Sheriff vs Tottenham Hotspur 24.10 18:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's really quite amazing.

Spurs have played 14 games this season.

Won 11.

Drawn 1.

Lost 2.

Scored 27 goals.

Conceded 5.

Kept 11 clean sheets.

Equaled our best start to a Premier League season.

Are two points better off than in the identical fixtures last season.

And there are still people who find things to complain about.
Tells you more about them really

Its not a crime to be critical sometimes is it ? We have had a very good run result wise , we are embedding new players and that needs time so from an efficiency point of view all is well.

But the football is far from exciting, we got lucky more than a few times and we are far from being a real attacking threat.

Its far from doom and gloom but its not Hallelujah either. There's nothing wrong with that , observing things doesnt always mean breaking down the team, players or coach nor does it make you an unworthy fan or anything , people get really touchy about Spurs these days.

Holtby is funny!
the midfielder of Tottenham said that he sleep during the flight to Tiraspol,and with 20 minutes remaining until the airplane landing,he was awakened and said that he thought this team "Sheriff" is from...Northern Ireland :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

" i don't heard ever about Sheriff Tiraspol,i thought they are from Northern Ireland. It's always an experience to play in the place like this (Tiraspol),especially for the youngers. I am very pleased that we arrived here,and i will tell to my grandchildren that i played in a part of Moldova,that is not ...Moldova!" :)

(Tiraspol is a city from a part of land "so called"-"Transnistria" not recognized by any country in the world, a "ghost country" on map...was broken from Moldova in 1992 brutal, with force by a "soviet' army,in a sudden attack, with their tanks (the 14th army) in the present at the borders of E.U. (near Romania) is this "satellite puppet state" ruled by russians from 1992 until the present days...

Last edited:
dos Santos was a wage thief, I've already seen more from Lamela at Villa away in the cup than he offered us.

Disagree there , am very underwhelmed with Lamela atm - but not saying he's not got what it takes, just doesnt offer anything atm. People are very hard on Chadli but very soft on Lamela, i think it has to do with him being a marque signing, a player we want to become a star.

Gio was/is a lazy cunt and a waste of talent but looked a lot more at ease with the ball then our 30 million youngster. But if both careers are over Lamela will have probably performed a lot better then the little mexican fatty

For me one thing is for sure, we are not a complete team without good fullbacks. Last night showed just how effective both of ours are. Without Rose and Walker's attacking qualities enabling multiple attacking options we don't look fluid or dangerous. Even if they are not charging down the line overlapping our wingers, if they are 20 yards inside the opponents half they still provide an option to give and recieve a ball enabling link up with defense to midfield to attack.

Their attacking threat not only creates more chances but also means it forces opposition wingers to trackback and effectively eliminate attacking opposition threat. Lastnight, I can't think of one occasion when they went beyond our midfield, made all the worse as they lost possession too easily (namely Naughton).

I don't know if it was because we were without Walker and Rose but both Dembele and Sandro were playing very deep, many times playing in between centre backs! They too lost possession many times which is why we were counter attacked by them so many times (ditto for our attacking midfiled too). But it also effected our attack as they were trying +20yrd through balls rather than 10yrd through balls, basically they were a long way from the attacking midfield.

For those that give Walker stick week in and week out take a look at our team without him. His (and Rose's) impact are massive on our ability to play fluent football, without them we lose attacking threat and possibly put our defensive mid under pressure making us vulnerable defensively.

Don't think Vertonghen and Chiriches should ever play together in central defence, both are too crazy and like going forward too much. Should be Dawson/Kaboul & Vertonghen/Chiriches.

Lamela is class he is adjusting like others, cannot expect everyone to fire at the same time,especially when he is being given limited time on the park!

Back
Top Bottom