Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could anyone do a better job of nursing Aurier?

He shouldn’t be in the team
Full stop

I mean I'd rather our managers stopped playing our right backs as wingers. Both he and Trippier have been instructed to do so and its coincided with us turning in our worst defensive records in recent years.

Like I said it was fine when Walker done it because we had a competent central midfield who knew what they were doing. Not a failed winger.

So you two know more than the three aforementioned managers then?

They’re all shite?

Wow

Having said that in the sequence you carefully choreographed he looked shocking but I’m sure if you could be arse you could do a similar sequence for any of our players in that game, Hugo and Harry excepted
It was a shitshow

We look to be back where we were at the Brighton game

If no money available in the next transfer window what then?

Can’t see Levy sacking Jose before next season and no way will José walk so a bleak future ahead

Why don’t you two offer your services?
Will your CVs stand up to scrutiny?

Blakey:

Better player than Sissoko
Better manager than Poch, Jose & Deschamps

The internet rulez!!!

I mean I'd rather our managers stopped playing our right backs as wingers. Both he and Trippier have been instructed to do so and its coincided with us turning in our worst defensive records in recent years.

Like I said it was fine when Walker done it because we had a competent central midfield who knew what they were doing. Not a failed winger.

Agree on that one so we need another attacking midfielder and restrict our FBs like Santini did
Not to cross the halfway line

Agree on that one so we need another attacking midfielder and restrict our FBs like Santini did
Not to cross the halfway line

Wouldn't say restrict. Full backs can be a useful weapon. Just need competent central midfielders and a structure that allows our full backs to flourish without being a hindrance.

Id be happy with full backs being signed in the summer that have good engines but are primarily good defenders over good attackers. So they can focus on defending but get up and down and occasionally cause problems.

Castagne who we are linked with seems to be that sort of player. Certainly not a world beater but a monster engine on him. And he plays in one of the most exciting attacking teams in Europe right now.

Wouldn't say restrict. Full backs can be a useful weapon. Just need competent central midfielders and a structure that allows our full backs to flourish without being a hindrance.

Id be happy with full backs being signed in the summer that have good engines but are primarily good defenders over good attackers. So they can focus on defending but get up and down and occasionally cause problems.

Castagne who we are linked with seems to be that sort of player. Certainly not a world beater but a monster engine on him. And he plays in one of the most exciting attacking teams in Europe right now.

Pricey?

So you two know more than the three aforementioned managers then?

They’re all shite?

Wow

Having said that in the sequence you carefully choreographed he looked shocking but I’m sure if you could be arse you could do a similar sequence for any of our players in that game, Hugo and Harry excepted
It was a shitshow

We look to be back where we were at the Brighton game

If no money available in the next transfer window what then?

Can’t see Levy sacking Jose before next season and no way will José walk so a bleak future ahead

Why don’t you two offer your services?
Will your CVs stand up to scrutiny?

Strange and Pretty lame thing to say. I didn't choreograph anything, I didn't direct Sissoko to do those shit things or edit them out of sequence. I and others have spoken about him doing this kind of lazy, stupid shit all season, this is just the irrefutable evidence of it. If you like I could post more. It's there most weeks.

Yesterday I thought you were pretty honest about him, and seemed to accept the reality. I was genuinely impressed that you had said what you said, baring in mind your previous stance re Sissoko. Today you seem to rowing back and digging yourself back into your Sissoko bunker.

You have negative opinions on players - Davies, Aurier etc - that mangers keep playing, are you saying you know better? We don't have to be football managers to have valid opinions. Just like we don't have to be politicians to have valid political opinions, or coffee bean farmers to have opinions about coffeee. You just need to be able to back up that opinion with something rational. So lets knock this on the head. It's a daft argument.

Strange and Pretty lame thing to say. I didn't choreograph anything, I didn't direct Sissoko to do those shit things or edit them out of sequence. I and others have spoken about him doing this kind of lazy, stupid shit all season, this is just the irrefutable evidence of it. If you like I could post more. It's there most weeks.

Yesterday I thought you were pretty honest about him, and seemed to accept the reality. I was genuinely impressed that you had said what you said, baring in mind your previous stance re Sissoko. Today you seem to rowing back and digging yourself back into your Sissoko bunker.

You have negative opinions on players - Davies, Aurier etc - that mangers keep playing, are you saying you know better? We don't have to be football managers to have valid opinions. Just like we don't have to be politicians to have valid political opinions, or cocoa farmers to have opinions about coffeee. You just need to be able to back up that opinion with something rational. So lets knock this on the head. It's a daft argument.

I’m not

I’ve accepted that he’s been poor
I’m just saying that so are many others but you seem obsessed with him
Not just me saying it

We need to have a large clear out and he would be one of them

Im not blind and get what seems to be happening
Not sure I can be arsed to get a stream for tonight game which is most unlike me

I’m not

I’ve accepted that he’s been poor
I’m just saying that so are many others but you seem obsessed with him
Not just me saying it

We need to have a large clear out and he would be one of them

Im not blind and get what seems to be happening
Not sure I can be arsed to get a stream for tonight game which is most unlike me

Tonight's game?

I very much have criticised most of our other players. Practically all of them. I think we've managed to turn ourselves into a really poor team of pretty meh-poor footballers from top to bottom. But IMO Sissoko is by far the worst of the bunch, technically one of the worst players I've seen at this level, and he's being used in the most pivotal part of the pitch and it's been killing us for a long time. If we just used him as what he is, a wide attacker, running at tired defenders late in games, it wouldn't be so bad. He's getting put into midfield because he's a fucking unit, but we might as well put an elephant there.

I know I'm no longer a minority voice on the topic of our midfield and the use of Sissoko in it thereof, many saw just how inept he was last night, but this is the sequence leading up to the second goal. It's horrendous, but more so when you think the only justification for picking him is supposedly his "defensive" work.

I think as it unfolds you can see for yourself what unfolds. You could say some of it is just utter stupidity, like the second phase where he doesn't even seem to be watching what's happening with Aurier/Stevens, but some of it is just plain fucking laziness.

1. You see him able into shot. He actually has a chance to cut out the initial pass but just watches it roll past him.

2. He then has a chance to deal with Osbourne and his run, but just gives his shirt a tug and then watches as he runs off him.

3. Worst bit, having ambled up watching Sanchez have to deal with Osbourne, he doesn't even try to help cover Aurier, he's seems absolutely fucking oblivious to Aurier/Stevens, if he'd just been arsed to look he'd be able to help out.

It's fucking horrendous.
Read on another board that Sissoko was hurt at the time. If you watched the clip with only stadium noise you can hear our bench telling Sissoko to go down to get treatment. He didn't and just let the guy run off him.

He was better off going down, at least then our players know we are 1 short and work harder to make up the difference.

Read on another board that Sissoko was hurt at the time. If you watched the clip with only stadium noise you can hear our bench telling Sissoko to go down to get treatment. He didn't and just let the guy run off him.

He was better off going down, at least then our players know we are 1 short and work harder to make up the difference.

Even so, what he did once he got there was terrible and inexcusable - he could clearly run and he wasn't injured that bad. I could show many other clips like this.

Tonight's game?

I very much have criticised most of our other players. Practically all of them. I think we've managed to turn ourselves into a really poor team of pretty meh-poor footballers from top to bottom. But IMO Sissoko is by far the worst of the bunch, technically one of the worst players I've seen at this level, and he's being used in the most pivotal part of the pitch and it's been killing us for a long time. If we just used him as what he is, a wide attacker, running at tired defenders late in games, it wouldn't be so bad. He's getting put into midfield because he's a fucking unit, but we might as well put an elephant there.

No I meant Mondays one!

I think a large part of the problem is our shite FBs
Teams now know how bad they are and how they can’t even put a simple cross in so as someone said the other day they leave the flanks open and flood the centre so creative players like Gio are swamped
Sissoko shouldn’t be in the centre as he isn’t creative at all so we agree on that one
Bergwijn should be wide and so should Lamela but they keep cutting inside into traffic or getting in the way like Moura
And if Ndombele isn’t fit yet get rid

I didn’t know that so that explains it

It's bollocks. I've just watched the sequence leading up to the sequence I posted. Sissoko moving absolutely fine, no shouts for him to go down, here's the evidence:

No I meant Mondays one!

I think a large part of the problem is our shite FBs
Teams now know how bad they are and how they can’t even put a simple cross in so as someone said the other day they leave the flanks open and flood the centre so creative players like Gio are swamped
Sissoko shouldn’t be in the centre as he isn’t creative at all so we agree on that one
Bergwijn should be wide and so should Lamela but they keep cutting inside into traffic or getting in the way like Moura
And if Ndombele isn’t fit yet get rid

It's not his lack of creativity that's the issue, if he's being used as a DM, it's his lack of reading of the game defensively and his laziness and dopiness in not seeing danger or being able to tackle without fouling half the time.

Back
Top Bottom