Sheriff vs Tottenham Hotspur 24.10 18:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have resigned myself to thinking Lamela will probably only be properly good in a season. Anything bad he does now I try not to judge. Just let him adjust I say. £30 million or whatever it is, is quite a lot of money though :lamelashock:

Would be a very expensive Gio 2.0 , even if Gio looked more comfortable on the ball. But its very early days , he looks scared atm, maybe he has to shower with Sandro and that would break the confidence in the best of us

4dji4.gif

funny moment,this reminds me of basketball,when the defender made a "perfect blocking'',was an amazing intervention of Chiriches,in the first half.

We probably will get to final, but god are the group stages boring. Wish we could get seeded straight into the quarter finals.
I remember a time when season after season European football had gone from reality to faint dream.

Personally I think the group stage is great, and even better if it gives us the chance to give fitness and game time to other squad members.

Writing off Lamela now is like writing off Modric when he first arrived, Bale when he was going through his phase of never winning and Townsend with his eternal loan spells.

And unlike Townsend (and to an extent Bale), Lamela has had to move to a new country and I for one know how much of a bitch moving is. No matter how much you earn and who you are, it takes a while to get settled.

He's admitted he's not quite there yet. For me that shows great maturity and I'm pretty damn sure he's doing his best to get into the form he should be in.

I remember a time when season after season European football had gone from reality to faint dream.

Personally I think the group stage is great, and even better if it gives us the chance to give fitness and game time to other squad members.
I think most people would agree with you with the whole giving other squad members game time. But that's not wat avb is doing he seems to want to always start 3 or 4 first team players, nd then subtitute even more first team players at a later stage. This would be totally fine if we were one of those teams who do well in the league after europa matches but we aren't. Our players get tired, coz there been dragged to shit places. This can obviously be fixed by Avb not taking all our first team along for the ride to some of the europa matches. Its one thing to take europa seriously its another to let it affect your league form.

Writing off Lamela now is like writing off Modric when he first arrived, Bale when he was going through his phase of never winning and Townsend with his eternal loan spells.

And unlike Townsend (and to an extent Bale), Lamela has had to move to a new country and I for one know how much of a bitch moving is. No matter how much you earn and who you are, it takes a while to get settled.

He's admitted he's not quite there yet. For me that shows great maturity and I'm pretty damn sure he's doing his best to get into the form he should be in.
It would be stupid for anyone to write him off completely. But I understand people who get frustrated by him, unlike bale nd modric he has the immense pressure on him coz of his price tag, we know wat that can do to young players who aren't even the finished article yet. But that doesn't change the fact that he will be under immense scrutiny being our record signing. Its like bale thing in madrid he didn't have a pre season nd was injured but already his been writing off, its the times we live in unfortunately.

Ultimately, the only way to look at this game is that when the group was picked we all would have taken 6 points combined from our fixtures in Moldova and Russia with the chance to close out the group at home making our November fixture in the Artic circle meaningless.

It's really quite amazing.

Spurs have played 14 games this season.

Won 11.

Drawn 1.

Lost 2.

Scored 27 goals.

Conceded 5.

Kept 11 clean sheets.

Equaled our best start to a Premier League season.

Are two points better off than in the identical fixtures last season.

And there are still people who find things to complain about.

It's really quite amazing.

Spurs have played 14 games this season.

Won 11.

Drawn 1.

Lost 2.

Scored 27 goals.

Conceded 5.

Kept 11 clean sheets.

Equaled our best start to a Premier League season.

Are two points better off than in the identical fixtures last season.

And there are still people who find things to complain about.
I've said this before but those stats look pretty when you write them like that, but if you actually look at the games you'll realise how lucky we've been in some of those games. We've scored 27 goals because we've been playing pub teams in the EL etc...

I still don't think they will score... just one of those games for them. It is all a bit dull...Adebayor?
Agree! Adebayor? But he is obviously back in the frame and regardless of our opinion of him over his recent antics. He is a good alternative (sub wise) to have on the bench! If/when he gets his chance, we see the same lackadaisical Adebayor (which I think/hope we won't) then send him back to training with the youth team!

Eriksen was good. The rest? Something to forget for sure

Shef exposed that high line badly and if Shef can do it ...

Lamela looked lost. Of course it doesn't help when AVB starts him out of postion on the left for the first 25 n then switches him over to his natural postion. Needs to get into the flow from the start

Bring on hull ASAP

I think most people would agree with you with the whole giving other squad members game time. But that's not wat avb is doing he seems to want to always start 3 or 4 first team players, nd then subtitute even more first team players at a later stage. This would be totally fine if we were one of those teams who do well in the league after europa matches but we aren't. Our players get tired, coz there been dragged to shit places. This can obviously be fixed by Avb not taking all our first team along for the ride to some of the europa matches. Its one thing to take europa seriously its another to let it affect your league form.

FFS who are these mythical squad players we have??

We have 1.9 x a first team......they all need games

So many bullshit excuses in football, play once in 2 weeks and you lack match fitness.....play 3 times in 2 weeks and you need a rest.....fans lap this shit up

FFS who are these mythical squad players we have??

We have 1.9 x a first team......they all need games

So many bullshit excuses in football, play once in 2 weeks and you lack match fitness.....play 3 times in 2 weeks and you need a rest.....fans lap this shit up
This is why I went self-employed. When I told my bosses that I needed two days off a week to rest they laughed at me. :(

Back
Top Bottom