Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just had it pointed out to me that we’re playing Woolwich on 12th July, with a game against Bournemouth on the 9th. Woolwich’s game before us is on the 7th giving them 2 days extra rest. Who the fuck put those fixtures together?! Arteta?

The Premier League really is ran by a bunch of morons.

9 day break for Mourhino to work with the players.

Unless something changes from the training ground, these are likely to be Mourhino's first choices :

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies
??????? Lo Celso
Bergwijn ????????? Son
Kane​

9 Subs (from) : Gazzaniga, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Winks, Sissoko, ,Ndombele, Gedson, Sessegnon, Moura, Lamela, Dele (plus Cirkin, White, Vorm)

Beside Lo Celso (fit enough to play the full 90 minutes tonight) both Sissoko (tonight) and Winks (v ManU) have done well either to consider as a CM2, whilst Skipp has not had a chance yet, despite Mourhino praising him after he last played. Not sure what Ndombele needs to do to play, maybe its only to rest Lo Celso on current form or if Mourhino switches to more of a 433.

Up front, Kane and Son seem untouchable whilst Bergwijn is just so much better than Moura.

However up front there's lots of choices with those named with Lamela, Dee, Moura and Sessegnon all vying for places and the need to put a lot of playing effort in means I think Mourhino will try some rotation over the remaining 7 games, just as he started Moura tonight and brought on Bergwijn later on.

The subs bench looks to be the remaining players not starting - although I hope to see White and Cirkin with both getting some minutes, not necessarily v Sheffield U.

Match after this one is Everton (H) on Monday 6th July, then Bournemouth (A) on Thursday 9th July,, Woolwich (H) on Sunday 12 July, and thereafter every 3 to 4 days, hence the need to consider some rotation.

Just had it pointed out to me that we’re playing Woolwich on 12th July, with a game against Bournemouth on the 9th. Woolwich’s game before us is on the 7th giving them 2 days extra rest. Who the fuck put those fixtures together?! Arteta?

The Premier League really is ran by a bunch of morons.
JM mentioned this in the post match interview.

Also said it wasn't fair WHU had 1 day less rest after the first round of games.

Most likely going to be the same lineup. I think José's found his back 5, and Harry, Dele, Son and Lucas are his favourites, while GLC is undroppable at the moment. That leaves only Sissoko, who I believe has the edge to start over Winks.

Bit early to pick a team.

But I watched Newcastle play Sheffield utd.

Sheff utd struggled with the pace of Saint-Maximain and Almiron. Sheff don't have any speed in their line up.

Newcastle played deep and hit them on the counter. I would be interested to see if JM does the same.

Case for playing Son, Lucas and Bergwijn. But would rather have one on the bench. Probably Lucas.

Back
Top Bottom