Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

These guys are in free-fall.

Even at their best this they concentrated on being solid defensively. I think if we can go ahead we can win the game.

only this is vs West Ham we were so slow and pedestrian, that'll play right into Sheff U's hands. we need to be quick, I'd actually love to see Lo Celso and Ndombele in the two with Bergwijn, Son and Lucas behind Kane and just run at them! no Dele, Winks or Lamlea to slow everything down and give them time to get men behind the ball.

Dr Tottenham will see you now…

Hasn't Alderwiereld played DM? I'm thinking more offensive fullbacks. Toby backs down as CD in attack and creates a back 3. Well probably a bad idea, how I miss an in-form Wanyama.

I can see us having a lot of possession and Sheffield United sitting deep. I think this is the ideal game to play Ndombele to try to get through some of the congestion with his ability to carry the ball.

Can see it not being pretty which is fine as long as we win.

that is actually incredible! goes to show much we've slid because of our weak backline/keeper.

You'd always back us to score a goal or two but the back 5 needs serious work in the off season .
I don't watch us play and think, we are always good for a goal any more.

Our current set up is to piss around with the ball, with no commitment to attack or overloading their defence, It is the most negative team structure I have seen in years, dropping N'Dombele is a key example of that, and Lo Celso's lack of use is another example.
Couple that with Brainfart Aurier who often is well in advance of his midfield, who have to drop deep to protect his position, and we look like a clueless clusterfuck.

At least Dier is starting to look a lot more solid, now he is in his chosen position, but I really wish we had persisted with Foyth, who even with his occasional feck up was at least a talented and composed defender.

Sheffield Utd should have won when they played us at WHL, they are organised if not spectacular, and are well capable of beating us in our current set up

The lineup and substitutions for this game will drive the Ndombele-truthers among us silly for another few days at least. Same side as the last day with Bergwijn in for Moura is my guess.

The lineup and substitutions for this game will drive the Ndombele-truthers among us silly for another few days at least. Same side as the last day with Bergwijn in for Moura is my guess.
Agree with Bergwijn in for Moura. Also wouldn't be against Lamela/Ndombele in for Dele, but JM loves Dele.

Agree with Bergwijn in for Moura. Also wouldn't be against Lamela/Ndombele in for Dele, but JM loves Dele.

JM loves Lucas too - so I wouldn't be too sure.

Lucas has started 24 of the 27 games he's been available for under Mourinho.

I can see us having a lot of possession and Sheffield United sitting deep. I think this is the ideal game to play Ndombele to try to get through some of the congestion with his ability to carry the ball.

Can see it not being pretty which is fine as long as we win.
In their last game, they looked like they were back to pre 19 form in the 2nd half. Dangerous team with a solid backline. Hope we do win but but with our away record, they probably think they're up for this
We need to win this game mentally BEFORE we even set foot on the pitch
It can be done but 100% mental strength from everyone for 90 minutes and Jose Jose using more than 2 subs if necessary. I hope for 1-2.....COYS

Back
Top Bottom