Sheffield United vs Tottenham Hotspur | Sunday 17th Jan, KO: 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

bill murray well its groundhog day again GIF

Team needs switching up but no doubt it will be the same shit with the same tactics and hope kane and son are on fire. 433 is clearly our best formation why we've gone away from that I don't know. The only time we played 433 in the league in the last 7 was leeds and that's the only win we've had.

Rational and logical.
There is nothing rational about supporting a football team or football supporters in general.

Its totally irrational to bind your happiness and well being into something you have zero control over, and also totally irrational to take pride and joy in your team winning when in reality you've had very little to do with it in a real sense.

Yet we are all drawn to it like flies on a turd.

There is nothing rational about supporting a football team or football supporters in general.

Its totally irrational to bind your happiness and well being into something you have zero control over, and also totally irrational to take pride and joy in your team winning when in reality you've had very little to do with it in a real sense.

I’m saying it’s rational and logical to expect a 1 all draw...

Not me, I ve followed spurs many many years, if we loose we loose, it does not govern my personal life or feelings far more important things in life to worry about than a football team loosing, but always want to see them win.

Spurs fans had every right to melt last night, it wasn't the result, it was the way we came out to play.
That's the problem though isn't it? If we were playing some decent football and had exactly the same results and points the mood would be very different.

It's just we're playing horrible negative football which for many of us isn't what Spurs is about.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Ndombele
Bergwijn Lamela Son
Kane

Our first 45 yesterday should have resulted in at least 4 or 5 goals. Reguilon, Son, Kane and Hojbjerg all missed sitters. The problem was that 45 minutes of decent football was followed by 45 minutes of no football whatsoever. I don’t mind playing on the break. That’s fine. What we do is simply stop playing and wait for the game to end. Nobody decent plays like that. Not at home to Fulham.

Before we kicked off Man City scraped a 1-0 against Brighton in a similar match to ours but they played football for 90 minutes. They didn’t just stop once they got to half time. They didn’t play heavy metal football but they looked dangerous for 90 minutes and kept a good clean sheet. We only seem capable of playing 20-45 minutes of actual football in each match. You can’t win matches doing that when you are as wasteful as we are in front of goal. It puts too much pressure on our sloppy defenders to keep a clean sheet. No matter who we play we seem to let them have 65% of the ball in the second 45 which is not acceptable.

Even with his bizarre selection of 4 midfielders yesterday, if we’d just kept doing what we did in the first half we would have won by 3 or 4. They were looking dodgy as hell at the back. But as usual, the opponent came out with more energy and we got scared and disappeared from the game. On Sunday we need a good 90 minutes. This game on Sunday is going to be extremely hard, they just won their first game of the season and they will be reminiscing over how they easily bitchslapped us last year. If keep doing what we’ve been doing then we are going to drop points again.

Last edited:
We really must not repeat the line up of yesterday. I looked at the line up last July when we were well beaten by Sheff Utd. At that time they were above us in the league. Compared with yesterday it was adventurous.
  • 1Lloris
  • 24AurierSubstituted forNdombeleat 71'minutes
  • 6D Sánchez
  • 15Dier
  • 33DaviesSubstituted forVertonghenat 81'minutes
  • 17SissokoSubstituted forAlliat 71'minutes
  • 18Lo Celso
  • 27Lucas Moura
  • 23BergwijnSubstituted forLamelaat 56'minutes
  • 7Son Heung-Min
  • 10Kane
Now there is no chance of Mourinho repeating that line up but from yesterdays team Sanchez must be replaced by Rodon or Toby and either Winks or Sissoko by a more attacking player. Moura, Bergwijn Bale Or Dele. As it is Sheff Utd I would be tempted to not play either Sissoko or Winks and rely on Holjberg to do the holding role and play Dele & Moura. Get at least a 2 goal lead before we go into our second half decline. At least with Dele & Moura on the pitch it would bring our goal scorers up to 4.

Back
Top Bottom