Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Madrid are being linked with David Alaba this morn,

only 28, good news for us if true, they have Mendy and an aging Marcelo too.

We have been making excuses for a couple of years now for all new players that they need a good pre season with us and time to settle etc but this guy has hit the ground running and should be an example to them all. Step up to the premier league- no problem. Well impressed.

We have been making excuses for a couple of years now for all new players that they need a good pre season with us and time to settle etc but this guy has hit the ground running and should be an example to them all. Step up to the premier league- no problem. Well impressed.
Who agreed with this is stupid all players are different and all situations are different dis bale hit the ground running, did locelso hit the ground running, did ndoembele hit the ground running, did dembele hit the ground running. Yes I have been impressed that he has had such a fast impact but every player is different.

Who agreed with this is stupid all players are different and all situations are different dis bale hit the ground running, did locelso hit the ground running, did ndoembele hit the ground running, did dembele hit the ground running. Yes I have been impressed that he has had such a fast impact but every player is different.
Nah there's something to be said for signing guys who can hit the ground running, agree that it's not a stick to beat those who don't. Love Ndombele and Lo Celso but some players are more suited to slotting straight into a starting XI. Reguilon's physicality and ability make him uniquely suited to adjust and we should bring in players like that more often.

Who agreed with this is stupid all players are different and all situations are different dis bale hit the ground running, did locelso hit the ground running
I think he just hit the ground full stop. He did his hip in in an Argentina game back at the start of last season. Once he was fit he was dynamite and I suspect would have been had he not been injuried.

Nah there's something to be said for signing guys who can hit the ground running, agree that it's not a stick to beat those who don't. Love Ndombele and Lo Celso but some players are more suited to slotting straight into a starting XI. Reguilon's physicality and ability make him uniquely suited to adjust and we should bring in players like that more often.
To be fair a fullback/wingback is probably the easiest position to adapt to, that and goalkeeper.
That job is fairly simple and quite similar regardless of league and environment

I think overall he's doing really well, but he has moments where he doesn't read the game well defensively and gets out of position.
When Brighton attacked on Sunday he came into the middle to pick up the runner there which left Lamptey with loads of space to score. I think he should have tracked Lamptey's run instead and left the middle guys for the CBs to cover.
He's looking great going forward though and he seems to have settled in really well. He runs his socks off too which is something I always love. I'll put up with a few minor errors providing the player in question is giving it their all.

To be fair a fullback/wingback is probably the easiest position to adapt to, that and goalkeeper.
That job is fairly simple and quite similar regardless of league and environment
I see you disagree with my post praising Reguilon. I was reading Doherty's thread and the last post stated he had not had a pre season and he needed longer to adapt. Rather than criticising that I came to this thread to praise a player in a similar position that has not had a pre season and has adapted quickly. I do not think the Fullback is an easy position to adapt to and Aurier took much longer to adapt.

I see you disagree with my post praising Reguilon. I was reading Doherty's thread and the last post stated he had not had a pre season and he needed longer to adapt. Rather than criticising that I came to this thread to praise a player in a similar position that has not had a pre season and has adapted quickly. I do not think the Fullback is an easy position to adapt to and Aurier took much longer to adapt.

In the case of Doherty, peeps are talking about him transitioning from being a WB to playing FB.

Context my man, no position is "easy" to adapt to but I'd rather come is as a full back than any other outfield position.

Reguilon is great btw. Easily the most talented and adaptable of the fullbacks we have.

Oh and I'm not a Doherty fan, I don't rate him playing in a back 4. Aurier is better in this current system IMO

Back
Top Bottom