Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Reguilon rested tonight - not even in the Spain squad.

Hope that's not a COVID proble.

He did have to come on in the first game (the friendly) quite early on, So I'd suspect it's a case of avoiding him playing all three games.

well :avbpray:

Mahrez in his pocket today. He’s made it clear what he can do going forward from minute 1, now showing himself to be the total package. Mourinho will be loving it.

all round great left back, he has everything needed to be good there. hes fearless too, loved that he wanted to have a race with walker even tho he had the ball hahaha.

Has settled in well and is looking like a very shrewd buy. Made a mistake early on today which almost let Mahrez in but after that he defended and got forward very well the whole game.

Last edited:
Think at times he probably underestimated how quick and strong Kyle Walker is. He tried taking him on a few times and lost out just due to Walkers size and power. But he also defended very well against him and especially Mahrez.

Can't wait to see him against James next weekend - which is likely to be yet another great battle.

I love how the defensive side of his game is as good as attacking. Made some amazing tackles. We have signed quite the player!
We have to make sure we lock him up long term. Whatever it takes. He's going to be great for years to come.

donald trump GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:
Mahrez in his pocket today. He’s made it clear what he can do going forward from minute 1, now showing himself to be the total package. Mourinho will be loving it.
Part of Pep's plan involves having his players match up 1v1 all over the park (overloads out wide), it's simple logic really when you have the best players.

Reggie won all his 1v1's with Mahrez, in addition to this he was also trying to dynamically start counters, which didn't come off but in other games they will (part of the acceptable trade-off with him).

Just like Aurier on the other side, the decision making of when to stand-up vs when to engage was perfect. Not many FB's will come away dominating Mahrez.

I bet Levy is going to try and get that buyback clause removed somehow. Maybe we can persuade Madrid to "buy him back" and then sell him back to us for the same amount.

We need to to everything we can to keep him.

It’s such a simple thing to my mind, but so often teams/players allow players to cut in on their favoured foot. I don’t think I saw Mahrez given the option to do that all game. He was consistently shepherded down the outside channel to safety. I noticed both Reggie and Dier do it excellently for the full 90.

Nice little comp:

Pleasantly surprised at how excellent he was defensively against City, usually his attacking > defending but this time I think it was more the other way around (probably because Mourinho would've drilled into everyone that their primary job was shutting them out).

Back
Top Bottom