Sheffield United v Tottenham Hotspur - July 2nd - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mostly painful to our owner's wallets. That's why it's never going to happen. The loyal supporters amongst us will just have to accept that we will be a mid table team for the foreseeable future. This must be clear now to even the most stubborn of management supporters. All the other contending teams are still planning on buying fine players despite C 19. Our management is going to use it as an excuse not to buy. So brace yourselves fellow fans for the upcoming season and pray for a top 6 finish.
I just knew I'd get a disagree from you. You are the eternal optimist. I like you!

So let me get this straight Spurs are going to cite C19 as an excuse not to spend, yet you'd be blatantly be making the same declaration of no faith regardless of there being a virus or not.

Meanwhile.... It's funny cos so far we've heard that Arse are skint; Liverpool aren't in a position to do anything notable, not a peep from Wolves & Leicesters, so essentially what you're saying is that the 2 Mancs and Chavski will splash the cash as always....

Can you underline for me; where exactly is the news flash in your post?

I read the same shit last summer just before we spent £125m whilst the Dippers proceeded to spend nish and the Goons went full banter in the market. (Perhaps, I shouldn't mention the Everton, West Ham & Fulham fear some had in recent windows through rearing up old embarrassments... Ooops; I just did!)

Jeeezus, Spanner; don't you get tired of rehashing the same whingeing post every single day?

I mean, look at the self indulgence in your wording...

- Everyone one else will be buying "fine" players (what sanctimonious wankery!)...
- Alluding to "management supporters" (Spurs supporters please, fella; unless you're cool to start referring to yourself as a "moneyball fan"?) ...
- The "loyal supporters" amongst us (who, pray tell, aren't "loyal" by your assessment... Maybe you would care to lay out what your loyalty amounts to Mr '"Just started supporting Spurs again".... )

(Yeh, that's a rant, sue me ;but first ask yourself how well your recycled pap would fair if you subjected your drinking pals to the same shit day after day down your local....)
You're right......that's quite a rant.

Highllighted part is particularly laughable, but jeeezus man, did you read that post back to yourself before posting?

"I watched a documentary...." - Clear the sum total of your insight on this topic.
Now you're nitpicking. It was an 8 x1 hour episodes series and it was extremely informative. If you've not seen it, get down off your high horse until you have. And stop picking fights, will you? Debate is one thing as you have so many times pointed out to other posters you clearly don't respect but you're just being insulting.
BTW, you are now on ignore because you are an arrogant dickhead who thinks he knows everything, but doesn't and cannot understand why anyone would disagree with him. I suggest you do the same and we'll just keep out of each other's way. It's for the best.

Last edited:
Mourinho, integrity, in the same sentence. Never thought I'd see that.

Seriously though, he would have known our transfer budget/policy when he signed.
That was the time to make demands.

On saying that I think he seriously underestimated two things.
1) How poor some of the players are.
And
2) The lack of commitment of some of the players.

His after match comments were spot on regarding attitude and the future.
Maybe he shouldn't be saying it publicly but he is right.
Sad but true.

Now you're nitpicking. It was an 8 x1 hour episodes series and it was extremely informative. If you've not seen it, get down off your high horse until you have. And stop picking fights, will you?

You condemn an entire sport on the basis that they swear a lot behind the scenes.... Like the very sport you're here to discuss isn't similarly ridden with locker-room profanity?

What pretentious drivel.... You then want to preach to me about "high horses"?

LOL

Debate is one thing as you have so many times pointed out to other posters you clearly don't respect but you're just being insulting.

Bearing in mind you're definition of "insult" here is purely figurative; just maybe I find some of the diatribes you cyclically spit out to be "insulting" too?

Resurrected from my prior post for emphasis:

I mean, look at the self indulgence in your wording...

- Everyone one else will be buying "fine" players (what sanctimonious wankery!)...
- Alluding to "management supporters" (Spurs supporters please, fella; unless you're cool to start referring to yourself as a "moneyball fan"?) ...
- The "loyal supporters" amongst us (who, pray tell, aren't "loyal" by your assessment... Maybe you would care to lay out what your loyalty amounts to Mr '"Just started supporting Spurs again".... )

Yes cutting words on my part, but by the same token a fair critique. Shame you haven't got the gumption to follow up on your priot posturing and address my words.

BTW, you are now on ignore because you are an arrogant dickhead who thinks he knows everything, but doesn't and cannot understand why anyone would disagree with him. I suggest you do the same and we'll just keep out of each other's way. It's for the best.

Ignore button is a handy get-out, but it doesn't change the fact that you'd rather flounce than "debate" your position.... Perhaps your words aren't that heartfelt afterall?

Last edited:
Now you're nitpicking. It was an 8 x1 hour episodes series and it was extremely informative. If you've not seen it, get down off your high horse until you have. And stop picking fights, will you? Debate is one thing as you have so many times pointed out to other posters you clearly don't respect but you're just being insulting.
It doesn't get anything.
Jokes, points...it just wants to tell people off.

So pissed off with this result and performance that it has taken to now to get my head around it. Did not see any of Sky's analysis before, during H/t or at end. Certainly not watched back any of the action as too painful. Sheff Utd, a team that has not spent loads of money on star players like we have on Lo Celso and N'dombele. They played 2 extra matches since we last played and should tire towards the end (Joke) . VAR not to blame for disallowed goal but what idiots changed it from deliberate hand ball? Good points we had 70% of possession and played well at end of first half and should have scored. Despite disallowed goal which did have fortune of the ball going to Kane when it could have gone anywhere, it took to the 90th Min to score. That is not good enough and the attack must share the blame with the defence who let in 3 goals. The Midfield were even worse in not creating anything despite the high possession and not tracking back to stop the goals. Whilst we have had equally poor results this season, we now have a full squad to choose from and should not be losing like this.
Why did it happen? well Sheff Utd board did not spend big to make the team better, I cannot believe Wilder would have much support if considered for the Manager's job at Spurs either last November or at end of season. If people were picking a combined team from the starters then I cannot believe many Sheff Utd players would be in it. No fans to give Home advantage. It just was a shit show all round and should not have happened but I really cannot believe it will not be repeated in at least 1 of the remaining matches.

Who is exactly is earning that apart from Kane. Service to him is just plain shit. Really don't see why he should stay any longer. We've proved to have no ambition over the last few years. Don't let the jammy route to the final cloud that.
Im talking years gone by. Since I can remember favouring Spurs. They never had the best team. Mostly because, they the only team in the top 8 that actually comply with Fifa Fair play rules. There has never been a rich boss simply pumping money into the club. United are even selling shares. It shouldn't be allowed. Its a business that should look after itself. Today players are hyped and cost more than some countries because Fifa has allowed it to happen. Much as I sometimes dispise never winning, I celebrate that we always battled. Our current group of players are too hyped with having come second a few seasons ago. As far as Im concerned, you wanna leave, please vacate. That includes Harry Kane.

Im talking years gone by. Since I can remember favouring Spurs. They never had the best team. Mostly because, they the only team in the top 8 that actually comply with Fifa Fair play rules. There has never been a rich boss simply pumping money into the club. United are even selling shares. It shouldn't be allowed. Its a business that should look after itself. Today players are hyped and cost more than some countries because Fifa has allowed it to happen. Much as I sometimes dispise never winning, I celebrate that we always battled. Our current group of players are too hyped with having come second a few seasons ago. As far as Im concerned, you wanna leave, please vacate. That includes Harry Kane.
Unfortunately we now believe that we have a divine right to be in the top 6 or top 4.
Truth is that we built a way of playing with decent players. Rushed the sacking of Poch, the most successful manager of all time and now we are moaning about everything.
If we take stock. We have an overpaid manager, unhappy staff and a team that doesn't play as a team. We are not going to be challenging for the title any time soon, but may win a cup, Jose usually manages that. Welcome to our future.

On the bright side Sheff U beat Chelski 3-0 and Chelsea hardly had a shot on target.

Unfortunately we now believe that we have a divine right to be in the top 6 or top 4.
Truth is that we built a way of playing with decent players. Rushed the sacking of Poch, the most successful manager of all time and now we are moaning about everything.
If we take stock. We have an overpaid manager, unhappy staff and a team that doesn't play as a team. We are not going to be challenging for the title any time soon, but may win a cup, Jose usually manages that. Welcome to our future.

On the bright side Sheff U beat Chelski 3-0 and Chelsea hardly had a shot on target.

Loved Poch, but you what???

Loved Poch, but you what???
I knew someone would disagree but YES imo !
He finished higher than any other manager.
For dedication ,it was Billie Nick, but would he have done so well now with prima donnas asking to double their wages?
It would be very interesting to see Shankly or Busby in this era of player power.
Poch's football changed our style to pressing instead of believing that we could pass our way to success. My favourite was Jol because he gave me fresh hope in Spurs and that was the start of the revolution, almost derailed by Ramos etc.

I knew someone would disagree but YES imo !
He finished higher than any other manager.
For dedication ,it was Billie Nick, but would he have done so well now with prima donnas asking to double their wages?
It would be very interesting to see Shankly or Busby in this era of player power.
Poch's football changed our style to pressing instead of believing that we could pass our way to success. My favourite was Jol because he gave me fresh hope in Spurs and that was the start of the revolution, almost derailed by Ramos etc.

It wasn't a disagree.... It was a query.... A grab for clarity....

Not even phrased as our most successful of all time but THE most successful of all time?

That's an outrageous claim for a man with zero trophies... Who didn't innovate... Who to your later point never had to juggle galactico egos.... Who struggled on his end of player recruitment....

Poch rehabbed the soul of this club after a shitty spell and took us to the brink of glory and I had a ball but as much as I get romance in football; I can't get my head round that.

Poch took us to 2nd position in the league and the CL Final; he also took us into the top four a number of years in a row and all on a relatively meagre budget.
I think he is one of our most successful managers, he couldn't get over the finish line but no spurs manager has won us a championship since 61.
Bill Nick stands alone in the modern era, then the General Burkinshaw, I'd put Poch just below the General - who, let's not forget, was the manager when we were relegated but was given the time to get us back up - something not afforded to Poch.

Poch took us to 2nd position in the league and the CL Final; he also took us into the top four a number of years in a row and all on a relatively meagre budget.
I think he is one of our most successful managers, he couldn't get over the finish line but no spurs manager has won us a championship since 61.
Bill Nick stands alone in the modern era, then the General Burkinshaw, I'd put Poch just below the General - who, let's not forget, was the manager when we were relegated but was given the time to get us back up - something not afforded to Poch.
I'd personally put Poch below Arthur Rowe.
A toss up between AR and the General for 2nd and 3rd IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom