Sergio Reguilón

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sure is Yoda, sure i
Sure is Yoda, sure is
Star Wars Dummy GIF by MOODMAN

About the ONLY upside of having the Dinosaur as your manager is his football is so terrible as it relies on his players not doing much on the ball, that it devalues players loads!

He's far, far from perfect but under the right coach, he could be very good for us!

Does anyone know if the buyback clause is limited to say 1yr after signing? Or does it carry over into all years of his contract?

About the ONLY upside of having the Dinosaur as your manager is his football is so terrible as it relies on his players not doing much on the ball, that it devalues players loads!

He's far, far from perfect but under the right coach, he could be very good for us!

Does anyone know if the buyback clause is limited to say 1yr after signing? Or does it carry over into all years of his contract?

I think it lasts 2 years, so have to get through next summer too.

He adds so much when we attack teams compared to Davies. It's night and day when both he and Aurier are primarily adding width and bodies vs Davies and Doherty.
Funny enough, both Reguilon and Aurier can be shocking liabilities when asked to defend.
But Davies was getting to a stage where he got beat more often than not and I don't really know what Doherty IS good at yet.
So let's cut Reggie and Serge a break. On paper we should go and have a right go in our last 4 games and the back 4 should not chance at all if all fit.

Love him going forward, but obviously playing high up impacts his defensive work (which is only so so in any case). Same for airier.
Only solution against better sides is play a back 3/5. But we can’t seem to make that work too well at the moment, but I am convinced it is the way forward unless we sign absolute world class CB’s.

I rather think Levy hopes RM will invoke the buy back clause.
He will do well against the lower teams but struggle against the better ones.
Dunno about him.

Poor today, but I think a symptom of the atmosphere around the team rather than individual ability. A lot of players need to go. I don't think he's one of them.

I still don't get why we don't play a 3-5-2

Son/Bale and Kane up front.

Regui and Aurier wing backs. Ndombele locelso and hojberg mids.

Davies Toby and Tanganga back 3.

It is right there for the taking.
Pretty sure that was the long term plan, but we don’t have the centre backs to do it. If this wasn’t the plan, whoever was involved in signing Reg and Doc needs strangled.

Poor today, but I think a symptom of the atmosphere around the team rather than individual ability. A lot of players need to go. I don't think he's one of them.

I don’t think he needs to go but it’s very clear that he’s never going to be a great defender. He’s always trying too hard, trying to force things, rushing around without thinking. It’s just the way he is. He charges around without really using his brain.

Great players never seem to be in a hurry and unfortunately Reguilon is one of those who always looks frazzled.

Another one who love a brainfart.

Seems to lack composure and runs around manically like a headless chicken.
Has got progressively worse through the season but perhaps with a decent coach he'll improve

Back
Top Bottom