is that Levy agreed to the deal because Regui is a very good player, and if Madrid want him back then we make £10 million plus guaranteed profit. In addition it gives Sessegnon and Cirkin a season or two to develop and improve.

But ultimately I'm sure we all want Regui to stay long term.

The buy back terms are for a 15m profit to Spurs - just to clarify RM can only buy-back Reguilon if he decides he wants to go there and if he agrees terms with them, whilst these may already have been agreed in principle that will not matter if the player refuses to re-sign, at the end of the day players are not slaves.

It's a possible legal nightmare, buy back clauses are pretty self evidently a restriction of trade, it's partly why they are so little used in the UK.

If Spurs are doing well and Reguilon is part of that let's hope he wouldn't want to leave.

Back
Top Bottom