Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I predict the same starting XI as tonight; possibly Stevie starting ahead of Lucas.

Lloris
Aurier / Sanchez / Dier / Davies
Sissoko / Lo Celso
Lucas (Stevie B) / Dele / Son
Kane​

------------------Lloris----------------
Aurier----Sanchez---Dier-----Davies
-----------Sissoko---N'dombele------
------------------Lo'Celso--------------
------Bergwijn------------------Son----
---------------------Kane----------------

From what I’ve seen from the first 2 games..

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez -Dier - Davies
Sissoko
Lo Celso - Lamela
Bergwijn - Kane - Son
I think Lo Celso and Lamela work very well together and are great at getting back and forward.

From what I’ve seen from the first 2 games..

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez -Dier - Davies
Sissoko
Lo Celso - Lamela
Bergwijn - Kane - Son
I think Lo Celso and Lamela work very well together and are great at getting back and forward.

From what you've seen in the first two games we'll play 433? :kanehand:

------------------Lloris----------------
Aurier----Sanchez---Dier-----Davies
-----------Sissoko---N'dombele------
------------------Lo'Celso--------------
------Bergwijn------------------Son----
---------------------Kane----------------

Looks pretty good but can’t see Jose picking Ndombele

Well, more of a 4-2-3-1 with Lamela further forward. I’d like a 4-3-3 though.

What you posted is not a 4231... It was 4123.... Even now what you're describing is 4213 (both of which are just variants of 433).

They don't look anywhere near the team they were before the break, which was pretty pleasing on the eye and solid defensively. Couldn't beat struggling Aston Villa and were hammered by Newcastle. I think Henderson is a huge miss for them, arguably been the best goalkeeper in the league this season. O'Connell at centre half has also been a miss.

Not sure on their condition but if O'Connell, Henderson and Egan (Suspended) are all out for our game, I'll be a lot more confident. I mean hopefully they can get something from United tonight.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Lo Celso - Skipp - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Kane - Son
No need to mess with the back four. Solid against both Man Utd and West Ham for the most part. Still yet to concede from open play. Stick a proper DM in front of them in Skipp and that may just increase solidarity. Lucas and Dele were both brought back in against West Ham and failed their audition for this one, get Bergwijn back in.

However, we all know this isn't going to be anywhere near the starting line-up. Mourinho has his favourites and those favourites we will see. I think he'll go for:

Lloris
Aurier - Sanchez - Dier - Davies
Sissoko - Lo Celso
Bergwijn - Dele - Son
Kane
Pretty much the same line up against West Ham but with Bergwijn in for Lucas.

Either way, I do think we'll win this. It will be scrappy but I think we're going into the game on a bit of a high and Sheff Utd look to be heading in one direction.

0-1

Kane with the goal

I just hope they score early, Sheffield United have shown a real lack of offensive ability all season long but especially in their two games since returning. If we allow them to sit back and congest things that is what they want, score early and they are likely done as they can't defend well enough if forced to open it up and can't create chances just by playing a basic game.

Score early, break what they want to do and then for once, cruise to a comfortable win.

Need to smash them, get it dusted early and avoid knocks. Things shaping up how I thought really, the "streaky" sides - Leicester, Wolves, and Sheffield have lost momentum and look like shit...condensed schedule will bite their thin squads as well I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom